Reviews for Legacy of Kobol
Guest chapter 3 . 8/5/2014
Ouch. Its always funny when sci fi universes meet. Stargate, chock full with applied phlebtonium and so tongue in cheek you stop caring about scientific accuracy (though they have a decent track record) on one side, and the anachronism stew that is BSG on the other. BSG clearly has the shit handle here. Sucks to be a moody, boring, unfocused and plotless show...
Guest chapter 2 . 8/5/2014
Well, the writing holds up. Lets see what direction this story takes.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/5/2014
A good start. Pacing is ok and it does not feel unnatural, when i imagine these scenes playing out. Some Fics translated to head cinema come out really weird, abridged... really off.
This here feels fine. I hope the quality holds up.
Pokemonever1994 chapter 4 . 7/30/2014
The Daedalus Class is 205 to 215 Meters long. It has 32 Railgun Turrets, several VLS Missile Tubes and four separate Plasma Beam Cannons after Refit.
A Mark IX is over 10 Gigatons worth of Nuclear Power for a Nuke, one of them beamed 20 Kilometers away from the Cylons? Toasted Toasters Ahoy! And for you're Description of the Plasma Beams: Yes they are Powerfull. Their Main Advantage against Shields is that they overload a specific Area, relatively small but incredible Amounts of Energy at one Point. Plasma melts further through most Hull Armors.
A Baseship is roughly between 1000 and 1100 Meter Long on the fartest Ends. It would be destroyed in a Matter of Seconds.
And the Galactica is with 1414 Meters nearly 12 Times her Size, has huge Cannons and much more Misile Tubes, but the Wraith Hives are at least the Size of an Aurora Warship of 3000 Meters and the Plasma Beam take them apart in only three Shots and these Things are meant to sustain Energyweapons, the Galactica and Basestars not.
I pity the Basestar honestly said.
Guest chapter 6 . 4/14/2013
I'm sad now...
Konrad9 chapter 2 . 3/7/2013
It is utterly impossible to figure out who is talking. You have dialogue and then a reaction from a character that isn't speaking...
Guest chapter 6 . 10/19/2012
when's chapter 6 gonna be posted? O.o
EvilTheLast chapter 6 . 7/14/2012
Well, it was a good read while it lasted.
BigWilly526 chapter 6 . 1/9/2012
this story is so much better than the re-write please continue it, the re-write if you want to call it that was totally different and was more of a different story entirely, I hope you will start this up again
Anquietas chapter 5 . 10/10/2010
Please continue this story. It's amazing. The first contact between Odyssey and Galactica. I hate cliffhangers.
Malix2 chapter 6 . 8/16/2010
Darn it, I hate when authors do a rewrite just when it's getting interesting. Sigh, I guess I'll try the rewrite... Hey, is this even a rewrite? The premise is different, doesn't that count as a different story all together? Whatever... Sigh...
The Breeze chapter 6 . 3/20/2010
Interesting story. I like "first contact with Earth" stories, so I'm anxious to see where it goes.
jason864 sg-1 chapter 3 . 11/14/2009
Railguns have a standerd mag of 10 rounds the daedelus railguns use double mags and have plenty stock on board theres no way they used half there ammunition trying to take down 100 raiders no matter how fast they are and not bhlow them to hell
Scourge75 chapter 3 . 10/22/2009
Excellent chapter. You must be the only one who doesn't make the 304 loose Asgard weapons the first time it gets hit.
Anonymous chapter 6 . 8/16/2009
Awesome story. One of the most skillfully blended stories I've read. Please don't give up on this story. It is really good.