Reviews for Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness
ArgentofCintra chapter 6 . 12/7/2016
For once I find myself in absolute agreement with mister Goyle.
harshi chapter 25 . 12/7/2016
You are right. It made me laugh but it made me cry more. And for real, what you said in the end about real heroes is what made me read this fiction in the first place. My country had been in a war for 30 years. I have never much spared a thought for the men and women who fought and won that war. I was much too little when it was happening. Since reports of war and loss and cruelty that surrounded war has made me voice my skepticism on many things. But I have been researching a lot. This book I bought the other day describes the war since day one in a soldier's eye who fought since day one. And the stories of sacrifices, unsung heroes madevme cry every two pages and I was unable read more than few pages a time. That's why I picked up this. Another story about unsung heroes and impossible choices and unbelievable sacrifices.

Thank you.
LovePolgara chapter 25 . 12/4/2016
I wish fanfiction had something like the Academy Awards, because this story would certainly win. It is beautiful, it is sorrowful, and it is epic. This story is a masterpiece! And I will be rereading and enjoying it for as long as I can find it on the internet. Feel very proud of yourself Than fiction, this story is one for the ages.
DiagonAli chapter 25 . 12/3/2016
This was such a spectacular read. Stumbled upon it as a "top 10 Potter fan fiction" to read, and I've been hooked. real life is ignored as I scrolled through this story. your writing was elegant, but not fussy, clear and engaging, my imagination was captivated. Thank you for sharing Neville with us. Such a realistic time line of that final year at hogwarts. Fantastic story. Can't wait to scroll through your profile and read more of your work. Amazing
izasherrie chapter 25 . 11/30/2016
This might seem a bit of a strange request, but I would like your permisson to copy the story into word, format it and have it printed and bound next to my Harry Potter books.
There is fanfiction that just picks up somewhere, but what you have done is given us the perspective that was missing, you've shown us Hogwarts under war. Not once have you contradicted canon, and what you wove into the story was compelling and relevant. This story wasn't just fanfiction, it was a story, a tale, in it's own right. And the story of bravery and loyalty remains just as relevant as it did in the first 7 books. For those reasons I ask, because I want to be able to run my finger over these pages and perhaps one day some of the expectional courage you captured might be able to grow over a bit to me.
izasherrie chapter 1 . 11/30/2016
I accept every single thing in this story as canon.
dragonsbride chapter 25 . 11/30/2016
I've read a lot of Dramione-stuff the last weeks and wanted to read something else for a change. I had your story on my reading list for a long time and I thought it would be just a nice change. A bit of light reading. Just another fanfiction to satisfy my thirst for J.K.R.'s world. What I didn't expected was how it would captivate me. I've laughed and giggled and groaned and cried. I literally sat in front of my computer and cried when Michael got tortured and Ernie died - and that is something I usually don't do. This story is far more than just another fanfiction. It got under my skin and made think about it, about the characters and what they underwent during my day. Thank you so much for writing this story!
dragonsbride chapter 22 . 11/29/2016
Oh no. Not Ernie. Wasn't there enough death? Why did he have to die and why didn't Susan hide?!
dragonsbride chapter 21 . 11/29/2016
This was so much crueler than the battle in the books. You somehow managed to fill all these characters, that once were not more than names, with life and this made it harder to read about Dennis, Colins or Michaels deaths. But I wish you would've sticked more to the canon, for example with Lavender who didn't die according to J.K.R.. Would have made the battle more bearable...
dragonsbride chapter 18 . 11/29/2016
Oh God, this is so sick. I just wanna start crying. Poor Michael and Terry - what a terrible he had to do. I need to quit reading for today - I' really shattered...
dragonsbride chapter 7 . 11/29/2016
OMG, McGonagall is the best! :D
TheWordsIWrite chapter 25 . 11/28/2016
I truly adored this story. Upon first stumbling across it I simply thought it was a ingenious idea to latch onto part of the untold story of the 7th book. As I read however I truly came to care about all of these characters. These last few chapters have left me a sobbing mess as I mourned the deaths of characters I had a neutral opinion on a mere two days ago. Ernie, Micheal, Dean, Pavarti, Colin and so many others have wound their way into my heart in a way only fictional characters can. I have read the Harry Potter books many times, but thanks to you reading them now will hold different meaning because through you I came to know these characters. You did a beautiful job with this. J.K Rowling would be extraordinarily proud I believe if she stumbled upon this.
dragonsbride chapter 6 . 11/28/2016
Amazing...
dragonsbride chapter 4 . 11/28/2016
Great chapter and thank you for letting the Slytherins participte in the DA. Maybe they are Slytherins but I never believed that none of them stood up against the Death Eaters.
dragonsbride chapter 3 . 11/28/2016
I'm so proud of Neville and Ernie! I laughed so hard because of the first part of the chapter but the last made freeze. Snape was on their side for gods sake!
1,886 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »