Reviews for Code Geass Funnies
All That Is Left Unsaid chapter 4 . 4/16/2010
It's hard to put my finger on it, but their is a certain something about your stories that really gets me. Near as I can figure, it comes from a combination of the simple parody humor and the emphasis on giving Britannia as a whole a much more "British" feel to it. That and playing Schneizel as a compassionate older brother akin to how Lelouch is with Nunally, and his refusal to use violence or Nunally against him. Something about the way you write Schneizel feels unique, and the word that keeps coming to mind to describe him is 'immaculate.' Having him walk into a beautiful environment with birds fluttering as he appeared just made the entire story.

That aside, the humor itself was well done, and seemed to build off some obvious jokes, showcasing the Rounds in more casual interactions, C.C.'s clear obsession with pizza, and the memetic jokes about Pizza Hut supporting the rebellion, but pulled it all together in a unique way. The various nods to things like Nonette's absence from R2, Suzaku's "Live" command, and his Charles Atlas Superpower (TvTropes) fit in nicely. Somehow I could really see Gino doing something like that if he ever did learn about it in the series.

I have to ask though, was the surfing commercial at all inspired by the official art of the Rounds at the beach?
icarus923 chapter 4 . 4/16/2010
AHAHHAHAHAA LOL. The Rebellion ruined because of pizza... Schnitzel should have done what he did here in the anime..
SomebodyLost chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
"… even his fart smelled a fresh mixture of pine, sandalwood, and Myrrh; should I collect and market the scent, the world's perfumers would undoubtedly go out of business."

One of my faves.

This really cracked me up and made my day better.

What I really like here is how you wrote this thing - like a refined Englishman, spurting out the humor here and there along the way...
Rathanel chapter 4 . 4/16/2010
That was just awesome. Not only was it ridiculously funny, but bribing CC with "Chief Taste Tester" sounds like something that might actually have worked, which just makes it all the better.
Holly Wills chapter 4 . 4/16/2010
Ahahaha! This is so funny! There are so many parts that I liked that I can't enumerate them all. But I liked this the most:

"Schneizel frowned deeply at this proposition, for he knew what it was like to have a cute little sister to cuddle and fawn over and then to lose her—the day Cornelia stopped waking him from bed with kisses was the worst day of his life."

Haha! Nice one! Thanks for updating! :D
someone179 chapter 4 . 4/16/2010
LMFAO :D
MisterSP chapter 4 . 4/15/2010
"Our focus topic for this retreat is this: How to defeat the

growing rebellion in Area Eleven? As you know, the movement is

led by my younger brother Lelouch, who is still mad at dad for

what he did seven years ago.

I'd have thought that at least Bismarck would point out that spitting on your mothers grave and then sending you and your crippled sister to a war zone that's far closer to another enemy nation than your own is *kinda* upsetting.

You know, just as an aside.

But I guess that kinda takes away from the point of this fic that is _Government Pizza and sensationalist commercialism_.
Tikigod784 chapter 4 . 4/15/2010
Surprisingly, Pizza Hut sponsors several animes from what I've heard. I wonder why the market's not more competitive... that could be an anime in and of itself!

Awesome, by the way.
xTincampi chapter 4 . 4/15/2010
Haha! Awesome idea )

Losing the war due to pizza ) Nice
black armors chapter 4 . 4/15/2010
that's so funny, i like the story, plz update soon!
Velshard chapter 4 . 4/15/2010
Laughed till I cried, especially towards the end there.

I hope this is a sign another chapter of "Lelouch of Britannia" will be out soon though, and are you doing any foreshadowing here, even a tiny bit?
Thyrokio chapter 4 . 4/15/2010
The Suzaku joke was damn hilarious, nice work.
Thyrokio chapter 1 . 3/16/2010
Lol, i would have never tought of it. Zero destroyed by a doujin.

Nice work
ndesi62 chapter 3 . 2/20/2010
Awesome stories; really unique and well-conceived. Not to mention absolutely hilarious. I like your characterization of Schneizel, especially. Oh, and I disagree with you on the 2nd story, the Sayoko one—it was one of my favorites.
SharinganUserX chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
OMG, insanely funny .. especially Rolo's comment in the yaoi comic
95 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »