Reviews for Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness
CameronEmma chapter 25 . 4/11
Well, you've succeeded in making me smile,laugh, get angry, get nervous and cry many times during the two to three days I've been reading this!
It is really an incredible story and it's the first time I've read one about what happened during the seventh year. Congratulations!
Good luck on your next story and thanks for making me think!
-CameronEmma
sos1993 chapter 25 . 4/10
This has been one of the gratest fictions I have read in past 4 years,
Keep up the good work.
Bert Canon chapter 25 . 4/2
I Just finished reading this and I could have sworn it were written by JKR herself! You adding that this is the first thing you have written is either a lie or it is amazing! This is the most fantastic fan fiction I have ever read, hands down! Thanks, Andrew!

I would write more specific compliments, but I am realizing this piece is six years old and that would be pointless. I guess the date on the epilogue threw me off. Still, very well done. I have no regrets about spending the last three nights of my life staying up late to read this when I should have been studying!
Trogmorten chapter 25 . 4/2
This story, this beautiful piece of fiction had me transfixed, I couldn't go to sleep properly without finishing reading it as a whole.
I am myself a soldier in the IDF, in a battalion called "Caracal" which I recommend you to take a minute and dread about.
I think I have never truly sank to the depth of a character like I had here.
There is such a beautiful delicacy to the way you wove all their lives, their aspirations and hopes andctheir dreams to creat a whole that is so intensely strong and capturing and painfully real that I cried none stop throughout the last five chapters.
Especially Paravati.
Oh how I cried for her, and for Ernie and Terry and Michael.
I cried for the whole lot of them because they stopped being characters. I was too deeply involved with them to simply let it go.
The mingle of pieces from the book (like dialog and gestures) and pieces from this awe inspiring piece of brutal beauty just tore me apart.
You even had me reading on guard duty!
Oh lord.
I just want more. More of their lives and of the aftermath, how they coup and what happend to D.A and D.C and to everything.
I really hope you will write something about Luna, she is my favorite character, or about the aftermath of the battle a few years or months later, not 15 years...
But this are just wishes. It is up to you.
Thank you for this wonderful, painful experience.
I totally accept this as a part of Cannon.
I seriously think this tops J.K who I have utmost respect for.
Thank you.
- Noga.
TheFatMan chapter 25 . 3/29
Having been lurking on for around 3 years, ive since discovered many fics ive enjoyed. I can count on 1 hand the amount of fics ive fallen in love with. This actually has made my top spot fanfic in 3 years. I was with you 110% - i felt like i could see neville and the rest of the DA in the training sessions, be sat at the tables of the great hall as neville and ernie being whipped mercilessly. I was with the emotional ups and downs and the conflicts and resolutions. Towards the end i thought oh great the big battle where everyone kicks ass and the emotional turmoil of it all ends.

Wow, you proved me wrong. Less than a page in and someone who has been in most of the story is dead from shrapnel exploding and wall fragments revealing the inside of his skull. I hate/love authors that can kill off characters with so much ease and yet do it at what felt like the right time.

I honestly shed a tear when neville was going around in the ceasefire finding parvati etc. I just imagined the hopelessness and soul destroying aspect of finding mangled remains, bits and limbs and seeing the injured die agonisingly horrific deaths and i cried.

I tip my hat to your sir for one of the finest, finest and damn finest fanfictions to have existed. If i were to ever meet you on the street - i'd buy you a drink.

TheFatMan
alannahleahturner chapter 3 . 3/29
Heartbreaking and beautiful. Thank you so much.
Majerus chapter 25 . 3/24
Bittersweet indeed.
Thanks so much.
Majerus chapter 24 . 3/24
Lots of reveal, some good closure, thank you for not taking Hannah as well. I am unsure if you are abiding by canon for the deaths, but the perspective is certainly well done.
Majerus chapter 23 . 3/24
Almost forgot to review, hurrying along to what is next. Where is Hannah? Who else has survived? Poor Susan :-(
Great battle and solid finishing fight.
Majerus chapter 22 . 3/24
No words
Majerus chapter 21 . 3/24
Good God.
There are a number of jarring inconstancies yet the raw chaos and horror of this battle overwhelm all else.
Majerus chapter 20 . 3/24
Some great mixing of canon and your AU, I am eager to see where you take this!
Majerus chapter 19 . 3/23
Lord you're gonna make me cry! This is some intense story telling.
Majerus chapter 18 . 3/23
Before I read, I forgot to say this: I wondered last chapter how they thought they would not be arrested in Hogwarts?
Or at the least targetted with outright hostilities as soon as they walked the halls alone?
It doesn't seem like the Dark Lord - or his cronies - to allow two kids to get away with the escape.
On to the story.
The story is almost unbearably ... harsh. I struggle for the right word, but the brutality is not without merit, and conveys exactly the level of horror I would associate with followers of tom riddle.
So much for three months.
Majerus chapter 17 . 3/23
Ahh Seamus, how completely type-cast. But still pretty funny.
I enjoyed how you portrayed the Macmillans, their way of life and the way it brough Nev back to life so to speak.
1,450 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »