Reviews for Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness
Prillyness chapter 3 . 3/27
I love how you captured McGonagall
Charlie chapter 25 . 3/24
Man...so many died! Makes sense though. Still sad
Julie chapter 25 . 3/24
Very well done, great job. Though I'm still broken up about Micheal and Terry's deaths. Those two were brilliant. Though sometimes I thought you downplayed Harry's effort and suffering. But all in all it was great!
gilbee chapter 25 . 3/25
Hi. This is a good read. Very engaging. I just got confused on how Neville learned the silencing charm. As far as I remember it was only Harry, Ron and Hermione who knows the said charm because it came from the Prince's book. But over all it was good. Good job !
Prillyness chapter 1 . 3/24
I love this. Except I think that Mrs. Weasley would have taken care of Ginny as she matured.
Campimagines chapter 1 . 3/24
This is an excellent fanfiction. The best one I have ever read. I love the way that the story fits into cannon and the way the characters are brought to life. My only regret is that you killed so many of them off!
Awesome
This is one of the best, if not the best fanfic I've read. Loved the way it fit beautifully with canon and to be honest I'm having trouble remembering it isn't. Amazingly written the characters felt real and human. Definitely going to re read in the future.
mojowitchcraft chapter 25 . 3/10
What an excellent story. Really loved this one, I've always loved Neville and it was great to follow along and imagine what his year at Hogwarts was like. Thanks for this!
mojowitchcraft chapter 7 . 3/9
I found this story on a best hp fanfiction recommendation list and man were they right! This story has everything! Incredibly detailed and sticking with the general feeling of canon while expanding on the year we missed at Hogwarts with a unique flair. I love the way Luna is written, the spoon wand made me giggle outloud! Only Luna would use a spoon! Absolutely loving it and I'm only 7 chapters in so far!
mojowitchcraft chapter 1 . 3/8
Poor Neville could never imagine that a girl would like him. Hahaha too funny. Loving the story so far!
Rebecca chapter 1 . 2/29
I just finished reading this story and I'm blown away by it. The amount of time and effort you put into it is amazing, and I'm really impressed by the research you did. You've earned quite a bit of respect from me for making sure that you put in the last author's note that you got a lot of the details from real soldiers. Thank you for writing this, I didn't know I wanted to hear this side of Deathly Hallows until I read your story. You made me laugh and cry (a lot), so thank you for writing such an incredible story.
WinterhartZahneelCalina chapter 25 . 2/27
I would like to start off this review by saying how much I loved this story. I started reading it and finished the whole thing less than 15 hours later because I couldn't put it down. The characters were beautifully developed and I was truly drawn into their world, struggles, and triumphs.
I'll be looking to read anything else you ever write with great anticipation.

As a previously young military member myself, the simple fact that you not only dedicated this story to my brothers and sisters, but also wrote a story so true to us all touches my somewhat cynical and jaded heart more than I think you will realize. Thank you for the beautiful memorial you have created for our fallen and beloved missing.

-Winter
QueensOfWeirdness chapter 25 . 2/25
I can't remember how I came across "Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness" even though I only found it a few weeks ago. (I went on a finding-Harry-Potter-fanfiction binge.) I actually started reading this last week and have stayed up late tonight because I couldn't stop reading in the middle of the Battle of Hogwarts. I must say in those few chapters you succeed in ripping my heart out, stomping on it, and shoving it back in my chest upside down and backwards. But at least they were fictional characters. What you said in your author note about young real life soldiers ... I cannot imagine ... They all have my upmost respect and even then I feel they need and deserve more ... Thank you for finding those willing to share their stories and writing about them, even if it was in a magical, fictional way.
But among all the heart break and tragedy of this story you also succeed in making me laugh at times. And throughout the whole twenty-five chapters you kept me reading, smiling, laughing, wanting to cry, or be glad I was reading about the horrors and not watching them. (They would be too much to actually see... Again, my upmost respect for real life soldiers just doesn't seem like enough ... Not after all that they have lived through for all of us ...) I suppose I have rambled on and repeated myself long enough, after all I just came to say how much I loved this, even with all the incredibly dark moments. I will have to check out more of your work soon. Thank you for sharing this with us.
-Kisa
mollmorr chapter 25 . 2/20
Very good. Made me cry A LOT. Didn't like your portrayal of harry though. Also TOO MANY PEOPLE DIED AND YOU HAVE RUINED MY LIFE
- sincerely a hp fan