Reviews for LanternWaste
Lady Aramis chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
Wow, this was amazing! Your portrayal of Tumnus and Trumpkin is perfect. Thank you for a beautiful story.
Narniafan96 chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
Oh my. That was perfect. So sad. But perfect. And "They Will Meet Again." that was so heartfelt and angsty and sad and grieving. Wow. I cried. That was so good.

Sarah
Firekeeper47 chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
I don’t normally leave reviews (I’m more of a save and runner), but you totally deserve this one.

Why don’t you have more reviews for this fic? It’s…brilliant. More than brilliant. I don’t know the words to describe how much I loved this (and your writing in general).

I don’t really read Narnia fics, with very few exceptions, my reason being that nobody can improve upon the books, and I really don’t want to spoil one of my favorite childhood (and now, adult) series with badfic.

You proved me wrong. Your writing is—I don’t even know. Better than brilliant. Better than amazing. Like I said, I don’t know if I know the right words, or if I do, they’re just escaping me at the moment.

I don't know what else to say. I know I'm supposed to leave concrit, tell you what I didn't like about the story, etc., etc., but is it really bad if I say I loved it all and have nothing to criticize?

I hope I don’t sound stupid, leaving a review on a story two years old, but, forgive me, I just found it. I have never seen a Narnia fic as amazing as this one.

I cannot wait until you write more, whether Narnia or else wise (I just read your Percy Jackson fic, Palace of Memory, and I about died on that one too.). And I wish you the best of luck on your novel. If it’s half as brilliant (I really need to stop using that word!) as your fics, know at least you’ll have one reader and buyer.
MrsPeelWe'reNeeded chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
A great story. Very good.
Sleepless Eremite chapter 1 . 3/26/2009
I really loved this piece! I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed that Lucy always found a special friend to bring out of their hopelessness and/or faithlessness. I love the comparison, and how you don't just focus on Lucy (though she is, of course, the emphasis). Lovely job.
IrishSongBird chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
This story brought tears to my eyes! I remember reading it before and not leaving a review (ugh, sorry...I'm making it a point to review everything I read now that I have stories of my own up). But anyway, this was really amazing - bittersweet and hopeful, just the way I love stories to end. I love the connection between Tumnus and Trumpkin. It was great!
Empress Shiloh chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
Okay, I'm trying not to cry right now. This was wonderful. The parallel between Trumpkin and Tumnus is brilliant, and I'm glad you interpreted it so well. One sees so many stories about how hard it was for the children to leave, one rarely remembers those they left. Excellent work.

~Shiloh
caughtinblackseyes chapter 1 . 7/29/2008
Holy Mother, that was absolutely captivating. I have goosebumps all over my body and the hair on my arms are standing straight up. What a wonderful story. Please write more or please write another story only longer this time.

Truly, I was moved!
acacia59601 chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
Wonderful little story! I'm very impressed!
hugs and puppies all around chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
Aw. I was crying when it got to the part where Trumpkin saw Mr. Tumnus's grave. It's really sad that the Pevensie's left without them having the chance to say goodbye to their friends and the fact that Lucy never got to see Mr. Tumnus again! Anyway, I love how you wrote this fic. Loved it!
Lavendar chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
Oh I love this! What a great idea. Really sad, but so nice as well. Really nice, thanks for this :)
Sati Lotus chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
I smiled the whole way through while I read this because it is so beautiful.
Bundibird chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
Far out - thats the most i've cried whilst reading a fanfiction in a long while! That was totally awesome - i loved every bit of it.

aw! it was so sad! my throat's still all clogged up and tight. it was really bitter sweet, and i loved that tumnus was burried next to the lantern where he'd first met lucy.

oh no! i'm crying again.

i LOVED it; great work. :) seriously - i cant even say how much i loved it.

Love bundi
Miniver chapter 1 . 6/11/2008
What a brilliant idea, to connect two of Lucy's dearest Narnian friends. Your description of the emotion felt by the Narnians after the disappearance of the Four, in the second and third paragraphs, is splendid. It makes the Pevensies' stay in Narnia a blessing, not a blight-as it should be. It was great that you had Tumnus encounter Aslan, too. I could never believe that Aslan would just let the kids disappear without any word to either them or the Narnians they left behind. Later on, I love that you have Trumpkin express jealousy of the Narnians who got to see Lucy on Dawn Treader. The way you end the story, with Trumpkin's discovery and then the last two lines so full of hope, is awesome. Very lovely all through.
Guinnevere chapter 1 . 6/11/2008
I like it very much. It's true to the emotions in the books, although some of the time references in your story tripped me up a bit.

But they love their friend, and will miss her until at last they meet again. That is what's important, and you relay that very well. Good job.