Reviews for Testing
MarenMary93 chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
I'm happy I don't have to ho through any kind of "hellweek"...
Nice story! Loved it!
Poor Sammy!
Lexy chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
I guess I'm strange because reading about John doing that to his children had be want to find the nearest blunt object and beat him until he quit moving , like I get that he had to know thay they were up for that life that thy'd be able to fight back and not get themselves killed but I still find myself wanting to beat the crap out of him and hen take Dean and Sam away even though at my current age I'm only 17 and here they're 15 and 19 but hey I've got a futon the folds out nice and big in my room along wih my bed they could take the futon and I've got extra blankets and pillows
Tribble Master chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
i like how this was angst...action...action...intensity...humor? cute ending. it brought things together well. (
Wayward Opus chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
Okay, so. Amazing. And how come I was not aware before now?

I really enjoyed the end of the testing where John calls it off. The realization hitting home. Very nice usage of the jerk\bitch trade. Since I'm mentioning it, that entire paragraph made me grin. Excellent imagery.

I enjoyed the epilogue rounding the story out but I also would have liked ending it with Dean's "Sammy." But I can't really complain as I got more fantastic writing with the epilogue.

Skimming back over the story; Beautiful fight scene. Intricate but also easy to follow. Also, you knew these characters so well. This must have been a blast for you to write. I will now have images of a bruised and battered Sam every time I think of testing.

Extra WO points for including references to Mary AND Bobby.

The first story bar has been set. *Laces up his sneakers*
Scriptive chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
Awesome job for your first fic

:D
Orange Autumn chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
Aw, that was really good! Great job!
Mad Server chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Damn. Now THAT's a test! It's a really interesting mixture of kindness and cruelty.

I love how overprepared Sam is on his first hunt, just way more competent and way more of a proven all-around badass than he needs to be. I feel like he can more than handle himself and is therefore about as safe as it gets in his line of work, which is a nice reward after having watched him go through all the torture.

Favourite line: "Weird how Sam could trip and fall down a flight of stairs, but in a fight he never lost his rhythm or grace."

Thank you so much for the shout out by the way! My test wasn't NEARLY as crazy as Sam's, but still it felt like I'd accomplished something. You know, at my club the kids and the adults test for black together, about a hundred people testing at once, and there are maybe 20 black belts who mill around keeping an eye on them, and apparently being one of the black belts supervising your own child's grading is about the hardest thing in the world. Which is why I wanted to hug Dean all through this too, who's kinda-sorta Sam's dad.

Awesome first fic! Looking forward to more from you.
firestorm557 chapter 1 . 6/10/2008
i thought that this was a great fic. i mean, who doesn't love angst that the whole family takes part of? really, it was great, can't wait to read more of your work!
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
Jeez, it must have killed Dean to have to hurt his lttle brother like that throughout all that training!
Simone1 chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
Wow really loved the story!

Fantastic job.
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
Great job keeping Dean in character! I could see his external steel in dealing with Sam yet loved the glimpses into his heart where he was squirming for his brother.

I also liked John's point of view - loved his struggles yet his ultimate need to ensure that his family is safe.

Hm.. this story kind of makes me tired... yet makes me want to work out. Wanna fight? Let's do some push ups too. So we'll be ready.

"inwardly trying to kick in his resistance to his little brother’s pain. Too bad he’d never build any up."

So much a test for both of them!