Reviews for Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness
The Dark One Rising chapter 7 . 11/6/2014
That is certainly an adequate explanation as to the lack of Slytherin memebers of Dumbledore's Army, by the time of the final battle. I had always imagined that Luna was captured due to a support Potter article. This puts an interesting spin on things.
The Dark One Rising chapter 6 . 11/6/2014
That was unexpected. I had a thought. Why are the Creeveys, Muggleborns, still attending Hogwarts? Weren't Muggleborns forbidden from attending? Also, how will that short period of unity affect the final battle?
The Dark One Rising chapter 5 . 11/6/2014
That was much more dramatic than I had anticipated. This portrayal had much more planning than I had anticipated.
The Dark One Rising chapter 4 . 11/4/2014
Lines are quite blurred. Renny must be experiencing so much internal conflict.
The Dark One Rising chapter 3 . 11/4/2014
Oh, god. I think the curse would've been worse, but still.
The Dark One Rising chapter 2 . 11/4/2014
How long will it take for the messages to appear? Also, I can't help but wonder how Hanah will react.
The Dark One Rising chapter 1 . 11/4/2014
This is certainly different. I think I'll like it. I always wanted to read what people thought happened. Also, Neville is oblivious. Absolutely oblivious.
Chain-SawSmile chapter 25 . 11/3/2014
Jesus freaking Christ, I never knew I needed this story this much! Absolute favorite!
Char chapter 25 . 10/30/2014
Took me a couple of weeks to read it and I'm way after the time it was written, but holy cow is this good! This will stay with me for a long time; it made me laugh, God did it make me cry and, most of all, it made me really think about and feel for the background people. Thank you so much for touching on the lives of the people so often forgotten or skimmed over in the books and thank you for telling me Neville's story (he's my favourite character). This is a truly amazing piece of work and I think JK herself would be honoured to know that you wrote this for them.
CapnHook chapter 25 . 10/21/2014
That last line made me CRY. Oh man that was brilliant. JUst WOW. Such a rollercoaster to read but such a GOOD GREAT excellent worth while story. Dang man you made me laugh and Cry and THINK and i just wow. I 'm not very eloquent with this review but what I'm trying to say is that this is an amazing story and i'm sounding so lame writing this but its one of those stories that stay, i mean what Neville and th others went through is never talked about in the books but its so real and so potent and ahhhh i'm still sounding very lame but... This novel made me think, and cry and realise and understand things i hadn't before. i Love the fact that it was from Neville's view and showed the DA and the sacrifices and the PEOPLE that were there and present and skimmed over so easily before. You wrote these people as real to me and what I'm trying to say is Thank you. Thank you for writing this, for entertaining me, for challenging me to think differently about that world and mine and thank you for seeing what was and is underneath the surface of everyone and DAng man it was good.
taking it easy chapter 3 . 10/18/2014
"Mr. Finch-Fletchley hyphenates his name, I had to fix that one myself." That is one of the most brilliant lines I have ever heard in the Harry Potter Fandom.
Morg00 chapter 25 . 10/11/2014
Uh, mate, this is still a (originally) kid's story about teenagers at a magic school and definitely not what someone would call realistic. If they were real people - rather than just characters, the majority of them would not be acting like how they do or react the way you've had them. Also, just because someone is a soldier does not make them an expert with the "psychology of war", (lol, especially when you consider an 18 year old kid barely out of basic a "soldier" and think they have any experience or relevant input on PTSD, reactions to torture, psychology, etc) and when the wizarding world's society, culture, people and warfare is obviously quite different - it kinda makes good portion of their (the soldiers) input and experiences irrelevant and/or unfitting in the case of this story and it's setting anyway.
Yrel chapter 22 . 10/11/2014
What a blatant asspull. So, since the beginning of time and magic, no single incident was recorded where one has wished they were dead rather than their lover?
freddie97 chapter 25 . 10/10/2014
Wow, wonderfully written! Thank you
windwatergoddess chapter 4 . 10/7/2014
This is /insane./ I love it so much, but mostly, I was sold at the end of chapter 4. That last quote is golden.
1,545 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »