Reviews for Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness
ryanolsonx chapter 25 . 11/6/2013
Seriously, one of the best harry potter fanfictions I've ever read. Bravo! Sticks to the cannon very well and gives you a whole new perspective on the Deathly Hallows book and what it must have been like for the students that attended Hogwarts while Harry was looking for Horcruxes and such.

I read this in a matter of a week. It was VERY good. Neville is the man.
wschiffler chapter 25 . 11/2/2013
This story was amazing. I loved how you brought the background characters to life. I wish I could give you a beautifully written, constructive review, but all I can think is wow I loved this.
Rebecca chapter 25 . 10/29/2013
I really enjoyed this story. It was well written and made me laugh as well as cry. Your use of imagery was astounding and you kept everyone true to their character. I really liked how you kept the story as cannon as you could. Thanks for the wild and emotional ride!
PortiaBennet chapter 25 . 10/27/2013
Beautiful. Simply marvellous. Words cannot describe how much this novel made me feel. Every act of every character seemed fleshed out. You have given me a new appreciation of those who have suffered loss, those who are I'll-burdened with tasks older than they, and all whose lives have been touched by war
PseudonymousPersona chapter 25 . 10/21/2013
This story is absolutely incredible. It is truly an amazing work of fiction.
The story line was so real (for a fictional story revolving around fictional characters from a fictional book), and I enjoyed every minute of every chapter.
I loved the character depth, the heart breaking honesty and the fact that unlike many stories set during the seventh year, you didn't go into the torture that they suffered through- because I cannot stand the fact that people who would never have gone through that pain try to write realistically about it- instead you insinuated and used clever tricks of the wonderful English language. That in particular was what impressed me.
I basically found the story hugely amazing and impressive. It would have taken so much dedication to carry through with the novel. This praise probably doesn't mean much from somebody as young as myself, but I did thoroughly enjoy the story and thought you should know that.

The battle chapter was a bit graphic for my liking, but that would be what war is like, and so I understood the need for the gruesome description.
So after all that, I just wanted to say that you and this story are FANTASTIC, STUNNING, FABULOUS, AMAZING, AWESOME, WONDERFUL and INSANELY INCREDIABLE!

I certainly did laugh (a lot), cry (a lot), and think (a lot). I also winced, squirmed, smiled and shake my head in wonder a fair amount.

PsuedonymousPersona fool in love with your story
Sophie chapter 25 . 10/14/2013
I loved the whole thing and wish that this had been included in the Harry Potter story!
do-the-monkey chapter 1 . 10/12/2013
This is seriously one of the best HP fics I've ever read. I've shared it with a bunch of friends and they loved it too.
Majerus chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
Excellent! Wide ranging and full of fun. The character development happening along the way was perfect.
M
LadyLuck chapter 25 . 10/3/2013
This is truly an incredible story. It brings out many of the terrible truths of war that most people are unwilling to face. Although it is set in a fictional world, it carries a universal message of hope, love, and bravery. Very well done!
Hope Stone chapter 2 . 10/5/2013
So many good things here...

Neville and Colin and the speeches around the Fidelis Charm.

Using the Hufflepuff "never give up" muscle to train the others to be fit - and it seeming realistic.

And then I'm in tears again over Ginny's comment about mistaking one of the Carrow's faces for the other end...

And I really liked Ginny and Neville's conversation over what he should be for his parents...

And so much more. What can I say? This appears to be a rocking story - well done!
Hope Stone chapter 1 . 10/5/2013
Normally, I at least finish a chapter, if I say anything at all, but having me cackling and in tears of laughter by the end of paragraph five means that I strongly suspect I'm not going to get the early night I was planning tonight, thanks to you.

Whatever may happen with the rest of your story, the beginning is cracking - well done!
lovemya2000 chapter 25 . 10/1/2013
So Good! I Hope Those Members Didn't Actually Die For Real. Those Deaths Were Just Horrible :( Good Story!
Felisa Melody chapter 8 . 9/28/2013
I cried during the scene with Mr Lovegood.

This is, without a doubt, one of the pieces of fanfiction I have read in a long time.

The best part is, I'm only on Chapter Seven.
InkWeaverabc chapter 25 . 9/27/2013
Christine chapter 4 . 9/25/2013
I love this story so far! A fanfiction centered around one of my favorite characters-Neville!
1,450 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »