Reviews for Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness
Alytiger chapter 1 . 6/13
Oh my poor oblivious soul.
This (I feel it deserves the term novel) was exactly what I've always wanted. I truly believe that if JK Rowling were to come out with her own version of what happened at hogwarts during the Deathly Hollows, I would not want to read it for fear that it would not compare to this masterpiece. When people laugh at me or judge me for reading fanfiction, I tell them about this story, or try to convince them to read it if they are potter heads. I absolutely love everything about this, and the epilogue made me cry for real. Thank you so so much for sharing your incredible ideas, talent, and imagination with us.
TinyCurmudgeon chapter 6 . 6/4
Oh my god that ending just gave me goosebumps. Fuckin' A. I love this fic.
Morphixes chapter 25 . 5/31
This *felt* like cannon. I love it! Thank you for writing!
CateLouise chapter 25 . 6/2
Wow an absolutely amazing story. Your development of characters that we knew so little about really brings them to life and changes my perception of them from what JKR wrote. Could hardly put the story down it was so captivating.
Kairos chapter 4 . 5/26
God I love Neville! He was my favourite character in the books and my friends didnt understood me how I could love such a character when I myself have a very strong impossing personality. When the 7th book came out everyone saw what I saw in him. What you are writting here is so on point with all the characters that it seems to be written by JK Rowling herself. Congratz to you. Lovely work.
UnicornMist chapter 25 . 5/25
Wow! I wish I was as talented as you are with words so I can tell you how much this story moved me. All your characters were true-to-life and the story was gritty, sad and compelling to read. I thought you did an amazing job chronicling what would obviously have been a difficult year at Hogwarts that Rowling barely touched upon in her novels. I felt you did more than justice to her vision, telling the gore of war as well as the glory. Thanks so much for sharing this.
Kelly chapter 25 . 5/20
As the firat fanfiction I ever got into, this was everything I could have hoped for. You wrote this 8 years ago and it is still being read by new minds. I have the biggest heart for Neville after reading this, and I will defend him until my last breath. I was blown away when I read that this was your first attempt at writing. You truly paint with words and it all just flows. Thank you for everything.
Sue Evans chapter 25 . 5/16
Great read, I kept thinking at least 5-6 times that this was written by J.K herself. The story line is really well though out and the depth of the characters was incredible. The fit the little that we were told about them but they developed so much more that I thought possible.

This story made me laugh, cringe, celebrate, and cry like very few books have ever done. This story has become an essential part of my HP collection even if JK didn't write it.

I'm very happy that you have the talent and had the vision to write this story. Thank you for putting into paper what I have always wondered and was missing from the HP series.
Sarah chapter 25 . 5/14
Reading this story I had begun to assume that you were a published author having fun with the story. When I read, at the end, that this was your first time writing a story I was amazed. You truly have a gift! I loved how you worked out this side of the story and fleshed out every character. Keep writing!
Cl chapter 11 . 5/9
Harry never had much of a sense of humor? Puh-lease! It was his sense of humor even in the midst of his dull life at the Dursleys that made me love him in the first place! Remember in the 2nd chapter of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone : "Aunt Petunia often said that Dudley looked like a baby angel — Harry often said that Dudley looked like a pig in a wig."? But then, I'm not Hannah who, by the way, doesn't show much of a sense of humor herself...
Cl chapter 10 . 5/8
Why on earth did Neville and co. not Apparated to the Weasley's with Brad if he was going to be murdered by the Death Eaters? To chose to save the Creevey's life but condemn their Muggle best mate?
kmj1989 chapter 25 . 5/8
This was beautiful. Thank you.
gbakermatson chapter 25 . 5/3
An absolutely RIVETING read.
I cried. I literally wept with the pain that nrville felt at the betrayal of his friends. I just want you to know how much it means as a writer that you are able to evoke such a strong, heartfelt reaction.
1,785 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »