Reviews for Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness
dTalkingMeowthJ-Cat chapter 1 . 13h
Yaay for Neville
mutsumi chapter 25 . 7/2
Lovely read. It was something I could imagine happening in school tho I had some reservations on Neville's development. It was subtle enough that he became their leader tho I could not really imagine them all being really military-like. But I loved the whole story. It brought back my love for all things HP and Ravenclaw. Which made me sad by the way when Padma got killed. I always imagined her to have lived and married one of the Ravenclaw trio boys. :)
Currently reading this story for the first time. Amazing so far.

There is something I'd like to point out:
Colin Creevey and Dennis Creevey are Muggleborns (unless I completely missed something explaining why they are at Hogwarts in your story?). With the new regime they should not be at Hogwarts during this school year. If you go by canon I believe they only return to Hogwarts when Neville calls the rest of the DA for the final battle after Harry returned.

Anyway this is only a small detail and it doesn't bother me at all. Really amazing story so far and I will finish reading the rest of it. I hope the rest of this story is just as good
mckydstarlight chapter 25 . 7/1
This story has been amazing!
waitwhatsthisfor chapter 25 . 6/18
wow! I absolutely loved this story. I cried so much in the last few chapters. Neville has always been one of my favorite characters in the HP universe. I loved how you captured his personality and his journey into adulthood. You were so creative with the incorporation of different types of magic from different lands - it simply makes sense (and apparently JKR thought the same thing because she's incorporating Native American magic some how into Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them). I thought your writing style was perfectly descriptive and engaging. I thought the story worked perfectly within the Harry Potter realm and the timeline of the book. Much applause and what a wonderful story! (I read it in three days!)
Hello, this is the third time I've re-read this fanfic. Just thought you'd want to know. Why?
1) I love the Golden Trio, but they get too much attention. Ernie Macmillan? Luna Lovegood? Padma Patil? Without the minor characters, they'd have bever succeeded, and you're bringing them to light in an awesome way.
2) Is it just me, or did the D.A seem a little TOO prepared for battle? Expecting battle training. So what you've done is awesome.
3) The part where Neville goes overboard and sorta loses it, I hate. Because I think it's actually pretty damn likely, and I just don't liek anyone under that much stress. But I love it too, because it's SO DAMN ACCURATE.
4) Your portayal of Neville amazes me. Best Neville-centric fic I've ever read.

I hope you don't mind my babbling, but I've been dying to do this for AGES.
so much love.
I was looking through my favorites and found this...
When I decided to just read the last chapter, kind of a 'just to recall' I was immediately sucked in... smiling broadly at the wonder of Nev with a loving family.
*Big Wonderful Happy Smiles*
Then he goes to class, and I was still happy, but some twinge in the back of my mind told me I was in trouble.
Then, over a year from when I reviewed this last chapter, I got to the last line:
And this time in particular, Miss Macmillan, I'm going to make sure to tell it right."
And I actually teared up, lump in throat, a flood of recollections so wonderfully bittersweet.

Thanks - again - for this wonderful work of art.
Majerus
Katie chapter 25 . 5/30
A friend recommended this fic to me, but I never could have imagined how much I would've enjoyed it. It's incredibly well-written. I laughed, cried, and became so utterly consumed with it that I didn't leave my room for hours on end. Harry Potter meant the world to me growing up, and it still does today. This fic more than did the original books justice; I actually found myself preferring Neville's tale to Harry a few times. Thank you for this incredible piece of work. I've recommended it to every Potterhead I know.
SlyHufflepuff chapter 3 . 5/16
I am so going to kill Snape. This is a really good fic. It's like a bonus from J.K. Herself.
birdandthebell chapter 25 . 5/15
This was an amazing read. Neville thrived.
Technomad chapter 5 . 5/13
I wonder if I'm the only DAYD fan who starts humming the theme from _Mission Impossible_ when they start getting ready for the break-in...
Wow chapter 25 . 5/4
Seriously ? This is pretty amazing!
RhaegarTelcontar chapter 1 . 5/4
So... Not sure if anyone's still leaving or reading reviews on this gem... But seriously, I think I've found the needle in the haystack. There are surprisingly little ffics that I feel to be worthy of being incorporated into the canon storyline, bit this one nails that. Yes, one guys opinion doesn't mean all that much but if I would recommend one good story in the HP fandom, This. Is. It.
It's something of a testament to the author's writing skills that I've had to read the whole of it in a single sitting (yes ma, I'm coming for dinner... God, she's been yelling that since two hours..) But stories that hook you in like this... Unbelievable... Your characterization, the setting, the near-perfect compliance with canon... I mean, DAMN! Hats off, mate
dianaatuna chapter 25 . 5/3
This is overall one of the most well-written HP fics I've ever read and it fits in with canon so well... This broke my heart so many times- almost twice as often as the number of times I laughed and positively shook with rage at the unfairness of it all. us reasons. The battle chapters and the torture-in-replacement-of-detentions were the hardest to read, for obvious reasons, but it seems like you captured the characters' personalities really well and came up with accurate descriptions as to how these students struggled and how war changes people. Thank you for very accurately describing the kind of loyalty and bond that would have sprung amongst the DA members in the middle of the war. Thank you so much for this.
John chapter 4 . 4/27
Am I the only one who uses "Have you read Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness" as an opening line on OK Cupid?
1,580 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »