Reviews for Lost Letters
Mellow girl chapter 3 . 6/16/2008
You are such a talented writer! I could feel poor Mac's confusion then angrer. I hope Danny and Stella are going to be ok. I do not like those guys that hurt Stella at all. Great Chapter!
SallyJetson chapter 3 . 6/16/2008
Oh this was just an excellent chapter. I agree that you could not have portrayed the tension, the evilness, the dreadfulness of the events and the people who committed them without the rawness of the language and the actions.

I love the vividness of this line: 'Mac skidded to his knees beside the younger man, frantic, hollow with shock.' AND the

shock in this one: 'Danny, Stella, gone. In minutes. Less; in the unreality of the event it had taken only seconds to reduce a team of three to only one man standing.'

And the letter writing plot thickens with another letter excerpt. It's just so intriguing. Now Ms. Adams has a secret as well. I'm anxious to know what it is.

Rich and Jake were so well done. I could feel the disgust and power of the older over the younger and I could see the cunning of Rich through his thoughts and actions particularly as he swerved to jolt Jake out of his trance.

And bad guys are rarely a bed of roses so I applaud you for portraying them as they really are.

Very much looking forward to the next chapter!
temporary relief chapter 3 . 6/16/2008
I think my young mind is a little scarred from the cursing. I would say that, but you should be in my art class when there isn't a teacher in there. It's like curse city. They don't yell them at least.

Great chapter! Evil cliffhanger! GR! Meanie! (the empty threat will be coming up soon) You can't just do that to Stella. Of course, I'm still hoping she's alive. They didn't exactly check for a pulse.

I agree with Shining Zepher. Mac is going to freak when he finds out about this. Definately freak. Could he BE anymore in love with her? Sorry, for the emphasizing. I have Friends on my mind. Chandler emphasizes parts in the sentence.

I like how Stella almost knocked the guy's tooth out. Fun stuff! I swear if you kill her or if she's dead, I will come to England and do something. (there's the empty threat. I'm losing my touch).

Mean cliffie! That one was just evil! Still an amazing chapter and the letter gives all this mystery. Who are these people in the letter? I can't wait for the next update! Hope you have a great day! :D
ChibiDawn23 chapter 3 . 6/16/2008
Wow, it reads like an episode...man, I hope Stella's okay, Danny as well...nice chapter, can't wait for more!
Illxmination chapter 3 . 6/16/2008
Okay, pardon my little swear here.

HOLY FREAKIN' SHIT.

Lily, that was ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT. I'm so scared out of my mind right now! Mac is going to be really, REALLY pissed off when he finds out what's happening with Stella. You didn't kill her, did you? That would make Mac possibly go over the edge and just lose it all. And I am just bouncing up and down in my seat, desperate for what is about to happen next. You have just caught my attention, hook, line, and sinker. OH GOD.

Cookies and ice cream for you! I'm throwing in a Don-cowboy plushie for extra motivation!

~Shiny-sama
Illxmination chapter 2 . 6/16/2008
*sighs* You're going to kill Danny? PHOOEY.

I'm running out of good words to say to you, Lily. Your chapers are really amazing, and I love what you are doing to thi story. I am very excited about what you will be doing to this fic, as what you have told me in your PMs to me. I'm scared, I'm elated, and most of all... angry Mac. Oh, god. I'm on the edge of my seat with this story right now. I hope you update soon. I have an unlimited staff of sugar in the back. *pulls out chocolate bar* Eat and be merry. You're doing wonders again.

~Shiny-sama
temporary relief chapter 2 . 6/15/2008
I don't believe you! I think you like torturing us. This will be short or long and random. I have to pick up my mom and brother from the airport. They were at Kansas State.

Great chapter! You have a lot of mystery in this one as you have in every one. It works though I don't like being on the receiving end of one of your cliffies. Writing them is fun. (Maybe I shouldn't admit that. I'm feeling a little evil lately).

I loved how devoted Mac is too Stella. You can just tell.

I also loved how Stella tells him that it serves him right for wearing black. It made me laugh. Of course Mac is a very sexy scientist in that. (I saw an icon that said Mac Taylor, Sexy Scientist).

Great chapter. I'm trying to be able to concentrate but I'm too ADD right now. Hope you had a great day! :D
temporary relief chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
Brilliant as usual! I come back and you already have another story. I need to stop going away. :D I love Angell and Stella joking at Danny, and Mac not coming to his defense. I also loved the description of Mac in the black shirt (which he looks best in, but that's my opinion). I love this so far. This is an incredibly short review, but I'm having trouble concentrating. Hope you had a great day! :D
Queen Em chapter 2 . 6/15/2008
What have you done?

You are such an awesome writer, one of the best on here in my opinion. You make it so believable and once again the detail and description is truly fantastic.

I cannot wait for more and please please please don;t hurt Stella

x
SallyJetson chapter 2 . 6/15/2008
Spectacular opening paragraph describing the heat! I just loved the picture this line painted in my head: 'Rowing boats glided at a languorous pace, and contained many a lady of Shallott, trailing her hair and her heavy limbs over the sides for some relief, whilst her Lancelot strained red-faced at the oars, or gave up and flopped back in the bows himself.'

I'm a definite animal lover and your capture of Joshua, especially as a cat was perfect from his previous ginger to now muddy brown color, his one gold eye and stumped ear to his chasing away of the rats with a flick of his tail.

And I'm really sad the letter-writing girl met her demise in chapter 1 because she was such a rich character but I'm now enjoying Mrs. Adams who you've vividly portrayed from her wizened face, nimble fingers and the fact that her tobacco is strong enough to challene the most leather-lung smoker. Exquistive details!

Hm ... trouble at the crime ... I'm not surprised ... you evil person you!
Justicerocks chapter 2 . 6/15/2008
You are very, very evil, lol. That's not fair. Danny can't die, he just can't. Please update, soon, very, very, very,very soon. Pretty, pretty, pretty please. lol Great story.
Justicerocks chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
Hey, I really liked this chapter. I jusr found this story. Loved Danny telling Angell she'd been spendinf to much time with Flack, it was really funny.
chrysalis escapist chapter 2 . 6/14/2008
What an opening, again! Absolutely everything being slowed down by the heat, and what a menacing reference with the lady of Shalott (Singing in her song she died,). Then 'Too hot. Too still. Too hot to notice someone who would be still forever now.' is a great line, and the willow weeping. And another letter, excellently described how the writing disintegrates (and I see a bit of a parallel here to life, especially as the young man's body disappears too).

Glad to see Mrs Adams back. Loved the deckchair keeping her shape :). And MAGNIFI-CAT! The insight you have into describing Joshua is adorable! Particularly loved: 'He and Mrs Adams understood each other's wants and needs; he let her know what his were, and she provided them for him. In return he sat under her chair and chased away the occasional rat with a flick of his tail.' But oh dear, what is she going to find in Rita's apartment?

I've heard of professional letter writers, and not just for official letters, and I'm really wondering what this is about...

I know this feeling: 'wished the heat would get out of his brain, it seemed to be very slowly melting it away inside his skull, and he had lost the energy and the cerebral matter even to pick up the trail of his thought process.' and even if I didn't I could imagine it now. Also liked Mac's thoughts on the heat, 'passions ran high, tempers higher, and judgements were lower'.

Loved Stella's concern for Danny, she sure is someone to notice such things, and her remark was cute 'whilst you hot-foot it over to the store'.

'but the opportunity for some gentle teasing would wait' - AGH! I hope so! You're sorry for damaging Danny? But what have you done to Stella? ? ? I am not going to beg you for a quick update because I know that no one in your story will be completely out of danger that fast... but I am going to beg you to give me a bit of relief... PLEASE?
sarramaks chapter 2 . 6/14/2008
I hope the cat is okay!

Interesting chapter. I liked the details you gave about the old lady, she seemed very real, especially with the quirkiness of the pipe. I particularly liked the start, with the introduction of another body (let's see who can do the best impression of a Shakespearean tragedy and have the highest body count :lol:) and I liked the description which contrasted sharply with it.

"Eyes staying shaded against the sun’s watery attempts to blind the unwary as it delighted in reflecting itself in constantly shifting white gold pools." I loved this personification, very nicely done and my favourite line so far. I think you're doing very well with the POV's from other people - I like.

Loved the continuity with Mac's shirt, and Stella knowing he was too hot. I think I could have lived without Stella being taken, although I do think Danny will benefit from an odd bang on the head!
Blue Shadowdancer chapter 2 . 6/14/2008
You know, I don't believe at all that you're sorry for the cliffhanger ;)

Really loved the descriptions of the lake, and the body sliding slowly into the water. I also liked the way you referred to the people boating as 'many a lady of Shallott' with Lancelot, and then the willow linking into the images.

I'm glad to see Mrs Adams again, she's such a vivid character, as is Joshua the cat. I know one like that! And now we know the girl's name too, although I suppose it's debatable that that's her real name.

Again, I really liked the dialogue between the characters, particularly Stella being concerned for Danny but still teasing him, and then her laughing at Mac about always wearing black shirts. "I hate buying shirts," that made me laugh. I can't picture Mac shopping.

But now, the cliffhanger! I was not expecting that! It was so sudden, and came seemingly out of nowhere, and now Stella's in danger, I presume. Loved the descriptions of Danny and Mac running for the car and yelling for her, particularly after the shot was fired... and now Danny's been hit by the car? I hope he's going to be ok... Great chapter!
995 | « Prev Page 1 .. 55 62 63 64 65 66 .. Last Next »