Reviews for The Final Ballad of Nellie Lovett
Inkfire chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
I loved this, it was just beautiful...
x-nellie-lovett-x chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
Oh. My. God. That has to be one of the best poems I have ever read. Ever. And I mean that. It's really emotional. x
unamuerte chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
I have mixed feelings about this poem. At times its very moving, to me possibly brilliant. At others I find myself stumbling over the word choice. I read this poem out loud a third time, and I think it is awkward especially in the first three stanzas - not because it is bad, but because you need to go back and revise it. I'm saying this from experience, because I write poetry too. If the words don't flow when read aloud, it would be best to chop out some unnecessary adjectives so that you're left with the bare minimum emotion. Some of the similes, such as 'like a hungry dog' and 'fire in my chest'come off cliched, and you substitute them for another. I don't want to sound like an arrogant know-all, it's just that this really is a fascinating, haunting, unique poem that could be really brilliant if you revised it.

But considering every has their own opinions, feel free to ignore mine. Happy fanfictioning!
I Spaz With Pizzazz chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
You know what?

That is really a beautiful poem. -is currently in a state of shock at the total and general prettiness- I especially like the one little part; " So I dare you . . . "

For some reason or another.

The whole thing is incredibly, incredibly great. :3

Pizzazz
HoistTheColours chapter 1 . 3/29/2009
Chilling, dark, frighteningly descriptive, and beautifully conceived in every way. This gave me the shivers.

I've never read a Sweeney Todd fic before. In fact, I'll confess that I haven't even seen the movie, but I get the general gist of what it's about-so the poem wasn't too hard to follow at all.

This was my favorite part: 'Take another look into the mortal map work of my love and reach out a finger

to trace the line of scars your constant rejection has left...' -just wow, I think that's all I can say to describe my awe.

This poem just had such a raw intensity to it. The words flowed together to create such a stunning and yet hauntingly crystal clear visual image.

I applaud you with a fantastic job well done.

Sincerely,

HoistTheColours
Skye Aerrow chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
Oh my god. This is utterly breathtaking.

Excellent mental imagery, stunning reality, and justified angst. Very, VERY nice.

Well done, darling. Well done, indeed.
Barcavolio chapter 1 . 8/14/2008
This is really beautiful and miserable. I love depressing poetry.
Shedemei chapter 1 . 6/20/2008
INTENSE. This is brilliantly dark and the diction is exquisite. You've done our favorite lovelorn pie maker justice. *faves*
MuchTooHighACost chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
Woah.

Like. THat's all I can say.

Woah.
Rolyat Eivyf chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Wow, that was pretty intense. I like the deepness of it, it really touches you and makes you understand her love for Sweeney, and how much it hurt her to be rejected. This is a fabulous poem, rewrite or not.

Depp-Sweeney Obsession
UseCorrectGrammar chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
I approve of the way you worded the credits!

HM, now that it's not three am in the morning and I read this its pretty darn splendiferous.

HOHOHO, you scamp.
Vaetra chapter 1 . 6/11/2008
wow, this is really powerful and beautifully written. i like how you kept the original meaning of the poem, but also made it your own. i can definitely see how this could be construed as a sort of tragic todd/lovett thing. (i take it that wasn't the original meaning of the poem.) excellent work!