Reviews for Lost Letters
I am revisiting old fics as I’m in a whole Mac/Stella mood recently and I can not believe I didn’t read this one back in the day. It is so so good. The plot was intriguing. I really felt like I got to know the side characters as well.
writergirl3005 chapter 32 . 1/15/2014
Absolutely beautiful, lovely story. It was confusing at times, but you cleared things up in the end.
Advazzz chapter 32 . 12/12/2013
Wow... You have to continue it from this point, their hands... Wow

Can't believe I read too! I won't be able to write like this...never! It was like to read a poem... How you connect all the dots together just incredible!
Advazzz chapter 16 . 12/4/2013
Didn't finish yet, but I had to tell you...WOW!

All your descriptions, the simple words between Mac and Stella, it's like wow...the world stopped turning around when I read those lines...the touching, the looks... it's amazing :)
Daisy1966 chapter 32 . 8/13/2013
Aww! This was an amazingly perfect way to end this story! :) You actually brought happy tears into my eyes. I'm more than glad that Stella brought down TJ even though you did make me worry here. I'm also glad that Stella got to meet Zee again. It was a wonderful meeting between these two and I love all the descriptions about that.

As for Mrs. Adams and her history...it was such a sad story and I'm very sad that she had to burn her letters, but I loved your description "all that they had recorded, could never be undone." I'm also love the idea that you had Jenny meet Mrs. Adams and I bet they will be great friends with each other :)

Aww! Danny throwing the wink to Don and his reaction to it was priceless :D

I really loved that Hawkes had to haul Sid out of there to prevent him from telling the weirdest thing he'd ever found in a dead body. Lindsay's reaction was very funny, yet it was just like her :D

The most pleasure for me here was how matured Danny had grown. I was slightly surprised at the fact that he himself wrote a letter but it was a good surprise. Besides, it was a love letter to HIS Lindsay! Wow! You have no idea how happy it made me :) That was really, really sweet! You captured the relationship between Danny and Lindsay beautifully and it made my heart warm.

My favorite part in this is definitely this, though I'm sure you already know that :D
All the words that had stoppered up at the times they should have been said: the pain at hurting her; the grief of moments lost; the joy in her presence. A love letter. His first, but maybe not his last. He handed it to her and watched, feeling his skin flush as she read and her face wavered and the sheet drifted onto the bed.

He cleared his throat, "Figured it was time I wrote someone a letter."

"Oh, Danny…"

She was warm around him, her hair soft against his face and her lips against his.

Nothing more needed to be said.

The ending was beautiful and very happy :) "she took her hand in his, and led him off the bridge and through the rustling leaves. They walked away together, hands joined, as the sun lighted through the trees upon them." - that was an incredibly beautiful image.

I'm sad that now this story is over, because it has been a very wonderful story to read and I loved it so much! :)
Thank you so much for giving me an every-day entertainment and pleasure and for that I cannot thank you enough :) Thank you so much for writing and sharing this fantastic story :)
Daisy1966 chapter 31 . 8/13/2013
Lindsay's talk with Jenny was very moving and it actually brought tears into my eyes. I'm glad to read and see Lindsay more in this story. It was nice to know the background of Rita and why she came to live in New York. I couldn't help but feel sorry for her. I loved Lindsay knew exactly how Rita felt in New York and also loved that you described her as a very sensitive, caring and thoughtful person. It has been painful for me to see her tortured by a sense of guilt that she didn't identify the car and let the criminals escape, but I'm so happy that finally she got some kind of peace of mind and that what happened on that day wasn't her fault and that Stella reassured her. I like the friendship they share and it was great to see them making sure of the continuity of their friendship:)

I wonder how Danny is going to react when he realizes that Lindsay was shot and I hope I will be able to see that :)

Ahhhh! You killed me again with cliffhanger at the end! I just felt relieved that things finally got back to normal and now this...
Daisy1966 chapter 30 . 8/12/2013
Wow! It was great to see Stella and Danny talking to each other. It was a very meaningful conversation, I think and Lindsay giving him a shave as he wished he could have another one was really nice! :D

I adore the way you captured Hawkes and Adam's emotions in this chapter, it was very beautifully written and it brought tears into my eyes. "The part of his job he found hardest to do - not deaths, not bodies, not the perpetrators of violence that he was forced to share hours of his working life with - but the living victims. The ones left behind who lived on after death. Sometimes, as he knew too well, in their own never ending deaths, lost to futures hoped and dreamed for, and destroyed. And he was about to bring the details of death to another living victim" - awesome line!

I loved the last scene with Lindsay; the fact that as soon as her phone rang, she feared it would be something bad about Danny was so real and showed a lot about her still fragile state of mind. Hopefully she will be able to give Jenny the worst consequence of Rita's death in as good a way as possible.
Daisy1966 chapter 29 . 8/12/2013
Wow! I'm fairly surprised at the fact that Mac was making progress because in the previous chapter he was apparently suffering from what he had done, but I'm really happy that he was finally able to realize Danny and Stella were going to be fine and that their and his lives would go on. The image of the morning you put in this chapter was very beautiful and it was so moving. I really liked this line: "Dawn rising with the glow of garnet and heliotrope burned through the windows and across his eyelids. Warmth crept over and suffused him and the scents of sun-heated air brought him gradually to consciousness. Each passing moment returned awareness of himself, his surroundings and his memory. Darkness and dreams diffused', and 'he saw the streetlights winking out one by one as the fire-opal sun rose above the buildings, shimmering the sky; burning away the last grey shreds; the artificial neons and electrics fading to the inconsequential. The city waking to a new day. He stood and watched its arrival; watched the last heavy folds of night’s mantle pale away to chiffon skies" - this added great hope to his realization, I think. And Mac throwing the coffee cup away and reclaiming his badge and also going to accept the consequences of his actions were good omen.

I adore how Flack and Angell were naturally having their conversation, I really could picture that their scene in the diner. :) You description of them were all beautiful and I loved it. I also loved Flack's appetite returning :D And another realization they were not alone was marvelous.

As for Danny's part, I couldn't help but smile at him letting his body rest and heal impatiently. I could see him lying in the bed, staring at the ceiling in frustration :D And again another realization that he wasn't really alone is amazing! :)

The last scene was very, very sweet! It was great to see Stella out of bed and able to comfort Mac! :)
Daisy1966 chapter 28 . 8/11/2013
This was another amazing chapter! You really described the angst atmosphere here and I loved it :) I thought and feared that Mac was going to kill Rich and now I'm worried about Mac- because of this: "Unseen above the city, Mac removed his badge, held it with his hands and with his eyes and then laid it on the desk. He slid to the floor and sat staring into the darkness that wound round him."

I loved the description of Flack how he stopped Mac even though he totally understood what his feelings were like. I also loved how Flack came to realize that Mac was only human. I have to say that I was quite shocked at Mac's behavior. I think I have never seen him like that on the show, but I might be wrong.

I loved the last scene in this chapter that Flack met up with Danny and Lindsay, Hawkes and Adam shared a drink and Sid was sitting with Stella. I felt finally good things are going to come back to them :)

I'm curious about Mrs. Adams' role in the rest of the chapters. And Rita's thoughts on her were very sweet and sad.
Daisy1966 chapter 27 . 8/11/2013
It was sad that Rich didn't realize what he had done was his own fault not others'. I don't understand how he (or most criminals) could shuffle off responsibility onto others.

This was so intense and at the same time scary. I love Mac and Angell working together in the interrogation and they were a great tag team to interview Rich. I liked how you captured Rich's thoughts - "One in uniform who he did not know; one of many milling about the precinct who had raked their eyes over him as he sleep-walked through their procedures, taking pieces of him; photographs; saliva; blood from his hand. They had violated him; him. He had thought he was untouchable, inviolate."

I think Angell's POV in here was great. I loved the flashback that little Angell beat up school bullies! I think it was a fantastic image. I also liked the glances between her and the invisible Flack! :)

The way Rich talked about Stella was so cruel that it was no wonder that Mac couldn't take this anymore and he lost his temper completely. You really wrote perfectly about Mac and the whole situation in here. I can see how hard he tried to keep calm and professional in the interrogation.
Daisy1966 chapter 26 . 8/9/2013
I'm glad that Hawkes and Adam were able to convince Lindsay that she should go to see Danny in the hospital, even though I understand her hesitance.

She still hesitated, so Hawkes moved round the table and gently took hold of her shoulders, turning her towards the door, "The letters will still be here when you get back, take our regards to Danny."

