Reviews for Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness
mollmorr chapter 1 . 2/13/2016
...i am lost for any type of words that can come from my voice box. just keep writing and never stop ok
wyoh chapter 25 . 2/12/2016
Bravo! Best fan-fiction I've had the pleasure to read that told the untold story. You breathed life into characters only mentioned and filled in a few of the blanks that the HP series could not answer, mainly do the constructs of the POV. I only wish I could see more fan-fiction writers take on the other numerous unanswered stories and questions of the verse. This was an honor to read.
TheLycanLovegoodChronicles chapter 9 . 2/11/2016
Great chapter, but the locations are a bit off... because kings cross isn't in Camden and its a really long distance from Liverpool street.
IntrovertedHappiness chapter 25 . 2/9/2016
This was fantastic! I couldn't stop reading! I've read many, many fanfiction and this one, by far, was one of the best yet! I love it so much that I got almost all my friends you read fanfiction to read this.
ohsosirius chapter 25 . 2/9/2016
This is by far, far, one of the best fanfiction I've read -and mind me, I've read quite a few. I made it canon almost the moment I began reading it. The way you pictured every one of them, the backstories you created and how you never forgot one character, it was totally amazing. I don't have words to express how much I enjoyed reading it, even if I cried quite a lot at the end and I hated you for a while because of Ernie and some others, but mainly him :'(.
I'm gonna go now to read Slaugh, I'm sure it'll be as great as this is and I'm looking forward to it. Your story inspired me to write some stuff which will probably never see the light, but anyway, I still can't get some ideas out of my head (it really got me, your story).
Congratulations on it, you made a fantastic piece of work and I hope you know how deep it got some of us.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/5/2016
Hi
Billy Green chapter 25 . 2/2/2016
It's been now 3 months since I read this. It needed some time to set.. Wow, I felt like falling into the dark. It's such a different story than JKR painted, even though you used her insights into the life of those left at Hogwarts..
I love how we were able to get to know all the other students better. How you made Hufflepuff the best house in Hogwarts, being so strong as they are united. This was eye-opening. It is beautiful. And Terry, Michael, Ernie, Susan, Colin,... truly beautiful! Neville never got enough credit in the books and neither did the others. I loved how you showed that compared to the Army, Harry, Ron and Hermione's journey was a bad holiday trip. Intense but never interwoven with such true horror. I kept listening to Nick Cave's O Children while reading which captured the atmosphere.. dark, depressing, no light at the end of the tunnel - one of the only things I like in the films (not the dancing but the song). A generation of children who have to cope with so much. Intense.

Some things I wasn't really to come around - I think the story you wrote leads to another ending than what JK has shown us. I think if Snape was willing to kill off Neville (without making a big deal about it and showing off so that it would prove something to the Carrows and Voldemort) he's not the good guy pretending to be bad. You painted him black with no grey - I can't really imagine that person helping Harry with the sword and playing the game for Dumbledore... Also as strong as the teachers are on the side of the Army, they don't really help, even if they have more power than the Carrows. How could they ever let the students get as brutally treated as Neville and Michael?
But yeah.. dark times! That you have shown. An insight into something unimaginable. True horror.

Shortly after your story I watched The man in the high castle - and I have to say your story is so much more convincing! It's about real resistance, about people suffering and changing within the process and having their ups and downs, giving up or pushing further, trying hard.
The Amazon series has nothing of that... nothing to keep me watching. Your story kept me awake the whole night, as I just couldn't stop reading. And I cried with every person dying.

And it stuck with me, I couldn't get it out of my head for quite some time.. thinking about all these things the kids have to go through, and still holding their heads high, not giving up - for a better world. That was truly inspiring. It keeps me thinking what we can do to make the world better. Not to hide, but to stand up and fight for what is right - even if it's not with wands, but with words and courage. Thank you. This truly is a work of art.
Elsa chapter 24 . 1/28/2016
I love your story, really. But I would like to comment that the closest family of "the witch who murdered Romilda Vane" weren't Colin and Dennis Creevy, but two witches by the name of Andromeda Tonks and Narcissa Malfoy. The first was probably grieving over the body of her daughter and son-in-law. They had been killed by Dolohov and Bellatrix herself, so Dromeda wasn't a really good target to curse if someone had to be avenged. The second, yeah, you have my permission to have her cursed. But let's not forget Narcissa made it possible for the war to stop.

Thank you for reading this, it's only a reminder of the composition of the Black family tree.
Elsa
YoungReader chapter 25 . 1/20/2016
FORTH TIME OF READING THIS, AND IT ENCHANTS ME EVERY TIME! I love your work, and someday aspire to be the slightest bit as good as you! My one and only complaint throughout the whole of 'Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness' was that it was by a long way TOO SHORT! Although you probably wrote this along time ago, I just want to congratulate you on this stunning masterpiece; the time and effort that must have been taken writing this certainly payed off. You shall always be one of my favourite authors - so keep doing what you're outstanding at!
With every best wish,
A Young Reader and Fan!
UnbiasedBias chapter 25 . 1/15/2016
I found this through a recommendation thread and walked in expecting some adventure, friendship and triumph. And I did get all that, but with more soul and reality than I ever could have anticipated. You've written an incredibly poignant novel, essentially, that absolutely captures all the joys and anguish of the D.A. Numerous moments struck me extra hard and moved me to tears - it mostly started at Michael Corner's punishment (your writing of that scene had my heart rate increasing rapidly), and only snowballed from there.

A lot of the characters, I originally didn't feel very strongly for - but I had always hoped more of them survived in the book, just because they were never specifically mentioned. However, your interpretation has been engraved as canon, as it almost feels like an insult to my memory of them to pretend I didn't read about all the horrors they experienced and lived through.

You've written an absolute masterpiece that I feel conpletely matches the epic and compelling original works. Thank you for having the patience to put it all together - it's one of those works that influence the reader's perspectives, and I feel that I can honestly say I'll carry some of the messages with me forever.
shankarbhat39 chapter 25 . 1/11/2016
I cant express how much I loved this story. Thank you for the laughter and tears and the late nights reading this incredible piece of work. 3
scarfire14 chapter 25 . 12/30/2015
There's too many different ways to say how awwing this story is. This is definitely something I will read again and again.
I am truely honored to have read it, as it is everything it should be, you have done justice to all characters.
The actual HP books were good but this story just has the depth and darkness in it to make you really truly feel for all the characters and the suffering that was indured.
shankarbhat39 chapter 13 . 12/28/2015
So I went to google translate and I think it's really cool what you did with Padma controlling the snakes! :) :)
MommyPuff chapter 25 . 12/28/2015
This was fantastic. I wasn't able to put it down! I have always wondered how things were at Hogwarts while Harry, Ron and Hermione were off Horcrux hunting and this satisfied that curiosity perfectly. I can't imagine JK writing it better herself. Truly amazing work.
wish we could delete accounts chapter 25 . 12/26/2015
This was a riveting story. I cried, laughed, was stunned into silence, and then cried some more. Thank you for one of the best fanfics I've ever read.

The characters were alive to me, (and regrettably, many of them were then dead) your words breathing them life and personality and gods, it was incredible. Cecily was incredibly powerful as a symbol. Neville wasn't perfect, but human in a way that leaders are rarely portrayed to be. Seamus was so alive and joyful, but also firm, and weighty in a way none of the others were. Ernie (oh gods, Ernie) and Susan broke my heart. Terry and Michael-I may have cried more for those two than any others, except perhaps Ernie. The Avada Kedavra from Terry-fucking hell, their dynamic was so incredibly well written.
1,868 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »