Reviews for Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness
Butterbeer corks chapter 25 . 1/27
Just finished your story. And I can't describe what I'm feeling right now. It made me laugh. It made me cry. All I can say is that this is truly a master piece.
I loved the fact that you made it from Neville's point of view, many a times us Potterheads forget how much of an important character he is.
Alice Lovewell chapter 25 . 1/27
gODDAMNIT IM CRYING SO MUCH RIGHT NOW! I kinda regret reading this story from start to finish in one night/morning but you are a freaking amazing writer and this story hit me in the feels from start to finish, from the cute Hannah/Neville moments to the angst and bloodshed of war. 10/10, probably the best story I've ever read about what happened at hogwarts while the trio weren't at hogwarts.
BlueKitty.TheGreat chapter 25 . 1/27
I don't have words for this story, but it's meant to much to me not to say something. Thank you.
Jenn chapter 6 . 1/23
I'm loving your story so far. I know it's not "cannon", but it should be. Thank you for writing this. I can't wait to finish it.
MaemiCammi chapter 25 . 1/17
This was amazing.

I really, really love the way you've managed to bring life to some of those characters we don't really see much in the books, and the way you've managed to make their relationships, feelings, loss and love seem so very real. I found myself crying more times than I recall, both from the hopelessness of everything and from the touching relationships between the characters - from Ernie and Susan to Neville and his Gran.

Thank you for writing such a deeply touching piece, and know that I will be reading it again.
Guest chapter 25 . 12/23/2016
It is currently 4.25am and I have just finished your book. I don't have the words to express how amazing it is!
florabloom chapter 5 . 12/23/2016
I love this fic and I'm so glad that I found it. I've always wanted to read about Neville and DA while Harry, Ron and Hermione were hunting horcruxes. Just one thing, doesn't Ginny know that Harry destroyed Tom Riddle's diary using the Basilisk's fang?
Flye Autumne chapter 25 . 12/17/2016
Superbly written.
Kudos to you, sir.
ArgentofCintra chapter 6 . 12/7/2016
For once I find myself in absolute agreement with mister Goyle.
harshi chapter 25 . 12/7/2016
You are right. It made me laugh but it made me cry more. And for real, what you said in the end about real heroes is what made me read this fiction in the first place. My country had been in a war for 30 years. I have never much spared a thought for the men and women who fought and won that war. I was much too little when it was happening. Since reports of war and loss and cruelty that surrounded war has made me voice my skepticism on many things. But I have been researching a lot. This book I bought the other day describes the war since day one in a soldier's eye who fought since day one. And the stories of sacrifices, unsung heroes madevme cry every two pages and I was unable read more than few pages a time. That's why I picked up this. Another story about unsung heroes and impossible choices and unbelievable sacrifices.

Thank you.
LovePolgara chapter 25 . 12/4/2016
I wish fanfiction had something like the Academy Awards, because this story would certainly win. It is beautiful, it is sorrowful, and it is epic. This story is a masterpiece! And I will be rereading and enjoying it for as long as I can find it on the internet. Feel very proud of yourself Than fiction, this story is one for the ages.
DiagonAli chapter 25 . 12/3/2016
This was such a spectacular read. Stumbled upon it as a "top 10 Potter fan fiction" to read, and I've been hooked. real life is ignored as I scrolled through this story. your writing was elegant, but not fussy, clear and engaging, my imagination was captivated. Thank you for sharing Neville with us. Such a realistic time line of that final year at hogwarts. Fantastic story. Can't wait to scroll through your profile and read more of your work. Amazing
izasherrie chapter 25 . 11/30/2016
This might seem a bit of a strange request, but I would like your permisson to copy the story into word, format it and have it printed and bound next to my Harry Potter books.
There is fanfiction that just picks up somewhere, but what you have done is given us the perspective that was missing, you've shown us Hogwarts under war. Not once have you contradicted canon, and what you wove into the story was compelling and relevant. This story wasn't just fanfiction, it was a story, a tale, in it's own right. And the story of bravery and loyalty remains just as relevant as it did in the first 7 books. For those reasons I ask, because I want to be able to run my finger over these pages and perhaps one day some of the expectional courage you captured might be able to grow over a bit to me.
izasherrie chapter 1 . 11/30/2016
I accept every single thing in this story as canon.
dragonsbride chapter 25 . 11/30/2016
I've read a lot of Dramione-stuff the last weeks and wanted to read something else for a change. I had your story on my reading list for a long time and I thought it would be just a nice change. A bit of light reading. Just another fanfiction to satisfy my thirst for J.K.R.'s world. What I didn't expected was how it would captivate me. I've laughed and giggled and groaned and cried. I literally sat in front of my computer and cried when Michael got tortured and Ernie died - and that is something I usually don't do. This story is far more than just another fanfiction. It got under my skin and made think about it, about the characters and what they underwent during my day. Thank you so much for writing this story!
1,864 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »