Reviews for Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness
ChilliLemons chapter 25 . 12/26/2015
I read this tale about a month ago, during my exams. At the time, I didn't review it because everything was so raw. But I came back to it because this is the one story on this site that I can say deserves a review.
My 'review' is that it is perfect. I don't think that it's the story Rowling would write if she were to write about the struggle of the DA in the seventh year. It's better.
Over the past month, I've often thought about the death of the Creevey brothers. It isn't often that fanfiction reduces me to tears, even the best of it.
I love this story, but I wish with all my heart that you hadn't put it up here. Just as there's a fan-written sequel to Pride and Prejudice, I wish you could have published this as a book as well. It would have been a smash hit.
I've got nothing left to add except that this has been an incredible, incredible tale of war and life, love, loss, friendship, heroism and humanity, and a story about Hogwarts in its darkest days. It's been memorable.
Cheers,
Chilli.
Guest chapter 25 . 12/22/2015
This is amazing. One of the best hp fanfics I've read, pls write more!
Smilykarina chapter 25 . 12/24/2015
Wow! Yes I laughed, I cried and most of all I was totally engrossed in your compelling story. I never really considered the side of Neville and the DA but this story brought them to life in the way no other has. Thank you for your beautiful story and for the time you spent writing it with no reward apart from these reviews. I am honoured to have read this story which is as good as Harry Potter itself.
Halie chapter 25 . 12/8/2015
Your story was absolutely incredible. It was well thought out and well written. I couldn't stop reading it- thank you for sharing it!
Abby chapter 25 . 12/6/2015
I just wanted to say I loved this book. I got really into it and I was very pleased to see that it was created before the movie so that you didn't go off what happened in the movie but what happened in the book. All the time I was reading i kept matching up the timelines in my head, just keeping track of what harry was up to. But always after reading for the day I listened to Harry Potter audio books and was going all "Hang on this isn't meant to be about Harry, it's about Neville". So thank you for a great read
- Abby from Australia
Guest in Europe chapter 25 . 12/5/2015
Utterly, utterly brilliant story. Consistent, well-paced, moving, intriguing.
Thank you so much for writing it.
Guest chapter 25 . 12/3/2015
One word WOW! I laughed and cried...this was excellent. So excellent even though JK has not released the full list of names of those that died during the battle at Hogwarts you captured the anguish and emotion that JK herself gave us in the books. Thanks for this even if I cried so hard reading chapter 20 that I woke up the next day with a migraine...
Guest chapter 25 . 12/2/2015
This was really excellent, thank you.
Little Bassoonist chapter 21 . 12/3/2015
I feel so, so sick reading this. But it's amazing. I have been captivated by your story for the past four days. I consider it as good as canon. I've been waiting for this, the battle, for Harry. And now I want to throw up from how well you've made me care for these characters and the horrible (inventive) ways you've made them die.

This is, without a doubt, my favorite piece of fanfiction.
montanaatheart chapter 25 . 12/2/2015
Truly enjoyed the story. Started it this morning and kept at it whenever I had time today. It was compelling, and honestly made a better story to read than the overly long camping trip that was j.k. Rowlings story. I was quite surprised to discover that this was your first story. I have always been a picky reader and if a story doesn't grab me quickly and pull me in, I dont waste my time. Kudos on a captivating tale.
Guest chapter 25 . 11/29/2015
This is an incredible piece of writing. I appreciate all the work and the heart you put into this. I did laugh, and cry, and I loved every minute of this story. My brain accepts it as true. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
~KYS
unkaufkat chapter 25 . 12/1/2015
I would like to say that this story has been a fantastic ride full of emotion, laughs, and tears which has made me fall in love with these characters. The author, Thanfiction, is truly talented and has put much time, effort, and care into these stories. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoyed the original books, as I think this is actually better, if that's even possible, but I would warn them before they start reading that they they will not be able to stop. This story is amazing, and I am awestruck by the amount of work that it must have taken to create. Thank you Thanfiction, for such a marvelous story, and for creating these characters' character, and helping us to see how much they would have grown. This was a very realistic tale, particularly the battle scenes, and it really made me respect the soldiers of our world even more.
unkaufkat chapter 19 . 11/30/2015
This is an epic chapter, I nearly cried! Nice use of emotions to make it...well...emotional!
Kat Smith chapter 6 . 11/25/2015
This chapter is amazing! I almost felt like I was reading another book by J.K. Rowling as I pored over this! Thank you so much for writing such an awesome insight into this period of time not covered in the Harry Potter series, and for giving each character so much...well, character. I would gladly recommend this fan fiction for anyone who loves Harry Potter. Definitely a 5-star rating!
AlwaysHufflepuff chapter 25 . 11/26/2015
I love it. Touching, humourous, totally amazing. Thank you so much for writing this fic. It feels so refreshing to have the story from someone else's POV. You can really see the resemblance between both the fictonal and non-fictional soldiers. And just so you know, I shall take the time to shake their hand next time.
1,868 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »