Reviews for Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness
Technomad chapter 5 . 5/13
I wonder if I'm the only DAYD fan who starts humming the theme from _Mission Impossible_ when they start getting ready for the break-in...
Wow chapter 25 . 5/4
Seriously ? This is pretty amazing!
RhaegarTelcontar chapter 1 . 5/4
So... Not sure if anyone's still leaving or reading reviews on this gem... But seriously, I think I've found the needle in the haystack. There are surprisingly little ffics that I feel to be worthy of being incorporated into the canon storyline, bit this one nails that. Yes, one guys opinion doesn't mean all that much but if I would recommend one good story in the HP fandom, This. Is. It.
It's something of a testament to the author's writing skills that I've had to read the whole of it in a single sitting (yes ma, I'm coming for dinner... God, she's been yelling that since two hours..) But stories that hook you in like this... Unbelievable... Your characterization, the setting, the near-perfect compliance with canon... I mean, DAMN! Hats off, mate
dianaatuna chapter 25 . 5/3
This is overall one of the most well-written HP fics I've ever read and it fits in with canon so well... This broke my heart so many times- almost twice as often as the number of times I laughed and positively shook with rage at the unfairness of it all. us reasons. The battle chapters and the torture-in-replacement-of-detentions were the hardest to read, for obvious reasons, but it seems like you captured the characters' personalities really well and came up with accurate descriptions as to how these students struggled and how war changes people. Thank you for very accurately describing the kind of loyalty and bond that would have sprung amongst the DA members in the middle of the war. Thank you so much for this.
John chapter 4 . 4/27
Am I the only one who uses "Have you read Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness" as an opening line on OK Cupid?
I've read this entire story at least six times now and recommended it to dozens of friends. I stopped reading fanfiction years ago, but this isn't just fanfiction; it is part of the Harry Potter canon. Thank you Andrew, for giving us such a brilliantly moving work. -Joel
SirMandokarla chapter 22 . 4/23
Your imagination is morbidly dark, and your writing does it justice. I do believe you killed off a significant quantity more characters than J.K. Rowling intended. I was under the impression from her books that most of the D.A. had survived.
LongChild chapter 25 . 4/22
I sat down today and started to read this for the first time, I didn't do any work and I didn't do any revision but, I am so so glad I did. This moved me in so many ways and I am delighted that you took the time to create a world with in the world I know and gave me a new tale to thoroughly enjoy and I am happy that you did.
Ani X
Mitchell chapter 25 . 4/20
This was excellent. there were a few discrepancies but over all i was thoroughly enthused. Congratulations and please continue your writing!
Lolcatzlola chapter 25 . 4/20
This story is truly epic and amazing and i wanted you to know that it has really made an impact on me, and i think about it often. Seriously i don't know how best to put it but i love DAYD so so much
LupinLocked chapter 25 . 4/10
I know this has been said already, but this is the best fanfiction I have ever read! I love how you brought life to the minor characters in the books. Just amazing.
Kwan Li chapter 25 . 4/10
ChatterChick chapter 25 . 4/5
I have been re-reading this over the past week and it's just as wonderful I remember. I loved how you included all the throw away stuff from canon, like Ginny being banned from Hogsmeade or Hagrid throwing the Support Harry Potter Party.

The minor characters felt real and I got such feels at times.

Great job!
cindylili chapter 25 . 3/28
I really, really loved this. The battles had such suspense, the danger level rose every chapter, and the tone of everything was perfect for war. There were jokes, but at the end, all the deaths were heartbreaking. The Battle of Hogwarts, especially, was intense. And I might've said this already, but I like how you added in other cultures and Houses and different types of magic, instead of fighting solely with Stunning and Killing Curses.
I could go on and on, but just let me say that everything in this story was perfect. I don't know if you'll see this years after finishing this story, but I hope you keep writing!
cindylili chapter 6 . 3/24
I can believe that this is canon, it fits so well with what we see Neville to be. There were parts that made me smile, and I absolutely love how you didn't make all the Slytherins "evil". Everyone's human. Even Luna, who is usually so hard to write, was done well. And the action scenes are awesome. I need to finish this, but right now, I have to say that this is really amazing. :)
1,660 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »