Reviews for Halfa life
supaherolena02 chapter 6 . 3/18/2012
are you continuing this? it's soooo gud DDDDD
jeanette9a chapter 6 . 6/19/2011
i imagon danny has one thing on his mind and that is: a lot of questions!and confusjon.
TooAwesome4Words chapter 6 . 6/7/2011
I enjoy Harry Potter/Danny Phantom crossovers! and I'm in this one! Cool! *faves*
Myra the Dovahkiin chapter 6 . 4/29/2010
Lord Rebecca-sama chapter 6 . 1/18/2009
like this stiry, update soon!
cutiecat92 chapter 3 . 6/30/2008
like the idea, but! you need to spell check your chapters and make your chapters longer, discribe the mood and place, let the readers know wat people are feeling and thinking.

if you look at my work you can tell wat i've done to improve my storys by doing this, the way i write has competly changed since i first stared writing all because of one review, hopfully my review will be that review for you.

from a fellow writer and fan (blows kisses)
PhantomGirl12 chapter 5 . 6/13/2008
Usually I don't review more than once, but I thought you desurved it! I loved that you added Cujo! Please put him in as much as possible! Keep up the good work.
Princess of Rose chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
Good, I mean really good. Other than a few grammar problems and that I had to read it slowly through to act out for the characters. I can see how you put the full HP into this, let's see:

Vlad is Danny's godfather. Siriuys is Harry's godfather.

Harry's Parent's were 'killed in a car crash:' Danny's really were.

I really liked the similarities- god pray that danny isn't in Slytherin.
Miriam1 chapter 4 . 6/13/2008
I understand that Mr. Ollivander is a bit creepy, and he seems to know all kinds of things that most people might not. However, the question about being a halfa like Mr. Masters seems out of place.

For reasons that I haven't figured out yet, it seems to be known in the Wizarding World that Vlad is a half-ghost. This is very odd, as Vlad is a very private individual. In character, NO ONE but other ghosts knows that Vlad Masters and Vlad Plasmius are one and the same.

Placing him in the Wizarding World means you have changed several significant details about Vlad. Making his secret KNOWN changes far more, and may stretch the limit of credibility.

However, if Mr. Ollivander and only a select few know, that might make it more believable.

Unless you figure out how or why Danny would be pegged for a halfa, I'm having trouble figuring out why this would be a question Mr. Ollivander would ask. It is a problem.

Unless, again, Mr. Ollivander - who knows about Vlad - would know about the type of boy Vlad would be interested in adopting...

The more deeply involved you are getting, the more complicated this has to be. Vlad has only been a half-ghost for 20 or so years. You are going to have to explain Vlad's connection to the wizarding world. If he was a wizard since birth, or something, logic dictates that he would not have been in the University of Wisconsin.

Also, he seems to be known by the British wizarding community. As a potentially international businessman, I could see Vlad having contacts all over the place. What I DON'T see is how Vlad would have been contacted by the British wizarding community, which seems to be a pretty closed community, distrustful of anything new.

It would be useful if - at some point in their travels - Danny gets flustered and asks about everything. Vlad would have to explain himself, and you would be able to answer all kinds of questions like these and more.

Right now, Danny seems to be enjoying himself, even as he remains unaware of WHY whatever is happening to him is indeed happening to him.

It is interesting that Vlad belongs to the Order. Order of the Phoenix? Or another Order? Vlad is evil, but then again, he has his own agenda. Does it fit in his agenda to do what is good and useful for the wizarding world? Or are Voldemort's ideals part of his cup of tea?

Or, have you decided that Vlad isn't evil, since he has taken Danny in and not worked to turn Danny into an evil minion? There are a LOT of questions that need to be dealt with.

These problems aside, I think you have pegged Mr. Ollivander's personality. Although, I don't think he would consider it "vain" for the DP logo to appear. Danny didn't do that knowingly, as he is new to the concept of magic, and I'm sure that Mr. Ollivander would know that.

Skulker would not object to an animal in a cage. He WOULD object to a ghost being held captive by humans.

I like your story, but these problems keep cropping up.

I thank you for the chapter.

Sincerely,

Miriam
technologywizard chapter 3 . 6/13/2008
CUJO!
PhantomGirl12 chapter 3 . 6/12/2008
I like it! I think Cujo should be his pet. He is a ghost boy and Cujo is a ghost dog. I also really like Cujo! Please let me know what you decited. Just out of curiousity how offen will you be updateing? Please update soon!
FantomoDrako chapter 3 . 6/12/2008
Hey there.

I always love reading new HP/DP crossovers. I'm writing one myself, and I know it isn't all that easy.

Though something in the second chapter has me very confused...

Danny says, "What? How can I be a wizard?" but why does he ask such a thing? Nowhere in that chapter were witches or wizards ever mentioned. I know you wrote 'hogwarts' (Which should have a capital letter, by the way)but how in the world did Danny deduce wizards from that?

Sorry, I'm not trying to be mean, but I really don't understand that part. Just trying to point out some things that you may have missed.

Also, you were right in the first place. Umbridge is in book 5, not 6.

Just a bit of advice for you...You should really check over your chapters before you post. I know that the quicker you get them out there, the happier your readers and you will be. But you should slow down enough to check over everything a couple of times, just to be safe.

If you don't have the time to do that, why not find a beta?

Anyway, stick with it. As your first fic, it's very hard and there's a lot of pressure. Don't give up!
Miriam1 chapter 3 . 6/12/2008
First of all, you were right the first time. Umbridge is in Order of the Phoenix, which is Book 5. (Book 6, the Half-Blood Prince, Professor Snape is the DADA teacher, and we are first introduced to Slughorn.)

I like the idea of Danny adopting Cujo. They already have an affinity for one another, and Danny has always wanted a puppy.

I like how Vlad introduces Danny as his son. He really DOES care for Danny. But when Danny denies that he is Vlad's son, I was impressed that Vlad did not tease Danny, but that he truthfully stated that he was Danny's godfather.

This is intriguing. Diagon Alley should take a bit of time, space, and length of chapter. Who will Danny meet? Who will be Vlad's acquaintances in the Wizarding World? Will the kids react to Danny as they would react to Vlad?

There are all kinds of interesting things to think about. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Sincerely,

Miriam
Danni Lea chapter 3 . 6/12/2008
You have a great direction with this story. Might I add a few suggestions though?

Try adding some more detail to make longer chapters. Try going around 1,0 words per chapter. That's why I do. It takes a while but it's worth it.

Also watch spelling and capitalization. You capitalize at beginning of sentences but but the nmase of people and places need to capitalized too, even in the middle of a sentence.

Beta readers always help as well, and if you'd like one I'd be more than happy to BETA for you.

I look forward to reading more.

Danni
Hordak's Pupil chapter 2 . 6/12/2008
I love HP/DP crossovers and can't wait to see how this one goes. I feel bad for Danny having to live with Vlad and learning he's a wizard to boot. Keep up the great work. :)