Reviews for Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness
Sad this is over. Anyone know any good stories that are like this one, the da's rebellion against the carrows?
EllieBettis chapter 1 . 3/25
This book is inspired. I knew what was coming at the end, and still I cried openly, wishing I could scream out loud because having the opportunity to know these characters better also opened me to grieving them in a way Deathly Hallows never allowed. Truly brilliant story telling, and better written than the original series itself.
catherine10 chapter 25 . 3/21
mate i just finished reading this story. It is amazing. I have read published novels that weren't as good as this fic. You are awesome
PanemNCircenses chapter 25 . 3/19
This FanFiction is truly one of the most phenomenal stories I have read in over 10 years of reading FanFiction. This story was recommended to me on Reddit and I am so grateful. No story has tugged at my heart strings like this in a very long time. Last night, as I reached the chapters focusing on the battle, I couldn't sleep til it was over. I was up, sobbing in my bed, reading through the battle.

You have such a brilliant take on the characters. Your story filled in gaps that I had no idea I needed filled. I have new appreciation for these background characters. You made me fall in love with characters that I hadn't thought much of before, and then made me mourn them bitterly.

If I ever had a chance to recommend a FanFiction to JK Rowling herself, this is hands down the one I would ask her to read. I feel you have brought forth the beauty of so many of her wonderful characters.

Thank you so very much for this story. Who would've believed a FanFiction story could continue to expand my love of this series beyond what it already was.

Truly, while I'm one of the few that enjoyed The Cursed Child, it was nothing compared to this story.

Wishing you all the very best.
Horrible, this is so inaccurate why is colin here he's muggleborn they had a strict rule about muggleborns that year he and his brother should be in hiding why is he here? it says he grew up readign stories about harry HE"S MUGGLEBORN super innacurate
cat chapter 25 . 3/11
OH LORD.
That was a marathon of amazingness!
I've been recced this a few times, and only just gotten around to actually opening it up, but a week later and OH MY GOD I loved it so much.
Your writing style is really comfortable to read, I didn't notice any plot holes, and it was beautifully detailed without dragging on.
Also I totally cried a couple times, which is always a good sign!
Thank you for your time, dedication, and efforts in bringing us this piece of art.
cornandbeans chapter 1 . 3/8
What can I say? This is amazing. Ever thought of writing a book (other than fanfic)?
Sasafras92 chapter 25 . 2/28
Hi Andrew aka Thanfiction,

I stumbled across this story by accident, and I have been enthralled for the past week with it. You provided a lot of enlightenment on Neville and the other children who were left at Hogwarts during HP and the Deathly Hallows.

I have not been to war, but without going into details I have experienced violence in my life. I appreciated not just the psychology each of the characters experienced as they were hardened by torture and war, but how you portrayed the battle and the aftermath itself. War and violence leave permanent scars, even if they can't be seen.

Thank you for you story and all the time you took to write it. I've deeply enjoyed it, and now I'm going to go look for any other stories you might have written!
Kimmytrainer chapter 2 . 2/27
What? Aren't Ginny and Seamus in the room? What about Hannah?
Kimmytrainer chapter 1 . 2/27
This is amazing. The scene where Neville spoke about his parents and sobbed made me tear up. He's such a brilliant character, and you do him justice. Great job!
I feel like Cecily (That's her name, right?) would've been really confused like "why does Neville say he's gonna tell it right to me?'
addimoss15 chapter 25 . 2/15
Honestly this story was way better than some published books I've read, but what I really love is the message. I love that you dedicate this book to real-life soldiers. It was a truly amazing story that was very real with emotion. You should definitely keep writing because you can say stuff and explain things that a lot of people can't. I love this story and I even cried towards the end, keep up the amazing work!
Simon H chapter 25 . 2/12
I've not reviewed before. I've just read this over the weekend, and it's truly a marvelous addition. Sits alongside canon, its almost perfect. Just one or two americanism's that have slipped in, otherwise faultless. I'm so glad to have found it :)
lydi-cyan chapter 25 . 2/14
I honestly am almost lost for words. This is one of the most incredible, moving and perfect stories I have ever read. It did make me cry once or twice which is very unlike me as I have only ever cried at a book twice; once at the diary of Anne Frank and the second at Artichoke Hearts by Sita Bramhmachari. That you could do the same is brilliant and speaks for itself on your abilities as an author.
I found this story to be so perfect because it wasn't perfect. People died and it was heartbreaking but it was real, almost more real than canon and that made it so pure.
I adore your characterisation of all the characters, though specifically Neville. I think JK could have done more with his character but what you did was more than enough to make up for that. Also your portrayal of Ernie, Susan and Hannah; their goals, motivations and love for each other. The wedding at Gretna Green and the cottage in Kent. And Colin and his utterly stunning depiction with Dennis, wordless at his side. Seamis with his Gaelic spells and big mouth but love for his friends and belief in the truth. Renny and his internal conflict and the way he stuck to his ideals and fought against what he found wrong. Kevin and his final stand. Luna and her painting in her cell and wand of a spoon. Ginny with her fire but also her reason and older brothers too big pyjamas. Terry and Mike so smart and strong with their love for each other something no man could break. I could go on as they all were so achingly flawless and flawed at the same time.
The way you portray all the characters as human, with hardships to face, losses and fear but show the happiness in the bad times and how they are all there for each other makes me feel like it's real and that's the best thing.
One slight minor issue I saw, which doesn't affect my opinion on this story I was just wondering, I thought Gryffindor's sword was covered in basilisk venom. In the fight with Greyback,when Neville throws the sword at him and scratches him, this doesn't seem to affect Greyback though it almost killed Harry in CoS. Perhaps I misread but I thought I might as well ask.
I don't know if you still check FanFiction anymore or what but I hope that perhaps you will read this review and understand my appreciation, admiration and thanks for you. Please continue to write, I'll be the first in line to read something else of yours if it's even a slight bit as brilliant as this story is.
Lydi-Cyan
Anonymous chapter 25 . 2/12
I just finished reading this. I can't even find the words to describe the experience. I laughed till my sides hurt and crying, I actually (almost) cried, and pretty much everything in between. You perfectly answered the question of "what was the DA up to while the trio was hunting horcruxes?"
I applaud you for a wonderful job and please enjoy your virtual brownies.
1,869 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »