Reviews for Let Sleeping Dogs Lie
MusicNinja chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
I LIKE IT! I haven't read a first chapter as good as this in a while. You've got a real talent.
Ecri chapter 8 . 7/30/2008
I found your story and thought I'd read a chapter or so and continue later. Little did I realize I'd be unable to stop. I have no idea where you're going with this, but in a good way. I like the steady progression, the time you're taking and not rushing into this. I like that it takes some time, but Indy has begun to understand his son better and is learning to interpret his body language...to see the person behind the designation "son" and to like what he sees enough to be worried for this kid he's really only just met.

I'd love to see Mutt and Indy connect in some way, and I'm going to trust that they will and that Mutt chasing after his "dad" is something Indy is going to understand, though maybe Mutt will come to think of his "Pops" with as much affection.

Waiting impatiently for the next chapter...thanks for posting this!
Polly chapter 8 . 7/30/2008
Happy reading? With a cliff-hanger like that making us tense all over? Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that, while a brilliant writer, you like to exercise your creative juices by torturing us with suspense! :-)

Seriously though, I wasn't disappointed with this chapter and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to type this review. Mutt's confusion over what he's seen and his own paranoia that me may be going insane is really tangible and you really feel for Indy as he desperately struggles to get through to him. Oddly, I also felt a little sorry for Colin for the first time as the connection he was trying to make with Mutt was shattered when Indy came down.

I wasn't expecting Indy to be so underhanded in getting Mutt to relax but then, that's Indy's way - he thinks on his feet and adapts to different situations. And Mutt was probably close to a nervous breakdown and not doing himself any favours - you wrote his desperation to make sense of his memories so believably. I just hope he forgives Indy when he wakes up again and that Indy believes him!
Kation chapter 8 . 7/30/2008
Wow. I just read the whole thing and I was very impressed. It's too late to get into any more detail, but keep it coming!
Gala000085 chapter 8 . 7/28/2008
That was excellent! Absolutely brilliant stuff.
Bellatrixdragoste chapter 8 . 7/28/2008
this is great. cant wait till you update. i hope mutt gets better.
Skye21 chapter 8 . 7/26/2008
I was so happy to see your post! I had been missing your quick updates but I understand that sometimes certain chapters are more difficult to write. This was a fantastic scene, though, and I'm really enjoying the story. Please keep up the great work!
iccle fairy chapter 8 . 7/26/2008
great chapter! really well written and very tense! keep it up!
WarrinPeace chapter 8 . 7/25/2008
This last chapter gave me goosebumps (A rare feat). I feel badly for Mutt, the feeling of spiraling down into madness. You've written this brilliantly and I look forward to more!
MontyPythonFan chapter 8 . 7/25/2008
HAPPY reading? Lol, loved this chapter, tho it WAS slightly diturbing :-p Really well written tho :-D

Jess

x
ThinkingLady-Marethiel chapter 8 . 7/25/2008
Bravo.

Waiting anxiously for 9.

ThinkingLady
Anon chapter 7 . 7/20/2008
Please tell me what happens next! I'm dyin' over here!
DimpleLala chapter 7 . 7/17/2008
*gapes wordlessly* I LOVE your story! Really, I'm totally hooked.
Fantasygirl721 chapter 7 . 7/12/2008
Yeah, I'll have a nice time with this on my mind. Remember our conversation of cliffhangers? Exhibit A.

God, I am going crazy thinking that Mutt is crazy! Great work, yadda yadda, you're driving me up the wall!

Till next time,

Kat
Polly chapter 7 . 7/10/2008
Hi,

Thank you so much for updating! I was going through such a dry period when there was nothing to look forward to, fanfiction-wise, every morning and then, suddenly, I have this chapter to entertain me and put a smile on my face! :-)

The pacing of this story is superb - it's just the right development of key plot moments in each chapter to keep our interest piqued throughout. And the endings! Wow, you really know how to start and end a chapter to perfection - not an easy thing to do. The arrival of Colin? Or what could be Colin? That, I didn't expect and that's what I love about your writing.

There are too many things I loved about this chapter to name individually because good writing will do that to you but I do have to mention the touching efforts by both Marion and Indy to return to normality yet failing miserably to get past the accident. I also liked the little 'terms' they have developed to avoid mentioning the distasteful - so very 1950s. I love the idea of the great Indiana Jones still being governed by conformity and a fear of what he can't control. That's the beauty of what giving a man like him a family, will do for a character.

Anyway, wonderful job on everything and do enjoy your trip out of town. Don't let my desperation for good entertatinment guilt you in to coming home early and continuing with the next chapter ;-)
146 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »