Reviews for Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness
thomashailey67 chapter 25 . 4/23
This story completely captivated me. You are an incredible author and you breathed true life into characters I'd never paid much attention to before. I think this is by far the best Harry Potter fan fiction I've ever read. I think I actually liked your version better than JK Rowling's, and that says a lot.
Muhammad chapter 25 . 4/8
Wow, what a gorgeous piece of work! The darkness and detail that had to be left out in the original made the pain and love that much more important in this, especially with small details as explaining other magic! Speechless at this point, you have created beautiful art that has touched thousands!
Wnicole94 chapter 25 . 4/9
Amazing writing! Felt like I was reading another of jk Rowlings books. You really captured nevilles character like no one else could. Loved it.
Sad this is over. Anyone know any good stories that are like this one, the da's rebellion against the carrows?
EllieBettis chapter 1 . 3/25
This book is inspired. I knew what was coming at the end, and still I cried openly, wishing I could scream out loud because having the opportunity to know these characters better also opened me to grieving them in a way Deathly Hallows never allowed. Truly brilliant story telling, and better written than the original series itself.
catherine10 chapter 25 . 3/21
mate i just finished reading this story. It is amazing. I have read published novels that weren't as good as this fic. You are awesome
PanemNCircenses chapter 25 . 3/19
This FanFiction is truly one of the most phenomenal stories I have read in over 10 years of reading FanFiction. This story was recommended to me on Reddit and I am so grateful. No story has tugged at my heart strings like this in a very long time. Last night, as I reached the chapters focusing on the battle, I couldn't sleep til it was over. I was up, sobbing in my bed, reading through the battle.

You have such a brilliant take on the characters. Your story filled in gaps that I had no idea I needed filled. I have new appreciation for these background characters. You made me fall in love with characters that I hadn't thought much of before, and then made me mourn them bitterly.

If I ever had a chance to recommend a FanFiction to JK Rowling herself, this is hands down the one I would ask her to read. I feel you have brought forth the beauty of so many of her wonderful characters.

Thank you so very much for this story. Who would've believed a FanFiction story could continue to expand my love of this series beyond what it already was.

Truly, while I'm one of the few that enjoyed The Cursed Child, it was nothing compared to this story.

Wishing you all the very best.
Horrible, this is so inaccurate why is colin here he's muggleborn they had a strict rule about muggleborns that year he and his brother should be in hiding why is he here? it says he grew up readign stories about harry HE"S MUGGLEBORN super innacurate
cat chapter 25 . 3/11
OH LORD.
That was a marathon of amazingness!
I've been recced this a few times, and only just gotten around to actually opening it up, but a week later and OH MY GOD I loved it so much.
Your writing style is really comfortable to read, I didn't notice any plot holes, and it was beautifully detailed without dragging on.
Also I totally cried a couple times, which is always a good sign!
Thank you for your time, dedication, and efforts in bringing us this piece of art.
cornandbeans chapter 1 . 3/8
What can I say? This is amazing. Ever thought of writing a book (other than fanfic)?
Sasafras92 chapter 25 . 2/28
Hi Andrew aka Thanfiction,

I stumbled across this story by accident, and I have been enthralled for the past week with it. You provided a lot of enlightenment on Neville and the other children who were left at Hogwarts during HP and the Deathly Hallows.

I have not been to war, but without going into details I have experienced violence in my life. I appreciated not just the psychology each of the characters experienced as they were hardened by torture and war, but how you portrayed the battle and the aftermath itself. War and violence leave permanent scars, even if they can't be seen.

Thank you for you story and all the time you took to write it. I've deeply enjoyed it, and now I'm going to go look for any other stories you might have written!
Kimmytrainer chapter 2 . 2/27
What? Aren't Ginny and Seamus in the room? What about Hannah?
Kimmytrainer chapter 1 . 2/27
This is amazing. The scene where Neville spoke about his parents and sobbed made me tear up. He's such a brilliant character, and you do him justice. Great job!
I feel like Cecily (That's her name, right?) would've been really confused like "why does Neville say he's gonna tell it right to me?'
addimoss15 chapter 25 . 2/15
Honestly this story was way better than some published books I've read, but what I really love is the message. I love that you dedicate this book to real-life soldiers. It was a truly amazing story that was very real with emotion. You should definitely keep writing because you can say stuff and explain things that a lot of people can't. I love this story and I even cried towards the end, keep up the amazing work!
1,857 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »