Reviews for Platonic is a Funny Word
ebfiddler chapter 25 . 10/7/2016
This is just a delightful recasting of Emma. Your take on the characters is just so engaging, and you've distilled the essence of all the principal events of the story into this new setting. Excellent work. Thank you!
Guest chapter 25 . 9/30/2016
OH MY GOD!
I absolutely adored this story. Seriously did not stop reading until I ate it all up like Italian Cream cake ;)
Your writing style flows so beautifully and seamlessly
And the gender reversal made me fall in love with Emma all over again
nobody suspicious chapter 25 . 6/21/2016
As I loved this. It was so sweet and what a brilliant ending. Absolutely loved the little mid up Patrick had but he made up for it! Well done. I shall be checking out your other stories for sure!
she.s.a.shy.one chapter 25 . 5/31/2014
This is so wonderful! thank you so much for writing it
Hyaci chapter 25 . 4/28/2014
An extremely well written fic that deserves substantial amounts of attention it has not yet accrued. Excellent rendition of the classic, only minor grammar errors that are entirely overlookable.
ann chapter 25 . 3/8/2014
I don't usually like gender-reversals, but this was amazing 3 so beautifully written 3
Animeluva chapter 25 . 2/9/2014
This is an awesome story! I read this last year too and I stumbled upon it today again. It's one of my most favourite stories! Your writing is really good!
OzarkMaid chapter 25 . 12/6/2012
Aww! I loved it. :) Great story! I loved the characters. :) Zoe and Patrick were awesome. Especially Patrick. Can I have one? ;)

Please keep writing!
Anna chapter 25 . 11/19/2012
Aww, that was such a cute story!
sM chapter 25 . 8/30/2012
I loved this. I might have to dig up my old ff password so I can add it to favourites.
sM chapter 22 . 8/30/2012
And the drama heats up! I really like how you characterized the counterparts for Harriet, Frank, and Jane... you made them all their own characters within the context of the story but stayed true to the characters of their canon counterparts. I'm also a little in love with Zoe, as I should be :)

It takes a lot to keep me reading a long(ish) fic, and yours has all the right components.
sM chapter 16 . 8/30/2012
One of the things I've really liked about this story to this point is that we can see how Pat legitimately thinks of Zoe as a platonic friend. Though I know it turns into a romance, you've done a great job in showing how they really ARE just friends at this point (just as Emma sees Knightley in canon), and we can see how they'll do well together married. So many fanfictions don't have that dynamic; they go straight into romance and I think, yikes, this won't work out!
bellachaos chapter 25 . 11/1/2011
Great fic! My two favorite lines (possibly of all time) were: "it's because we're in love, stupid" and "platonic is just a fancy word for denial."

I'm just now learning the latter is true, and hope the former is as well.

I like the unexpected twists of a modern tale with gender-swapped characters. It helped keep the story fresh and interesting without losing its heart. Aside from a few typos in the later chapters, this was a very well written fic. I really enjoyed every chapter.
MuggleCreator chapter 25 . 9/11/2011
Hah! Brilliant. Had to watch Emma for class last year - our modern-day was Clueless. Wish it could've been this!
toomuchchampagne chapter 25 . 4/21/2011
Awesome ! I was weirded out at first by the genderswap but it work and I really liked it :)