Reviews for First and Foremost
Anonymous Eskimo chapter 7 . 1/3
This story made so well! Your flawless descriptive language, grammar and character development really show! Happy New Year Cappucinno!
KaChan84 chapter 7 . 6/29/2013
I really enjoyed reading this so far...you developed a really interesting plot and characters! I would love to read more but considering your last update was one year ago...but hope dies last :)
Anyway, thanks for sharing!
Xana100 chapter 7 . 2/24/2013
Dang, this stuff's dark. Not the hugest fan of dark stories, but I like a little here and there. I can't wait to see how this goes.

Also, are you going to introduce a Ganon any time soon?
RikuIsKing chapter 2 . 2/16/2013
Ohh now I understand about Malon :D
And Sheik once again I am loving how you protray him! Man I am just loving him so much...already!
So I believe I now know or have a fairly good guess as to what is happening.
This is having something to do with Link either being, A.) Some reincarnation, as in the games canon.
B.) Just something that has him as extremely important! Zelda is worried because of dreams...I'm guessing his death is what would happen in a fight with Ganon or something (Just all guesses xD)

When Sheik was re-telling of all his troubles to get to Zelda I honestly couldn't help but laugh xD I mean it was like saying, "Stop being an ungrateful brat and just spill it already, I've been though hell and back now talk!" Well that is now it seemed to me anyway xD

Ricki
RikuIsKing chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
Oh wow I just love the relationship that you have between Link and Zelda. It's so deep and natural, always hinting at more but never meaning too, this is just the feeling I get when playing the games, awesome job! :)

I'm confused about Malon though, does she live with them? Or is like a friend or something? :/
With Link his emotions alone are so deep, it's truly breath-taking. Almost as if you've combined his normal game canon, with your own and it just works lovely together. :)

Ricki
Desteni chapter 7 . 1/9/2013
So, I found this story after reading the 'Days in February' and...I can't believe I got to the end of what you've published already! I'm really interested in what's going on here, and enjoying your characterizations of the Zelda cast. I hope you update soon because I'm dying to know what happens next!
Leina16 chapter 7 . 10/19/2012
Just found this story, and I love it. It's so intense, and each chapter leaves me desperately wanting to read more. I'm dying to know what happens! I hope you update soon! :)
A Shadow's Lament chapter 7 . 10/15/2012
And we are all still waiting...*sob* I freakin' love your writing. The emotions, the plot, the how do I put this? sheer BRILLIANCE of it is astounding. I'll admit, cliffhangers infuriate me, I want to see the reunion and hear what happens to Sheik and Malon. Personally, considering you havent touched this for four years, this chapter fit in very well with the previous. Though oh gawd, not Navi... Please for the sake of all humanity dont include her. Though i am liking "princess Zelda" and how she is taking a more dominant role - the scene with her was odd at first, but I see what you did now and it was very genius in the execution. Bravo!
A Shadow's Lament chapter 4 . 10/14/2012
"...Let's get down to business."

"What? To defeat the Huns?"

I died. Of laughing. Far too hard. Honestly, that line has just made this story earn a place on my favourites. Well, the brilliant plot, revelations and genius portrayal of character's may have had a hand in it too... But goodness, simple things like that make me chuckle, and you pull them off brilliantly.
HaiJu chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Hullo,

So I don't know this fandom at all, but I figured I could handle an AU, and your WA post looked intriguing, so here I am to check out one of your stories.

This is very nicely done. I love the drama, the mutual misunderstandings, the complex depiction of affection vs. attraction vs. love between Zelda and Link. Zelda's state of mind is very ambiguous, but in a good way that seems to reflect life. You aren't rushing the romance. In fact, at this point it feels like it would be impossible for them to have a relationship. But it's that suspense and the irony behind it that caught my interest and makes me want to read on.

It surprised me a little that Link has a series of lovers (though you do justify it in that last scene). He's the hero from the video game, so in my mind he's more of a squeaky-clean kinda guy. But they do play an important role in his current state of mind, and without the girlfriends acting as a counterpoint, it would be hard to justify Zelda's choice to move out.

You made a very distinct change in narrative when switching from Zelda to Shane's pov. That might not seem like a huge deal, but it's something writers tend to be lazy about in third person, so thank you for making that extra effort.

There seems to be a lot of thought and intentional direction in the way you're telling this story, and the motivations and emotions of the characters have a very beautiful complexity. It's possible that this could stray into melodrama, but judging from this chapter, I think you have the skills to keep it understated and sincere.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

-Hj
Ventisquear chapter 3 . 6/29/2012
You asked for a concrit on Writers Anonymous, so here you go. :)
I've read first three chapters, and it is interesting to make me want it all till the end. Nice idea with the flasbacks, showing different moments in their relationship(s). I really want to know what you will do with it.

But, there are few things that didn't work for me. First is, unfortunately, Zelda. While other characters are well written, real enough characters, she feels more like a plot device. 'I know something but I will never talk about it with you until the Thing of Doom happens' sort. It feels very artificial and bit irritating. I liked Malon and Link much better.

Second, sometimes you throw in unnecessary description, especially when you want to bring out emotions, but sometimes it's bit too much. Like 'the face pressed heartbreakingly into her shoulder'. And sometimes you add description that doesn't fit POV. Like after Links finds Zelda in the chapter 1, it's from her POV yet you write 'Zelda's violet eyes never wavered from their vigil upon the dusty wooden floors.' It's not just colour, the whole that sentence is redundant. It's melodramatic and takes away reader's attention from her feelings - which are much more interesting than the colour of her eyes.

In short: It has potential. It flows nicely, the plot is interesting and believable, but it needs some trimming. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
Pffft just saying I absolutely adore this fanfic.
ZeldaRubix chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
This wonderful... I never thought I would like a modern tale, but you tell it beautifully. Bravo to you from having a four year hiatus and coming back to write such a lovely story. I love your character portrayal and am glad you decided to do a TP Zelink story. Those two get no love in my opinion.

ZR
iamams7 chapter 7 . 6/28/2012
Yay! Your back and working on this story! *jumps for joy* so very happy your working on it. Very good one so far and I can't wait to see how Link and Zelda get back together. Keep up the good work _.
gssmswssbbdkpz chapter 6 . 6/25/2012
You know what? I. Love. Sheik. To death, man. Forever, yo. No one could write him in a way that would affect my love for him. Love your story(s). You're really -no, truly- amazing. I don't usually leave reviews, so I don't know what to put. I was just going thru your story list and figured I'd leave one somewhere. Anyways, keep it up with you current story(s). You're great!
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »