Reviews for Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness
Catherine Oakley chapter 25 . 2/3/2014
Brilliant...
Morzan's Elvish Daughter chapter 22 . 2/3/2014
My God, you make me cry.
TiberiusFish chapter 15 . 1/26/2014
This has been one of my favourite fanfictions EVER. It made me laugh, cry, wince, and rejoice. Thank you so much.
Connie rose chapter 7 . 1/23/2014
Very good! I really like the Christmas carrol, I actually sang it out loud to the tune of The Christmas Song ( Chestnuts roasting on a open fire)! Very clever name for the owl, the roman messenger god, smart!
BelleJ chapter 25 . 1/23/2014
There aren't quite enough words for how much I loved this story. I regret finding it in that I've accomplished nothing productive the last couple days devouring this story, but thank you so much! I really don't think Rowling could have done it better - this is a really wonderful, rich, detailed, and at times heart-wrenching, account of what went on 7th year at Hogwarts. So much love for this!
Nobody chapter 18 . 1/21/2014
Oh man, this chapter killed me. Everything between Terry and Michael was heartbreaking. Well done.
katcamree chapter 25 . 1/8/2014
Wow. I've spent the last couple days doing nothing but reading this. It was so incredibly fantastic. I applaud your skill and thank you for sharing your vision. Also I agree whole heartedly that the real soldiers do not receive enough recognition being brought up in a military family its an important thing to me. Thanks again for your gift to the internet (:
KomodoClassic chapter 25 . 1/7/2014
Dang.
There is just so much *impact* all over this fic and all the companion pieces, and the deaths and everything just hit so hard. I think my favorite part was chapter 18, with Mike and Terry. They might just be my favorites, especially after Praeclarus Merde.

Just...wow. I am so impressed with all of this.

At the end though, with Padma and Parvati, and Terry and Mike...small mercies, I guess. At least they went out together. George being alone is enough.

And for all the impact and sadness and dropping like flies and all, it's also truly funny in a lot of places, and thoroughly entertaining all the way through.

Also, this is now my headcanon. Excepting perhaps the massacre that was the final battle, because I hate it when characters I love die.

And I want to thank you for giving me an Ernie Macmillan and a Hannah Abbott and a Susan Bones and a Terry Boot and a Michael Corner and a Colin Creevey and a Parvati Patil and everyone else who are a lot more than the background characters they were in the books. Now they're three-dimensional characters in my head, and awesome ones too.

Absolutely incredible.
Leolina chapter 25 . 1/3/2014
Feat Thanfiction,

I loved your story. It's been a true adventure to follow your heroes (and they are yours, for JKR had planned them as sidekicks and side acts), and everything was so realistic and plausible. I admire your skills in writing action scenes, and I am impressed by your inventiveness - I've rarely read such a deep story.
The only thing I want to criticise ist your epiloge, and your choice of dedicating this story to. I don't think soldiers should be rolemodels, because the wars we wage today rarely have anything to do with freedom, Justice and love for life - they are about oil, power and which God is more powerful. Even interventions with seemingly good intentions leave more suffering and destruction than there had been before. The soldiers of our world can't or won't stand up to insane orders as Ginny, Seamus and the others did. They won't fight for their believes as much as for money, power and fame - it's a job, as much as it may be devotion. And there are as many Bellatrixes and Dolohows among them as in the ranks of the "Bad Guys". I wish our world was as "easy" as Harry's - with at least a clear evil side to oppose. I think that diplomacy, politics and negotiations, peaceful activists and peaceful opinions, people who fight without violence like Martin Luther King, Mahatma Ghandi, Nelson Mandela, and the silent heroes of peace we may have never heard of, do serve as better role models. I don't mean to criticise a single soldier out there, I do respect your service - as long as you, too, wish for a world where you and your sacrifices aren't needed anymore.

Thanks again for your story - it certaily inspired me!

Leolina
nightwing147 chapter 25 . 12/26/2013
Omg, this story is amazing. Neville is the most underrated character in the whole Harry Potter series and the way you have portrayed him is just amazing! You are a talented writer and I wish you all the best! Also if you want to see Neville take centre stage in another fanfic - you could check out mine and I would love any ideas because yours are incredible! :)
vanilla.delight chapter 25 . 12/23/2013
I am so amazed by what I've just read. I feel as if I'd just read a missing novel that was part of the series. Characters that were merely background mentions came to life with your words, and at the same time came across as staying true to who they were. The moments of laughter, love, and heartbreak were only a few of the emotions I felt by the time I had finished reading. Thank you for writing this, sharing it with us, and for making us feel connected to this make believe world.
uniteallfandoms chapter 9 . 12/21/2013
I absolutely LOVE 'Dumbledores Army and the Year of Darkness' (this is my second read-through :P )! You are an incredibly talented writer, and I love how you've taken background characters and created such vibrant, living people. Also, the audio-book adds another wonderful layer of magic that's gotten me completely enthralled! Please never give up on the DAYDverse!
sage6ty chapter 25 . 12/17/2013
This book was brilliant. Thank you for taking the time to honor the characters and their stories in a way which stayed true. I did in fact laugh out loud when Harry's sanity was in question, and found myself sobbing at Ernie's sacrifice. I myself recently went through a small trauma and drew much hope and courage from this story. I am reminded of a quote “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
Thank you for listening to the stories of young soldiers and for honoring them. It was very clear to me reading this that the emotions and actions of the characters were drawn from life-experience. You honor them with your words.
Shalom.
ChatterChick chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
I've read this a number of times and have tried to review it a number of times, but I just haven't been able to put the words down. The FEELS. THEY STILL HURT.
Guest chapter 22 . 12/13/2013
Chapter 22... tears are streaming down my face!
1,589 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »