Reviews for Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness
ChatterChick chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
I've read this a number of times and have tried to review it a number of times, but I just haven't been able to put the words down. The FEELS. THEY STILL HURT.
Guest chapter 22 . 12/13/2013
Chapter 22... tears are streaming down my face!
EB chapter 1 . 12/10/2013
Andy, I cannot tell you how amazing this fic has been for my life. I'll explain more later, but suffice it to say that it's one of the things that has helped give me realistic hope in the world.
Alexander chapter 25 . 12/8/2013
This was an absolutly stunning read. I truly applaud and thank you for this experience. I have missed the Harry Potter universe every since the last word of book 7, but you brought it back to me. It felt like i was reading a brand new Harry Potter book, with all the thrill and excitment of not knowing (all) of what was going to happen next, the kind of thing that a reread of the series just doesnt offer.

Thank you so very muchly, i am deeply grateful.

Regards from Denmark
Melissa chapter 25 . 12/8/2013
This book was amazing. I really enjoyed this perspective on this world, and your writing talent approaches that of Rowling herself. I laughed, I cried, and I really believed that this is what happened in the background of the 7th book. You really did a superb job, and I am glad to have read this. Thank you for your effort in bringing more of this magical world to us, poor muggles that we are. This world has been so much of my childhood and adolescence, and you made it just that much fuller and more real. Thank you.
DeathlyHallows08 chapter 25 . 12/9/2013
this story was absolutely amazing, you are such an amazing writer, unfortunately i will never forgive you for killing Ernie as he was my absolute favourite and i wanted him and Susan to live happily ever after. Thanks for writing this :)
Eva chapter 25 . 12/7/2013
I made the mistake of starting this at 10 pm. Its almost 4 in the morning. this was by far one of the most amazing fanfics I have ever read. thank you
rifkala chapter 25 . 12/7/2013
This was amazing
Carneu chapter 25 . 12/8/2013
I've been delighted to laugh and cry during this epic story you have written. I have enjoyed the viewpoint of Neville and how you have interwoven it with the novels. Many thanks.
Guest chapter 25 . 11/30/2013
I'm sitting here speechless, because I have absolutely no idea what to say. This normally happens after I've finished a really good book. Like, the last Percy Jackson book.

You have so totally managed to capture the characters, and struggles, and the books themselves. It is very professionally done. There was not one time that I saw a lack of capitalization, an inconsistency with the books, or a spelling error. I love your interpretation of Neville. This is so absolutely phemnominal that I have no idea what to say. Thank you for putting this story up for people to read.

Heartdancer
Rosy chapter 6 . 11/29/2013
I adore this story, from what I've read you are by far the most creative, well written, story I have written about the 7th year. It's absolutely everything I was searching for, action, explanations and excitement (: you're amazing, I adore you ahaha I had to pause and review because I loveeeed this ending for the chapter. I can't tell you enough how great you are, I'm excited to keep reading! Quick question, do you plan to follow the original book story line? And if so what is your take on snapes emotions right now? He's supposed to be a secret good guy so I was wondering about your explanation for such horrible and convincing behavior. Like I said I adore the story!3
HearAndObey chapter 25 . 11/29/2013
First things first: This story is amazing, I am amazed by it.

I just finished it after reading it for two months (because English isn't my native language) and I felt so many emotions. I haven't read the last books in years and you made me feel it again. It was one thing feeling and seeing stuff through Harrys eyes years ago but Nevilles side of the story and your fantastic writing style, seeing a more brutal side, often left me with emotions I didn't even know I could feel while reading!

I must confess I read the last chapters in one go and I was sitting there, more and more shocked and stunned, nervously reading line for line and at the end I just sat at my desk realizing all what happened, all the deaths and the pain, everything... I just cried...

Bravo. Since I discovered with this story that there is a whole DAYD universe I still have left a lot to read especially from you.

Keep up the good work.
Guest chapter 25 . 11/25/2013
This was amazing. Your writing style is incredible. Congratulations, thank you, and thank you to everyone who has served.
raquelicious chapter 25 . 11/26/2013
This was wonderful. All of it, just perfect. I went through the comments for a bit, just to remind myself of some of the best parts. The snippets of comic relief in between were wonderful. Like, "Make sure Hannah has something to throw. The girl doesn't miss." Because I immediately thought of the Mandrakes and couldn't stop laughing. There was Seamus, at some point, adopting 'Fearless Leader' in place of Neville's actual name, leading up to the final exchange of, "What, no Fearless Leader?" "Nah, mate, you look scared witless." There was Hannah's losing her head in the execution scene, giving what might have been the most priceless last words you'll ever see. "THEY'RE GOING TO CUT OFF OUR HEADS! WE NEED THOSE!"
There was the sweet, very normal teenage moment in the bathrooms where they had Neville blushing and talking about his first kiss, and then there was the priceless, "Do you honestly know how Nick was going to end that sentence?" Neville kissing Malfoy was priceless (certainly gave him pause), as was the ruse with the note.
The character development was wonderful. Colin- oh God, Colin- and you made me absolutely love the Ravenclaws, which is kind of a big deal because I'm not normally a Ravenclaw fan. There was Renny, and I loved the moment where Neville asks him what name he goes by, just because it was almost paternal, in a "What's your name, son?" kind of way. I loved how every single character showed themselves to be awesome when it came down to it, and have I mentioned I loved Terry? And Ernie. I'm a Puff through and through, and Ernie was just perfect. I liked the detail of Luna heating up her coin every day, because that was pretty brilliant. There was the outrage and bewilderment and everything of the DA when Harry, Ron and Hermione blundered in acting like they were the only ones who could do anything and didn't even know what to do, and again when Neville was fighting for his whole DA to come. I loved everything of Neville, including "Fool in Charge" and the way he sort of prayed to his parents and talking to Ariana and the times when his thought processes sort of derailed and you could see he was going a little off the deep end.
Then the death scenes, which were painful. When Creevey showed up, "The DC wanted to come, but they're all tied to things." I immediately started going, 'Oh God, no, not here, not in front of Neville, not in front of McGonagall, don't die Colin," and then he died. Parvati- that was all different kinds of painful. I was really hoping Ernie would make it through to the end, and the scream- I heard it. And the improvised magic. Somehow, it's more powerful knowing that it wasn't something any book had in it, but it was only his love for his wife and daughter that made the spell possible. And then Cho! And Dean! And all these characters died that I wasn't expecting! Dennis Creevey! Although he couldn't have possibly survived the loss of his parents and then Colin. Speaking of which, there was Colin splinching off his own hand and not even noticing. There was Neville's Gran addressing him as 'General'. There was the way Neville won over Aberforth. "You really are something, but let's not say what." Which I loved just because of that little bit of innocence left where Neville could recount his childhood to a complete stranger.
I've written an essay. If only my homework was this easy. Oops. At least you've got something to read now.
Invisia chapter 25 . 11/26/2013