Another tear wavered down her cheek, "Thanks. I… thanks."

She fled from the room.

That was very, very touching. You described the interaction and friendship between Hawkes and Lindsay so perfectly :) And the scene that Lindsay saw Danny awake again was...I can't find the proper words to express my feelings...it was very beautifully written and I cried hard. I love the Danny and Lindsay you wrote in here so much! :)

Unlike past days however, they had something to wait and hope on. Flack's phone was in his hand, having rung a short time before; Lindsay in a burst of near incoherence, telling them Danny had finally regained consciousness. It had lifted some of the crushing desperation off Flack; Angell could see for the first time since the crime scene, his back straighter and younger. A few of the years that had bowed him had fallen away with the news that there was hope at last for his friend's recovery. Almost immediately, lighting the beacons of communication, he had contacted Mac on his way from the hospital to the precinct. Angell had heard only Flack's half of the conversation, but had easily interpreted how the other man had received the news.

You captured Flack and Angell perfectly, too. I'm glad that they had finally something to wait and hope on. I'm really happy for all of the team :) Angell reading Flack's thoughts well was great! I love their relationship and I bet she was always giving him his strength.

I can't wait to see how the interrogation goes :)
Daisy1966 chapter 25 . 8/9/2013
The first half of my review for the 24th chapter was cut off and for that I'm so sorry. I leave them again in here.

[Chapter 24]
You've nicely kept up the tension, so I'm getting more and more curious about what will happen next :) I'm really jealous of your amazing talent, vocabulary and various ways of expression. I could feel Angell, Rich and Zee's tension and how each of them was moving clearly as if I was watching them under my nose and I found myself shouting practically at the screen, "Hurry up, Don! Please!." The fighting scene between Angell and Rich (and Zee ) was so powerful that I did not have enough time to breathe and sat on the edge of my seat. I was really getting sweaty palms :D Aww! You have no idea how relieved I felt when I found out that not only Angell and Zee were alive but also they had Rich at last! :) Angell was a hero in here! :)

Flack saw the yellow bruise on the side of the man's jaw turned towards had him. At last. The man responsible for so much suffering to his friends. It left him loathing and hollow in victory though; the damage done would not be undone even by this. - I loved this line. You described so perfectly Flack's emotions in here.

Poor Janie! I'm so proud of her that she desperately struggled to escape from where she had been trapped not only for herself bu for Alisha. Hopefully these innocent mother and daughter will be saved or find their way to get out of there.

It was good that Adam, Hawkes and Lindsay identified John Doe as Joe and Jane Doe as Rita, but at the time it was very sad, like Lindsay said that it was too late.

The ending part of Danny's mother talking to him was very touching and it brought tears into my eyes.

[Chapter 25]
I loved the conversation between Mac and Stella. You captured their strong wills so perfectly! I loved the conflict as well as the resolve. They are both so in character. I could imagine clearly how hard for Mac to talk to Stella about what had happened. The mere mention her badge and her piece brought back so many memories and pains to him. Poor Mac...I also loved that Stella was making Mac go to see the interrogation and bring back a copy of the transcript. I'm sure she desperately wants to be there herself.

OMG! Danny's finally awake! I'm so happy to hear the news not only for Danny but also Lindsay and more than happy that Lindsay is the one he wants to see first! :D I hope Danny is still the same Danny we all know and Lindsay won't get further pains about him.
Daisy1966 chapter 24 . 8/9/2013

Daisy1966 chapter 23 . 8/8/2013
I'm glad that a tough and strong CSI Stella slowly returned even though she needs much more time to recover mentally. There are so many things happening and going on and also so many emotions circling in here and you deal with them perfectly!

Aww! Danny's fingers moved! That's great hope! I hope he will soon be able to wake and also hope that the rescue of Angell and Zee will be in time!
Daisy1966 chapter 22 . 8/8/2013
Hearing from Stella what she had to go through all over again makes me feel sick and it was heartbreaking. I can't imagine how terrified she was. It's understandable that she can remember only in fragments thinking what she has been through.

Aww! Trying to find their box must have been a hard work for Hawkes and Adam, but they made it! Yay! Adam keeping counting is funny, though :D

OMG! You have had me have a heart attack so many times :D I hope Angell and Zee will be safe.