Reviews for Black Mud Swamp
Kayla chapter 3 . 5/20
I know this was done awhile ago, and that I am on chapter 4 but, this is actually amazing. It has so much detail and feeling, and I think it is an excellent piece. Im hoping it will be even more interesting the further on I read. Im looking forward to reading the rest!
GoingDownWithTheseShips chapter 10 . 12/19/2014
I really liked how you didn't make them kiss at the end, it just fit better. I have to agree with you about how Musa and Riven always seen to fall too fast and that's not like their relationship. Very well done :)
VampiricRosia chapter 10 . 10/1/2014
hey Zadien!
this review is like a day late since i finished reading this fanfiction yesterday night. lol

i really enjoyed how you developed and what you did with the relationship between Riven and Musa3 it was perfect and i loved what you did at the end in chapter ten3 with that picture, it may not have been the best idea for riven's past but i still enjoyed how you did it and made musa find that picture.
another thing i enjoyed was what you did by bringing up Musa's past and where she was from.

i really enjoyed this story and your writing is so detailed and fantastic! i hope you continue becuase your one of the best writings i have found on this site and i am a little envious of how great your writing is...

soo please do not stop writing fanfiction!3
Anele chapter 10 . 6/7/2014
i liked your story allot.i think it was great because it viewed on their relationship forming between the two.i loved it! :]
Tetsu-sama chapter 10 . 2/3/2014
Loved this story and your writing!
Akela Victoire chapter 10 . 10/24/2013
Finally finished reading all of this and it was totally worth it!

I love the dynamics you made Musa and Riven have in this fic. Totally adds new depth to them that's hardly ever seen.

Great job!
Akela Victoire chapter 5 . 10/23/2013
Why am I now getting around to reading this?

Seriously, why? This is is pretty good!

Excuse me while I go read more.
halas chapter 10 . 8/29/2013
Love the fact that they don't immediately fall in love. Things should take a while. I would love to read a sequel too! This story is definitely going on my favourite list! 3

Karon19 chapter 10 . 8/23/2013
Six years and ten chapters. You must be mentally and spiritually exhausted. But I'm proud of you for finishing it. It took some time, but you never caved into fan pressure and wrote the story the way it needed to be written, because it HAD to be written.

Now I will admit, this last chapter was so-so. It wasn't bad, just not the epiphany I had hoped for. The beginning with those new fairies kind of dragged out longer than was necessary. They took up more screen time than I would have liked. Also, I wasn't blown away by the revelation of Riven's past. About the only part of it I did like was his mother's ancestry. It would explain Riven's inbred wanderlust and outsider nature. Gypsies, or Roma as they are really called, are shunned in many parts of the world simply for not fitting in. Riven is a gypsy at heart.

Okay, so the ending wasn't what I'd expected, but I cannot deny my pleasure at completing such a fine story. If anything, I would have hoped there'd be a final scene in the swamp, as Riven and Musa silently look back. What did they lose? Innocence? Youth? What did they bring back out with them? Courage? Trust? It would have been closing the book on pivotal moment in their lives. In fact, you could even have had one of those succubae bats watching them leave hand in hand, its eyes a shade of both magenta and navy blue as it had absorbed some of their energy during the attack. The bat is a manifestation of them, the part of them that never left, the part of them will remain in Black Mud Swamp forever.

But don't change a thing. This story is perfect the way it is. It's real. Just like Musa and Riven are real. Keep them real.

Guest chapter 10 . 8/23/2013
This is amazing
DarkBlueMahogany chapter 10 . 8/23/2013
Aha. What had actually happened with that 'little chat' Riven and Brandon were going to have? Regardless of the quality of writing style itself, I am not all that impressed with the story you made for Riven's past. Not that it is lame or something like that, I simply don't believe that the childhood you made for him is enough to make him sour, (I've met people with worse young days who go through life with smile larger than the veggie pie my brother makes) so in your story from my point of view he is regular jackass; funny, because it only came up in this last chapter. In previous chapters he was pictured as emotionally wrecked guy with good soul (his actions were telling that on several occasions, such when he left Musa after she told him she trusted him and when he refused to call the other specialists his friends). I have also spotted something I might call plot hole: if Faragonda and Saladin were aware that Trix are in the Swamp, the same girls who have ruined Red Fountain, imprisoned Miss Griffin along with her students, attacked Alfea, all of that in order to get to rule the world(and got pretty closely to getting their wish), why did they send twelve teenagers to look out for them? That sounds a bit risky to me. You kind of failed even at making up something to make guys look useful. Riven was useful, but he was in the focus of this story. Other males didn't do a lot. Sky got burned and the riddle about Trix's position was solved by Techna. So yes, they were more or less useless. And if Bloom is searching for her parents, well, I understand that Riven couldn't care less, but I am really surprised that Musa didn't come along, since I don't understand how could have she been a danger for everyone- if her magic could make some vibe that could bring down the walls or something, it means that she hadn't mastered it yet, and if that is the case, what the hell was she doing in the Swamp anyway? And how the comment about Musa's mother wasn't fair? It was true. As well I wonder how could Musa say that it wouldn't be right if her mother came back? I am motherless myself and I would great the opportunity of having her with me again with open arms. However I am aware that not everyone are like me, I would be able read that part smoothly if you bothered to add some details in order to explain us why she feels that way so we could learn something about her personality(does she thinks her mother is in a better place? Is she afraid that having mother after years of her absence would be bad because her mother missed important years of her life? Is she afraid that she might not like her mother now when she is a teen?), but you did not. I highly suggest you one more chapter, just to try and string some of the lose ends. Sadly I am a bit turned down how this chapter turned out to be, especially since I was waiting for it a long time, which set my hopes a bit high I guess. But well, that it my fault, not yours.
On a good side, a part where a fairy was turned into a rabbit was kind of amusing.
Delightness chapter 10 . 8/22/2013
I love it! I say it was a good ending. I like the fact that Musa and Riven weren't pressured into a relationship as some of the other couples. I like the fact that you made Riven and Musa more like a 'real' couple. And even though Riven life story was a sad beginning, I could tell it had a happy ending:D

Glad you finally finished! I hope you write more RxM stories:)
CrankyEmily chapter 10 . 8/22/2013
I absolutely /love/ this chapter. I think this ending fit perfectly. I loved reading Riven opening up to Musa and telling her his story. And even though I am one for reading MxR fluff, this chapter wouldn't have been the same with it. I often don't like seeing people rush their relationship, because it's just not /them/ when you do. So I'm happy you wrote it the way you did. :) And I'm not going to lie- I would love to see an epilogue, but even if you don't write one, I still love this story all the same.
MissElizabethPendragon chapter 10 . 8/22/2013
This was so good. I'm glad you finished it, and I would love to see an epilogue.
signourney chapter 10 . 8/22/2013
I seriously choked on my laughter when I read Riven calling Aisha bra-burner.
I think this last chapter fits. Like you said, rushing into a relationship for Musa and Riven doesn't fit (they are not sky and bloom lol). Riven has some trust issues and Musa needs something more then just something bland. So I like this. I like Riven's story,
I also liked the scene with some of the side fairies :)