Reviews for Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness
SirMandokarla chapter 22 . 4/23
Your imagination is morbidly dark, and your writing does it justice. I do believe you killed off a significant quantity more characters than J.K. Rowling intended. I was under the impression from her books that most of the D.A. had survived.
LongChild chapter 25 . 4/22
I sat down today and started to read this for the first time, I didn't do any work and I didn't do any revision but, I am so so glad I did. This moved me in so many ways and I am delighted that you took the time to create a world with in the world I know and gave me a new tale to thoroughly enjoy and I am happy that you did.
Ani X
Mitchell chapter 25 . 4/20
This was excellent. there were a few discrepancies but over all i was thoroughly enthused. Congratulations and please continue your writing!
Lolcatzlola chapter 25 . 4/20
This story is truly epic and amazing and i wanted you to know that it has really made an impact on me, and i think about it often. Seriously i don't know how best to put it but i love DAYD so so much
LupinLocked chapter 25 . 4/10
I know this has been said already, but this is the best fanfiction I have ever read! I love how you brought life to the minor characters in the books. Just amazing.
Kwan Li chapter 25 . 4/10
Perfection
ChatterChick chapter 25 . 4/5
I have been re-reading this over the past week and it's just as wonderful I remember. I loved how you included all the throw away stuff from canon, like Ginny being banned from Hogsmeade or Hagrid throwing the Support Harry Potter Party.

The minor characters felt real and I got such feels at times.

Great job!
cindylili chapter 25 . 3/28
I really, really loved this. The battles had such suspense, the danger level rose every chapter, and the tone of everything was perfect for war. There were jokes, but at the end, all the deaths were heartbreaking. The Battle of Hogwarts, especially, was intense. And I might've said this already, but I like how you added in other cultures and Houses and different types of magic, instead of fighting solely with Stunning and Killing Curses.
I could go on and on, but just let me say that everything in this story was perfect. I don't know if you'll see this years after finishing this story, but I hope you keep writing!
cindylili chapter 6 . 3/24
I can believe that this is canon, it fits so well with what we see Neville to be. There were parts that made me smile, and I absolutely love how you didn't make all the Slytherins "evil". Everyone's human. Even Luna, who is usually so hard to write, was done well. And the action scenes are awesome. I need to finish this, but right now, I have to say that this is really amazing. :)
SpitKill chapter 25 . 3/22
Your right about a few things. I did laugh. I did cry at times. This is one of the most beautifully written stories i have ever read. I have read literally thousands of fanfictions in my years of being on this site, and this one will take the spot at #2 right next to Harry Crow. You have astounded by your ability to keep detail and bringing things back to a constant full circle. Your ability to stick nearly perfectly to the canon plot line, and answering questions myself and i am sure many readers before me have had is inspiring. I don't know where you are today, or if you will ever read this review, but to the people who i do, i insist you give this a read. You will be inspired, broken down, rebuilt, then praised, for that is the power of a "Fool in Charge.'
PaprikaSix chapter 25 . 3/18
Holy hell. What a ride.
hobo chapter 25 . 3/16
Hands down best fiction ever. The war felt more real in this story than any of the harry potter books. Im simply taking this as canon. It's amazing! Thank you thank you thank you!
Elysia1 chapter 8 . 3/15
Firstly, the scene on the train made me feel the war more than any other chapter or even DH. I have officially dubbed this canon. It's AMAZING!

The end of the chapter has me smiling because I can't wait to see what they get up to. :)
Elysia1 chapter 6 . 3/15
Best chapter yet! Whoooooo hoooooo! GO NEVILLE!
Elysia1 chapter 5 . 3/15