Reviews for It's an Image Thing
Dustin McClary chapter 1 . 6/10/2014
I don't understand why you were so down on yourself about this one. I LOVED it! a bit random, yes...but then again, so is Yuffie! It was good...keep 'em coming.
Mythika chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
haha xD
I like the thing with the date xD
"demcember?" "sure." XD

and you know what?
to me it sounds like your dad really wanted to marry your mom and just saw that as a welcoming coincidence. :D
.. well, that's my interpretation. :D
CHIBI-CRAZY chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
Weird. My mom never got a proposal either! My dad just sort of...gave her the ring
Erilin-chan chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
Awwww, that such a cute and serene atmosphere! Love the idea and how you've done V and Y! White rose of Nibleheim, hehe _
Kuroya chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
This is perfect, imo, no need for changes or revisions. :) Why are you so insecure about your work? You're one of the most talented writers I've ever had the pleasure of reading. Seriously up there with Guardian1. So don't beat yourself up, just write what comes to you and make no apologies for it.

I feel like this is an honest look at marriage, though I am biased. I have never seen a happy marriage. When I was a kid, I saw marriage as like a necessity, something you just had to do, like going to school or getting a job. I didn't even know that you could choose not to marry (much less that you could marry someone of the same sex; thanks, conservative Catholic upbringing). All the married couples I knew, including my parents and other relatives, just seemed to be married out of obligation. Most of them fought a lot, even in front of their children. When I went over to friend's houses, they all seemed to have parents who hated each other. They would scream at each other, even throw things at each other, while my friend and I were in the same room. I've seen marriage destroy kids. In fact, one of the only friends I had with happy parents had parents who got divorced and re-married. My own parents didn't fight, much, but it was like they were strangers to each other. They hardly ever spoke. So I grew up thinking of marriage as something that you HAD to do, like taxes. I didn't even consider that my parents might get divorced, because I thought that what they had was what marriage WAS. I should have seen it coming, but when my mother asked for a divorce, I was really surprised. I didn't know that happiness or even love were things that should factor into a marriage. Seriously, how god awful depressing is that?

So to this day, I still don't think I ever want to get married, though I'm open to the possibility if I ever truly find someone that I love, and get along with. I think that's the mistake a lot of people make: they marry because they're in love with each other, and don't consider the fact that they don't get along. They have no synergy, and not nearly enough communication. So over time the relationship disintegrates, and the love fades, and it's no longer enough to stay together.

Sorry for the rant! :) TL;DR version, I guess, is that I agree with you. Marriage seems silly, but it can also be really nice, for the right people. I think that if two people love each other enough, they won't need marriage to prove it, but that doesn't mean that marriage can't be blissful and wonderful for some. Some people like that extra security and reassurance, plus the idea that it's "official". I think a good sign of whether a couple is ready to tie the knot is whether they feel that it's necessary. A couple who's "meant" to be together will know that they'll always be together, ring or no ring. A couple who's insecure won't feel like the relationship is "real" without the ring, which imo, means that they're either not ready, or not "meant" to be.

ANYWAY! Love this fic, short but sweet. Guessing this is kind of like a prequal to Convergence? Though I haven't read that yet, I probably will today. :) Keep up the good work!
JingYee chapter 1 . 9/10/2009
I love the last line. :) Good job, it's very cute.
Hanna Aeneas chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
Naww, cute

I loved it. Alot.
Kiariad chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
I love it!
Cyberbird09 chapter 1 . 10/28/2008
I liked it... a lot! The concept fits Yuffie and Vincent perfectly! Great job!
HyperForLife chapter 1 . 8/31/2008
This is how I've always wanted to get proposed to lol

I'm too cynical for cheesey romantic things lol if someone got down on one knee infront of me in a crowded place I'd probably punch them then walk away.

But I like this because it's not overly cheesey or romantic. Still cute though.
Anzer'ke chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
An excellent point given the sort of relationship yuffie and vincent would probably have.
Roxie Starcutter chapter 1 . 7/28/2008
naww

Cute, i like it (:

well written. Short, but understandably (:
Iseki chapter 1 . 7/23/2008
wow, I wasn't expecting something this...intense from the summary. normally I shy away from the "deep relationship" fics but this was really really in a blush-from-embarassment-never really-admit-to-the-fangirlishness satisfying. I mean REALLY.

I squealed. a little.
Forever Yours. Always chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
i love it! so cute, and since we all know that yuffie and vinnie r such a great couple, you didn't waste time, and got right into it! yay! i like those kinda story's. Next up for me to read, is that sequel to this...
Star Anise chapter 1 . 6/10/2008
Sweet. Very nice details and concept... I'm glad this view's taken for a change (at least in fanfiction) - I have nothing actually against marriage, but my parents aren't married; I don't plan to be; and if you claim to be marrying PURELY for love, then why do you have to make it legal/official? It can be conveniant, I guess - but divorce is anything but; just splitting is cleaner and less hassle, ne?