Reviews for Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness
Shu of the Wind chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
COOL COOL COOL.

I was dying when I read Seamus's comment: Can I ask when you and Amycus will be expecting, then?
Bored and Sleepy with Waffles chapter 25 . 2/27/2010
...I will not lie, i have passed this story several times on the archive and have never taken the time to read it. But now that i have, after reading some reccomendation, i am in awe. I understand that in many cases, an author may recieve a review saying things like "It was awesome" or "The best i have ever read" but i desperatly want you to know that your fanfiction was quite possibly the most beautifully written piece of literature that has graced the harry potter fandom. I only wish i had the words to describe the emotions that stuck me at moments like Earnie's sacrefice or Nevilles last line. I have never before seen such deep and rich emotions conveyed through writting, be it that you have had experiences that you can like to this or that you just write that way, i am in awe. I would like to thank you for writing this and i wish you luck with your endeavors.

-Bored and Sleepy with Waffles
thedevilandgodisnomore chapter 25 . 2/17/2010
Not only was this the most well written story I have ready on this site but...

I bawled my eyes out. I laughed. I felt every emotion that I felt when I read the actual book.

I feel like I got to know they characters no one talked about, even if it wasn't Rowling who wrote this.

Sam.
valmontmerteuil chapter 25 . 2/15/2010
I have fifty-six quotes from this twenty-five chapter story saved on my computer.

The first time I read Deathly Hollows, I found Neville and the DA's story much more intriguing, even though we saw very little of it.

I have since reread Deathly Hollows and my views because, of course, greatly changed.

However, the fact remains that it was a story that needed to be told, and you did it brilliantly.

I cared for these characters nearly as much as the original golden trio, and seeing some of the pivotal scenes (and discovering many new ones) from a different point of view brought amazing perspective.

I'm heading now to your page to read everything else you've written in this world, and I can't wait.

Thanks for writing the necessary story of Hogwarts during the last book, and thanks for letting us all read it.
TheWeaselette chapter 25 . 2/14/2010
Wow. This was just... Wow. I just finished this in just a fwe hours. It's been an amazing story and I'm going to jump on reading the sequel.
TheWeaselette chapter 4 . 2/13/2010
If I didn't hate what Runcorn believed in, I'd feel sorry for him.
TheWeaselette chapter 2 . 2/13/2010
Hm, Parvati and Neville? Never thought about it. xD
Cinnabar Kalika Marin chapter 25 . 2/11/2010
This was very well written. I really liked your author's note at the end.
Eien no shoumei chapter 22 . 2/11/2010
Congratulations on having scarred me for life!

With what? No, not Michael's death, nor Romilda's...Parvati's.

Solucorpus is the worst thing I've seen anybody come up with-you are a sick, sick person!

Actually, you're a good writer, too, I have to admit that :)
Hunchbook chapter 25 . 2/10/2010
O

MY

GOD!

I stayed up all night reading this, AND snuk in time between/during class. You have written a true epic which I will have to read again sometime when I can go more slowly and pick up on more of the the details. I agree that the story of the DA *needed* to be told and I don't think anyone else could even have come close to what you have created. Expect a more thorough review in a few months, but for now just know that you have created a true work of art. And I don't cry when staring at a computer. It drys out my eyes.
JacksonFrost chapter 25 . 2/10/2010
I...don't even know what to say. This was absolutely incredible. I started this last night, stayed up late engrossed to the computer screen (and probably failed my Stats test because of this lack of sleep and studying but that's okay! xD), and read for hours today. It was just amazing.

I was in the minority, and I did like the seventh book, but I was always a little disappointed that JKR didn't expand on the time at Hogwarts while the Trio was "camping." So I was thrilled to discover this story and I LOVE the world you created. Throughout the entire time I was reading this, I could see the vast majority of the plot being canon (there were a few story lines I couldn't really see happening (mainly Malfoy's return to school), but really, it didn't matter in the grand scheme of your novel). And I am in utter awe of how you wrote the battle scene. It was incredible and had so much vivid detail that I think JKR missed.

I started crying when Ernie sacrificed himself for Susan, and I kept crying on and off throughout the rest of the battle. It was so incredibly sad and heartbreaking, but at the same time, I thought it was really realistic, especially Neville's detached view towards the deaths. In the heat of the battle, he wouldn't have been able to stop and dwell on them, and I think you made that clear even as you made the readers (well, me at least) stare at the screen in horror and try desperately not to cry.

I can't think of a single character you delved into that I didn't fall in love with and pray that they would survive. Renny's death made me SO sad- I LOVED how you had a Slytherin who wasn't the cliche, typical "I renounce my prejudices because I know it's wrong" type Slytherin that you see in fanfiction, but instead, a Slytherin who admitted his prejudices and was a great and sympathetic character regardless. And the entire Colin/Dennis storyline was heart-breaking. I've always thought their story was tragic (and that was with Dennis surviving), but you made it a hundred times more so.

I love how you portrayed Harry- we got the 7th book from his perspective where he was this hero who's been through so much, and then with your story, he's this still-innocent kid, and I just loved the contrast between Harry and Neville and it's the opposite of what you'd originally expect.

The epilogue was amazing (so much more satisfying than Jo's!), and everything about it was just perfect. The fact that one of Neville's sons was named (or nicknamed) Terry Michael made me tear up (btw, I love how you portrayed their relationship!). And the last lines about Ernie and Susan's daughter were heart-breaking, but such a good ending, because it was a heart-breaking story, it didn't need a fluffy, happy ending (but I liked that we got a little fluff and happiness with the Hannah/Neville scene).

Anyway, this was just so amazing, and I'm in awe at your talent. And the fact that this was your first story astounds me. Please never stop writing.

This is the longest review I've ever given (it's as long as stories I've written!), but you deserve it. Thank you for writing such an unforgettably amazing story.
LunaticLOVEgood chapter 25 . 2/8/2010
By all Gryffindor's greediest grindylows, I hold you personally responsible if I fail my physics exam tomorrow morning! I came across this story a couple of days ago and I haven't been able to tear myself away. A little warning would have been nice. I note saying : WARNING EXTREMELY GOOD AND ADDICTING FICTION HERE! AND IT'S AROUND 250.0 WORDS!

I thank you for taking your time to write this, you obviously put good time and effort into it and I really appreciate that! There are only very few things that is possible to point at as "mistakes" or not the best ideas but the story was to good for any of it to matter.

I would take off my hat to you if I had one!

Thank you!

Love,

LunaticLOVEgood (:
Jessa Martin chapter 25 . 2/6/2010
I enjoyed this story so much, I pretty much put everything else on hold and read for 2 days non-stop. You did a wonderful job with keeping everyone in character and adding personal details to Rowling's secondary characters. I loved how you wrote a story of all the in between moments from the other side DH and how you were able to really give it a depth that is often missing in fan fiction.
Sensei Enileme chapter 25 . 2/6/2010
I cried so much reading the last chapters. I really like when I read something that could really had happened in the story but wasn't written in the book. And your fanfic is really great.
Specksofdirt chapter 25 . 2/2/2010
Oh my gosh, wonderful story! It made me cry when Neville thought of all the people that died during the war, you worte another side of the HP story that we could only guessed because harry was not there to expereince it, brilliant. Simply brilliant.
1,864 | « Prev Page 1 .. 74 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 94 .. Last Next »