Reviews for I Say Goodbye
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
A great story. Very well written.
Ares Burn chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
Everyone who thinks that Patroclus and Achilles shared a sexually relationship are idiots that know nothing about the Trojan War. I'm so glad you're not one of those idiots. Great story, I could almost see the emotion in Achilles' eyes!
Fred chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
This sounds a lot like the original. It was a good read. Thanks. You should try to make it longer, and add Patroclus's point of view, when talking after death.
Zallah chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
Just to play devil's advocate with your author's note, Homer would not have made up the characters, but (at most) compiled one version of a common and popular story. To give Homer even less credit for the Iliad, there is the theory that there was not any such person as Homer, but that he is a sort of personification of an entire poetic tradition. Still, whatever the case of Homer, the authors and thinker who do attribute a sexual relationship to Achilles and Patroclus were all from considerably later.

In any case, however, I do very much like your piece. I am particularly fascinated by the dynamic of the relationship (whatever its nature) between Achilles and Patroclus, and I think you have done a very nice job of exploring it. Thanks for the great read!