Reviews for Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness
Laureen Lycan chapter 16 . 9/23/2014
I have been reading your story compulsively for the last 20 hours!

I had to stop at this chapter, because it Blew. Me. Away.

Krum's characterizations was utterly FANTASTIC in this. His lines were amazing, his ego and nonchalance about flying spot on.

Very boyish, much moreso than we see in the books, but I think it works perfectly given that we see him acting this way in the air. Amazing!
Laureen Lycan chapter 25 . 9/24/2014
I read your entire story these last two days. I could not put in down for life of me, and I want to say your work has done so much to fill the gaps and spaces for so many HP fans who wondered just what happened the entire last year at Hogwarts.

I was very impressed with how you wove this story to parallel the goings-on outside the castle. Although I had to suspend my disbelief that the professors of Hogwarts would have allowed the whippings and the torture scene with Michael, this was your story and I kept on with it due to your excellent writing and creativity, and faith that your plot would be fascinating and engrossing enough to justify this. It was! This was one of the most memorable fanfics I have ever read, and the majority of it felt like it could have been written by Rowling herself.

I dis have a question, did Krum actually die in the canon series? I wondered why e couldn't have apparatus away like Neville and Hannah.

I thought it was sort of funny you killed off all the main characters' exes! Lavender, Michael, Krum, Cho Chang, Parvati, Dean, Cormac... I actually wondered if you did this unwittingly, or if you have issues with exes of anyone you're dating, lol!

This was one of the most ambitious pieces of fan fiction I have ever read, and I commend you for both your creativity and execution. I stand up and say bravo.
popecatapetal chapter 25 . 9/21/2014
I read every word of the battle with tears streaming down my face. I may actually be dehydrated now, I have been crying for so long.

This whole story was absolutely wonderful - sometimes funny and often miserable and always perfect. All of it - the plotting, the training, the parts where life went on and where it seemed to stop altogether, the small rebellions and the massive conflicts. The new bits and the canon bits melded together seamlessly, and even though I knew how it would all turn out in the end, I could still barely breathe with the tension on numerous occasions.

So basically, what I'm trying to say is 'thank you'.
Arctic Jessie chapter 25 . 9/21/2014
I've read this about a year ago and have just recently found it again; just wanted to let you know this is one of my favourite fanfics ever. So beautifully written and, God, so many heart-wrenching bits that just make me think (especially the end, Ernie and Susan's daughter being mentioned just made me weep). So thank you for writing something so well-written and amazing, in general- it was such a pleasure to read.
Jade chapter 25 . 9/15/2014
That was an amazing ride. Thank you so much for giving such flesh and life to the characters left behind at Hogwarts. Thank you so, so much.
blue.dragon.bear chapter 25 . 9/16/2014
I absolutely adore this story! It was amazing. I love getting a look at how the rest of the school might have fared while Harry was gone. Wonderful job!
Torak the Slash Lover chapter 25 . 9/16/2014
This was recommended to me from Reddit, it's taken me a week to read, and I am completely blown away. Thank you for creating such a rich story, giving life and love to the faces and names in the background. When Terry tried to kill Mike out of mercy it broke my heart. And there were many moments where I laughed out loud. It feels like it's just missing scenes straight from JK. Thank you for all the effort to put in
CatnipGreenieOnFire chapter 25 . 9/9/2014
Wow. I don't want this to end! But thank you for this jewel in the potter archive here, this is truly one of the best (albeit tragic and depressing and made me want to rip my eyes out to stop the tears) fan fictions about the DA in the seventh year with the Carrows and Snape. I love how you kept it to the canon ending, and I also hate it, but ah we'll, all I know is that this story has been haunting me the whole time I read it, and that now I really want to make an AU where all those lovely people who died live. But then they'd be no action and besides; I can't write like you so I'd just hate myself for that! Can't wait to go explore your other stories, hope you write more in the future!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/29/2014
Thank you so much for writing this, I cannot tell you how grateful I am. It was a pure pleasure reading this, Neville's story fascinated and captured me like the canon, made it possible for me to re-enter this magic universe. It perfectly fits with the other books, gives them more depth and makes it possible to see the story evolve from another character's perspective. Not only your story but also your writing is brilliant, I absolutely loved the way you ended certain chapters with a very memorable line. You made me laugh and smile and cry, inspired me to think. You described war in a way that makes sense to me, gave the raw cruelty of living under a regime a face that -allthough it was in a world with witches and wizards- helped me glimpse what is reality in some parts of our planet from a more personal, more intense angle. You led my childhood fantasy world to war, tortured them and put them through hell. Maybe it is because of that your story made me see how human cruelty, how war can change and break people.
Your story is the best fanfiction that I ever read and probably ever will. Seriously. Wow. Thank you.
ptl4ever419 chapter 25 . 8/29/2014
Amazing amazing story, couldn't put it down and this is my second time reading it. And I think you accomplished a lot as you did make me laugh, cry, and think. Never stop writing as you are amazing at it.
Ryuno chu chapter 16 . 8/25/2014
Viktor is a raging badass.
Guest chapter 4 . 8/15/2014
Ch 4 and nothing interesting yet.
Lyillibeth chapter 25 . 8/2/2014
I have been up til the early hours of the morning reading this story for the past couple of nights.

It's phenomenal. If writing isn't already a career you're seriously considering; it should be.

Thank you for giving me back again the experience of reading a new story in my favourite world.

Sunlight Seeker chapter 25 . 7/29/2014
Best. Fanfiction. Ever. Are you J.K. Rowling or something? It's terrifying how good this is.
sherlockfangirly chapter 25 . 7/26/2014
That...was the most wonderful piece of fanfiction I've ever read / will ever read in my life.
It's hard to believe that it is even just fan fiction! my mind has accepted most of the elements in your story as canon, that I think I will have difficulty in differentiating facts from this story and the stuff from the actual books. I really really appreciate the efforts you've taken to bring out the story of Neville Longbottom and the D.A that so richly deserved to be told to the world.
I noticed you've posted this in 2008, I regret not having heard about it earlier but it just goes on to show how good writing will thrive on for a long time. I came across this as a suggestion for "best HP fanfics" on the HP subreddit very recently. People still talk about this. People are going to keep talking about this for a long time.

Also, I found "Final Author's Notes" moving and thought provoking. Thank you for that too!
you're incredibly talented and I hope you will have a brilliant life.
1,660 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »