Reviews for Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness
Visitkarte chapter 8 . 4h
Do you American even give a rat's arse about research? Here in Europe we have identity cards that have nothing to do with a driver's licence. That's why everyone can identify themselves m, no matter if they drive or not. I always get angry shen I see total Americanism's in Harry Potter fiction. It's a British story, not American. We do stuff differently. No one makes pancakes with maple sirup for breakfast, you can drink alcohol before you grow old, we don't do trick-and-treating and so on. I don't expect you to know that it's a jumper, not a sweater, but could you at least try? And, no idea if you use that as well but fannon has people shrink luggage and carty it in the pocket - no! If anything hou need extended room (moleskin pouch like Hermione). Shrinking is a very delicate and usually one-time-endeavor (for ezample, for clothes).

Have I mentioned? Ah, yes- I love this story! Sorry about the rant!
Sir Tiuri chapter 25 . 9/30
One of the best fanfics I have ever read
Your portrayal of characters, the way your messages are universal, the bursts of humor at unexpected times, the feeling that I myself am standing there seeing it all happen in front of my eyes...are you sure you are not Jo because you are as good as her and she is my favorite writer. Thanks for this...
Thanks for the brilliant and touchi
fantastic! I lauched out loud at the end
Riya chapter 1 . 9/24
Just like the actual books I am falling in love with this story over again... I read it once before and totally loved it and now when I am reading it again I am getting the same satisfaction I do after reading Jo. Even though I did not leave a review before I just loved it. Now I consider this fiction as book 8 because it's as good as them. Thank you for this... Even if I am not half as good as you with words I love you from my heart. The best fanfic I ever read...nothing would make me believe that anyone could have written it better and that does not include Jo;-). Worth a billion thanks this story is
Alexandra Thyme chapter 25 . 9/24
I knew there was a reason it took me a day and a half to read this. Congratulations on a well-written story, comparable to JK Rowling's books. I may have to print this out and keep it with my copy of Deathly Hallows. Neville always has been one of my favorite characters and I was always saddened that he remained in the background until he had a part to play that suited the plot. I'm glad you told his story. Thank you so much.
Alexandra Thyme chapter 22 . 9/24
How. Dare. You.
First of all, this chapter must have been really hard to write and I have to commend you for that.
Secondly, fitting your story so well alongside the canon and the events of the book was amazing.
Third, you made me cry. Real tears. Not just the typical "I'm crying!" comments people post when they're actually sitting there stone faced but have the emotions inside of them. You actually, literally, had me in tears. The Battle of Hogwarts means so much more to me now. I know this fiction isn't canon, but sheesh it might as well be.
Alexandra Thyme chapter 7 . 9/23
Oh. My. Goodness.
You know, are you sure you're not JK Rowling in disguise, just giving us more Harry Potter on the side? Because it really feels like it. Excellently done.
Alexandra Thyme chapter 6 . 9/23
Congratulations, you've made my eyes swim with that last scene. Also, wow. Your descriptions are very well done. You're very good and showing your reader, not just telling them, what is happening. This was a very vivid chapter, I could see it in my mind so well that it felt like I was watching it happen. The bit about Lupin seemed a little far-fetched, but I understand bringing him in at a crucial moment of storytelling, so it wasn't too unbelievable. Again, well done.
Alexandra Thyme chapter 4 . 9/23
Ahhh, there we go. I am relieved that Parvati and Neville aren't a thing, and I was rather surprised when you introduced them kissing and whatnot in Chapter 2 since I'd heard this fic was very close to canon. Also, I forgot to mention when you brought up the foreign magic and spells and thing, that is really cool, even cooler to see it being used by the DA.
Alexandra Thyme chapter 2 . 9/23
Kissing Pavarti is rather an interesting turn you decided to take, as I thought you were going to go somewhere with Hannah know, the girl he ends up marrying, according to Jo. But I guess it was a good way to let us know he has become aware of his change, how he is now a man. Interesting, I say again. Not expected at all. Hope you don't pair them, but I'll just have to see.
Alexandra Thyme chapter 1 . 9/23
Okay, um...I LOVE YOU. This is one of the BEST fanfics I have EVER read, and it's a HARRY POTTER FANFIC! This is SO GOOD. The characterizations, the descriptions, the setting, the's all PERFECT. I can't wait to read more. I'm so glad I found this 'fic.
HallowSparks32 chapter 1 . 9/22
You are one of the best writers here. I can't stop thinking about the deaths and Neville and Ernie and every damn character. Thank you. Although some actually didnt die in canon but hey, I felt every death and that means you did a great job. Again, thank you for writing this.
1,622 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »