Reviews for Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness
Rebecca chapter 1 . 2/29
I just finished reading this story and I'm blown away by it. The amount of time and effort you put into it is amazing, and I'm really impressed by the research you did. You've earned quite a bit of respect from me for making sure that you put in the last author's note that you got a lot of the details from real soldiers. Thank you for writing this, I didn't know I wanted to hear this side of Deathly Hallows until I read your story. You made me laugh and cry (a lot), so thank you for writing such an incredible story.
WinterhartZahneelCalina chapter 25 . 2/27
I would like to start off this review by saying how much I loved this story. I started reading it and finished the whole thing less than 15 hours later because I couldn't put it down. The characters were beautifully developed and I was truly drawn into their world, struggles, and triumphs.
I'll be looking to read anything else you ever write with great anticipation.

As a previously young military member myself, the simple fact that you not only dedicated this story to my brothers and sisters, but also wrote a story so true to us all touches my somewhat cynical and jaded heart more than I think you will realize. Thank you for the beautiful memorial you have created for our fallen and beloved missing.

-Winter
QueensOfWeirdness chapter 25 . 2/25
I can't remember how I came across "Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness" even though I only found it a few weeks ago. (I went on a finding-Harry-Potter-fanfiction binge.) I actually started reading this last week and have stayed up late tonight because I couldn't stop reading in the middle of the Battle of Hogwarts. I must say in those few chapters you succeed in ripping my heart out, stomping on it, and shoving it back in my chest upside down and backwards. But at least they were fictional characters. What you said in your author note about young real life soldiers ... I cannot imagine ... They all have my upmost respect and even then I feel they need and deserve more ... Thank you for finding those willing to share their stories and writing about them, even if it was in a magical, fictional way.
But among all the heart break and tragedy of this story you also succeed in making me laugh at times. And throughout the whole twenty-five chapters you kept me reading, smiling, laughing, wanting to cry, or be glad I was reading about the horrors and not watching them. (They would be too much to actually see... Again, my upmost respect for real life soldiers just doesn't seem like enough ... Not after all that they have lived through for all of us ...) I suppose I have rambled on and repeated myself long enough, after all I just came to say how much I loved this, even with all the incredibly dark moments. I will have to check out more of your work soon. Thank you for sharing this with us.
-Kisa
mollmorr chapter 25 . 2/20
Very good. Made me cry A LOT. Didn't like your portrayal of harry though. Also TOO MANY PEOPLE DIED AND YOU HAVE RUINED MY LIFE
- sincerely a hp fan
minusgix chapter 25 . 2/20
That was amaizng.
stcobb chapter 25 . 2/19
Oh man... What a great story! Well done!
Csar chapter 25 . 2/17
Excellent story. The characters were really well written and the story arc blended seamlessly with the original books.
mollmorr chapter 5 . 2/13
DUH DUH DUH...!...LZKCJBODFNGO
mollmorr chapter 5 . 2/13
it is from pain that we draw strength
mollmorr chapter 4 . 2/13
Wow...Even though this is simple fanfiction, your themes and ideas and the way they come together are inspired. Brilliant writing and story!
Better writer than twilight not that that's saying much but you are amazing
mollmorr chapter 1 . 2/13
...one review wasn't enough
mollmorr chapter 1 . 2/13
...i am lost for any type of words that can come from my voice box. just keep writing and never stop ok
wyoh chapter 25 . 2/12
Bravo! Best fan-fiction I've had the pleasure to read that told the untold story. You breathed life into characters only mentioned and filled in a few of the blanks that the HP series could not answer, mainly do the constructs of the POV. I only wish I could see more fan-fiction writers take on the other numerous unanswered stories and questions of the verse. This was an honor to read.
TheLycanLovegoodChronicles chapter 9 . 2/11
Great chapter, but the locations are a bit off... because kings cross isn't in Camden and its a really long distance from Liverpool street.
1,790 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »