Reviews for Introspection
Inferna Blossom chapter 1 . 6/5
Well, that's terrifying. So in your theory, he actually knows he's in a comic book. The rational makes sense, and it scares me. It's easier to think of him as an incomprehensible monster. The idea that he could actually have reason that makes sense in our mind for being the way he is and doing the things he does? Now that's terrifying.
meline387 chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
Spoken like a true mad man genius. Hahhhaahahhaahhaahhh. Aahhahhhannnannahhhahhhaahaa hhahhahahahhahhah! :D
Jokerlady chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
Interesting new spin on the study of the Joker's psyche makes the crumbling of the fourth wall imminent. Well played. Definitely different and refreshing I love it when authors think out pd the box and challenge uncharted territories like this. Liked this story a lot and believe you captured most of the Joker's set of mind in the monologue. Good work!
Evilhumour Author chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
Very cool
piratechicka chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
Ah, interesting theory, and great point. I like it, as if he thinks he's the good guy, but knows he's not at the same time... Hmm interesting, leaves much 'food for thought'. Keep up the great work, I'd love to see more of these!
Chaos Apple chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
I've never really considered the ramifications or consequences of Joker's awareness of the comic universe being simply a comic universe. Very interesting interpretation.

I particularly loved how you included a Chuck Palahniuk quote. Brilliant touch. Anarchists think a like.
Rurri chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
does dat mean our live'z r a comic book 2! o_o''
almostinsane chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
Great story! This was rather interesting. Thanks for writing this. God bless!
David Fishwick chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
Cool idea and I like the way you've captured the Joker. Thanks for writing.
KVH chapter 1 . 9/28/2008

In a way, we are sort of the "gods" of the comic book, movie, literature, etcetera universes. The more blood and guts and such they give, the more we buy and the longer we let them keep going.

Joker here knows it and gives us what we want to keep us placated.

It's weird.

Man, and I was thinking about doing something like this myself...
Mikhyel chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
I like it. Joker does seem to be the only one that knows he's in a comic, yeah. Like how he often touches the speech bubbles (which is kinda scary in a way, actually...)
YonakaChan chapter 1 . 7/31/2008
I read about that theory. They call it his 'Super-sanity.' Good work!
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
This is a great idea! It secures his place as a misunderstood hero, the role he seems to believe he occupies at least some of the time. It makes so much sense. He seems sane - and acts sane - and yet seems to paradoxically reject reality. This is the perfect reconciliation of facts that don't appear to fit together.
safayi chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
Ah Joker, ever the entertainer
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
I think that's part of it, yes . . . a side effect of his (insanity? Super-sanity? Whatever).