Reviews for Lost Savior
Cuna999 chapter 19 . 3/28/2010
The whole first part was funny "BlobPods" "Ex-gob-er-god" xD Tenda with her "This is like, the best hotpod I've tasted in like, an hour." And Robert's description of Revya was cool. xD But then Danette showed up and I was like, " x Ohmy."

This chapter was kinda...bittersweet. Which is hard to write well, but you totally nailed it and ended it perfectly. It was really deep, well written, and...I can't do it justice in words cause there's not a word awesome enough to describe it. But it was one of the most amazing fanfics I've read in a long time. 3
Cuna999 chapter 18 . 3/28/2010
x

Gig-Vigilance-Revya into the reaper...

It's hard to describe, but it leaves a...deep impression in my chest.
Cuna999 chapter 17 . 3/28/2010
Myun. The "Ill eat you" and "Eat hearty" was...I dunno. I liked it. It was nice in a kind of...interesting way. But I was like "...D8 " When she cut Gig.
Cuna999 chapter 4 . 3/28/2010
Woo, reviewing now. Gig and Revya's battle was saying "That wasn't the same old, same old" was kind of funny. He's really in character which is awesome, especially the "Friggin' hell, what are you?" I was like "Oh snap" when he threw her out the window, but good thing she's fine. Though dying over and over again must...not be pleasant.
Shamise chapter 19 . 4/12/2009
Wow. I really enjoued this story. I've been a fan of Soul Nomad for a while now, but hadn't thought of looking for fanfiction until recently. I'm so glad I did! An this one is completed, and gramatically correct too! I love it!
Guile chapter 6 . 1/17/2009
Very cool fic for a game that doesn't get enough of that.

Gig in his reaper days was such a lovable little psychotic, and you managed to give Revya a personality, which isn't easy.
Acerbus Wings chapter 19 . 12/17/2008
Wow...I ended up clicking on this as a break from studying and ended up spending most of the night reading this...

Anyway, there's a lot of things I could say but I guess I'll just say I really, really liked this one. AUs usually provide interesting takes and this one definitely lived up to that. Mainly because of the ICness (which you always seem to do really well) and how well you built/rebuilt the world within the game's initial borders.

The hints dropped in the first few chapters to tell exactly where and what got changed worked really well because they’re so well weaved into the world that when they popped up it felt natural instead of it being a big info dump. When I read the bit with the soldier singing the skipping rope chant I pretty much went ‘oh…damn.’

“No, this part is the romance of Haephnes and Drazil... And from their anger the worlds were sundered...” So…I guess we can blame all the events of Soul Nomad on an epic lovers spat complete with child custody arguments (of souls)?

As for Gig...I really have to applaud you with this in general. One of the things about Gig is that despite the fact he changes a lot in the game he WAS a real SOB back pre-fusion (ripping out a baby's heart...harsh but totally IC for what he was like). I like that he never really lost that edge as the story went on (minus the end when he becomes Vig). Even after he gets to know Revya and even though you see more of his 'human' side (his boredom issues, his refusing to talk about Vigilance/Resilience near the end) he's still perfectly okay with killing her in the end. And overall, I just really like how you handle his voice. One of my favorite rants is the one he makes at the start when Revya and him first meet and he’s naming answers to all the possible reasons for Revya being there.

Just a little critique:

-For the most part I didn’t catch any grammar/spelling error except one and that was in chapter 7 where Gig says “If you’re really interesting in playing the hero” it should be ‘interested’.

-I’m kinda surprised Revya didn’t think there was anything odd about Gig’s floaty things, especially considering the other gods. It’s been a while since I played the game but I’m pretty sure Haephnes had some form of them so I’m surprised she didn’t make the connection…

-This isn’t really critique but the one thing that makes me sad about this story is that Revya and Danette never really reconcile in the end. It's hard to see them ever being as close as they were in the game (especially given the circumstances here) but it's still too bad they didn't find some ground again. Even if the anger’s justified it’s just really irrational given what happened (but IC and sad).

Overall, it was well worth the read.
Erihppas chapter 19 . 11/11/2008
Wow, I... seriously don't know what to say. You've probably received several reviews that praised how in-character or how well-written this story is, despite the fact that it's AU. So, I guess I won't repeat that. But even if it's AU, I actually find it... believable, and I like that darker atmosphere. It kinda reminds me of the World of Ruins in Final Fantasy 6, where people are forced to live under a... higher, darker authority? '8D

Thuris didn't really have the chance to appear. I don't think Galahad appeared at all, unless I'd missed out something or didn't catch the hint? 'X3

Anyways, what to say? M... Adding this to my Favourites isn't really enough to express mah love for this fic, but it's the only way.

Looking forward to more of your writings!
Karara chapter 19 . 9/8/2008
What an absolutely fascinating AU. Everyone was in-character despite how circumstances had changed. I particularly enjoyed how you depicted Revya, and how she grew and developed over the course of the tale... and the various nods given to the regular continuity.

I admit, I was worried about the relationship between Revya and Gig at first; that it'd turn into some sort of cliche romance with Gig as a wannabe Sephiroth or Draco in Leather Pants. But you kept it complex, twisted, and pretty much anything BUT romantic, keeping any subtext deeply buried underneath the whole tangled mess of... well, EVERYTHING. And you ended it perfectly, too.

My only real complaint is that I wished to know more about the world, and how everyone ended up the way they were. Like the situation with Odie and Dio - that relationship always fascinated me in-game, and with the set-up provided here, I was really hoping to find out more about what happened. (Particularly since I originally thought, given your set-up with the latter, there was no way the former could have survived...)

The way you used Danette to illustrate the differences was heart-breakingly effective. Over the course of your story, I really came to sympathize with her, and see things from her point of view. (She wasn't wrong. That was what made it sting the most.)

Overall, this was a great read, and I'm looking forward to whatever other works you've got planned for Soul Nomad. It's great to know that in such a small fandom, we've got writers like you around.
Unbalanced chapter 19 . 9/1/2008
I just spent... how many hours? I can't remember, but it was a lot. Either way, those hours lost were completely worth it. I'm kind of glad this was the first fic I tentatively tried to read (which is why I opted for an AU) after finishing Soul Nomad a day or two ago. Gives me hope that hey, it can be done and done well. Moreso because I always had a little - I lied, it's major - thing for Revya/Gig, but that's a secret.

I especially liked the way you handled Revya considering she was somewhat a player proxy (N1 needs to work on the concept of 'choices') and a character of her own. And Gig! Or should I say Vig. I'm amazed how well you captured him. Copy and paste the general attitude of the past statements onto the rest of the cast as you please. Of course, strong characters are useless upon a crude backdrop and script, but the plot was superb in its own little way. I don't know if I'm just confusing things here, but this felt less like an AU and more like a nicely-crafted 'what-if'. Actually, it's the same concept, isn't it...

I swear I'll write a more coherent review when the happy fairies stop dancing in my head. For the meanwhile, thank you; it was a great ride!
Revya chapter 19 . 8/29/2008
XD I knew ya couldn't resist it
Megaolix chapter 19 . 8/25/2008
Somehow, not what I was expecting? Must everything ends with this duo?

Vig... Not hard to see how you came up with that one. Vigilante, Gig. V, ig. Vig

But it was a good read anyway, as always.
xenocanaan chapter 19 . 8/24/2008
I don't get the ending
rinshibooty chapter 19 . 8/23/2008
"This is, like, the best hotpod I’ve tasted in, like, an hour."

I lol'ed. I also lol'ed at Vig, when I realized Revya wasn't shorenting Vigilance's name.

But this is a nice way to end the story. They just so happen to see Danette again, Revya and Vig are traveling together and stuff.

This story could be described as quite the ride. Quite the ride indeed. Everybody's was in character, the story took interesting, yet realistic turns (lol? that sounds weird...). Realistic as in I could imagine it happening in the game. (Or something.)

Funny, the day you finish this story I actually update Soulmates. Ha ha ha.

Okay, enough babbling. GOOD JOB! (Or something.)
xenocanaan chapter 18 . 8/20/2008