Reviews for Literati
Lady.of.Victory.Rising chapter 15 . 8/1/2010
Had to chime in here with another comment: I love it that Lorelai's self-programmed ringtone is "I Like Big Butts." She WOULD, wouldn't she?
Lady.of.Victory.Rising chapter 2 . 8/1/2010

Jess' rambling at the end about Google? HILARIOUS! I can just see him hunched over his desk, nervous as hell about renewing contact with the girl who has ruined him for other women, putting down whatever random thoughts pop into his head just to fill up space...
watram chapter 21 . 5/20/2010
In all honesty, I was a little worried for a moment that they may have a little trouble with transferring their love from the letters to the real life, that it could be awkward because they had said so much without seeing each other's immediate reactions, but yay, they're working!

Beautiful ending to a beautiful story.
watram chapter 17 . 5/20/2010
"But all of that is beside the point. I missed you. I'm glad you're back. I'm glad we're back." I think I just melted.
watram chapter 18 . 5/20/2010
My eyes are slightly wet and I cannot stop smiling.

Yay! A really, really big 'yay'.

And I only just noticed that she started writing 'Dear Jess' from chapter 16 on.
watram chapter 15 . 5/20/2010
Rory, you silly, silly girl. You are so falling for him.

Now I'm waiting for her epiphany.

And ignoring Eliot whom I whole-heartedly despise. (That's what school does to poetry).
watram chapter 14 . 5/20/2010
"And mature is supposed to be my new thing now. It's crap, cuts half the fun out of life." My favourite line of the letter.

I had to fight an urge of hugging the screen with all these words as I was reading them. Weird, I know.
watram chapter 13 . 5/20/2010
I am so glad I am reading it now and not when you were publishing this story, because then I would just be crying hopelessly.

Yes, they always ended abruptly. But there's a first time for everything, right?

(Oh. I only saw your ending author's note in this chapter now.)

Did I say that I love it yet? Because I really, really do.
watram chapter 10 . 5/20/2010
I am overwhelmed by how accurate the comparison is. I have been thinking a lot of it, but you added to it and dressed in words beautifully.

Plus ('as an added bonus') this is a great way for me to start my revision of Great Gatsby for my exam in three weeks.
watram chapter 9 . 5/20/2010
Gatsby... I find this book generally very fitting for them... I see there's more letters with it in the title, so I suppose my thoughts are addressed there.

"What is what it is?" My favourite line.
watram chapter 8 . 5/20/2010
Ha! There's Othello!

The application of Shakespeare's line to Jess and Butler's to Rory is amazing. And spot on, I think. You make me think about them on a whole new level.

And I adore the ending of this letter :)
watram chapter 7 . 5/20/2010
Funny, I was thinking about Shakespeare, Othello to be precise, and his line about loving 'not wisely but too well' and how it is a reversal of Rory's kind of love. I never knew that Butler reversed those words. And you used them in this letter, as if echoing my thoughts. Or maybe you just led my thoughts into the right place, I don't know.
watram chapter 6 . 5/20/2010
I found this story, wanted to just read chapter 1 tonight and go back to homework, and here I am on the sixth letter and still unable to stop.

It's fantastic. The honesty is wonderful, if somewhat sad. Because Jess' unrequited love breaks my heart.

I hope his letters get to Rory's heart eventually as well and her 'I really like you' develops further. She'd be a total fool if she didn't let it.

Anyway, I'm reading on!
K-Marie-M chapter 21 . 12/27/2008
Ah! That was great!
tardislove chapter 21 . 10/21/2008
I love the ending. Good Job.