Reviews for Casualties
Marie-Constance Quesnet chapter 8 . 6/11
Beautifully composed fic, and wonderfully written. I was hooked from the first line.
0anhonestpuck0 chapter 8 . 6/4/2016
I love the unique perspective. Excellent work
that1reviewer chapter 8 . 3/8/2016
OUCH, this story kicked me right in the feels. At first I did not want to keep reading cause it wasn't going to be a strictly Roy/Riza fic, but I kept going. I really enjoyed seeing their mutual pining for each other and how it translated to their moments with their respective lovers. The angst in the fic was so much but I absolutely loved it. The final chapter was so brutal, poor unnamed fella, it must have sucked for both of them to witness their chemistry and suddenly understand that they stood no chance. I hope you have written or may someday write a sequel. I will be reading and favoriting your fics throughout this week. Cheers!
LeChick chapter 8 . 2/14/2016
Such fucked up love. Happy Valentines Day
Guest chapter 8 . 7/17/2015
Amazing. I felt so many emotions. I loved how the point of view was from the people they were affecting rather than them themselves. The writing was phenomenal and the story structure and plot was great. 3
3vuep chapter 8 . 7/18/2015
Absolutely loved this! I usually hate it when people add their own characters, but I absolutely loved this story. It was brilliant. The writing was amazing, the structure fantastic, and the storyline was emotional. It was amazing. Great job!
waddiwasiwitch chapter 8 . 10/5/2014
Oh bravo! You do destructive relationships so well. I really like the brave idea to tell the story from an OC's point of view. I think it's especially poignant they are not referred to by name also. Well done.
Minerva Aemilius chapter 8 . 5/1/2014
This story was so good, it literally made me want to cheer. Fresh and original, simultaneously angsty and uplifting, and just gorgeously written.
Elite-chan chapter 8 . 3/18/2014
roy and riza gives dysfunctional relationships a whole new meaning. damn.
Randalish chapter 8 . 8/27/2013
I can count the number of couples I've ever actually "shipped" on the fingers of one hand, and I'll have enough fingers left to lift my teacup with.

These two are starting to make that teacup decidedly wobbly, though, and this story isn't helping even though it's just made me realise just how messed up they are. I mean, I was aware of how they interact, obviously; the sheer volume of things they never say but are so very, very palpable between them is the whole reason I'm invested in the first place. But this story really takes things to a logical conclusion. (I say "a" and not "the," because it's equally possible one or both had the presence of mind to never let things get this far, never cause this much damage.)

Four characters, all of them hurting, two of them perpetrators and two of them victims, yet I'm feeling for all of them equally. Well, perhaps a bit more for Roy's unnamed girl, who knew it was impossible from the start and tried not to deceive herself, but got caught nonetheless, and then fell afoul of Roy's cruel streak. I loved... okay, wrong term... greatly appreciated his apology, even though it didn't really fix anything. Riza's guy was blindsided more, but also willingly blinding himself more. People remember Roy as the hero/murderer of Ishbal, but he saw Riza at the shooting range. Unlike Roy, she looked all her victims in the face before she killed them. Quite likely he didn't know about Riza's past, but that's a pretty big part of her not to know about. And throwing away both his career and his life over this... well, let's hope someone'll bash some sense into his skull before he goes through with that.

Not a happy story, this. But it's touching, and memorable, and isn't that what fiction is supposed to be? Thanks for writing.
Lychee Green Tea chapter 8 . 8/12/2013
You have such beautifully descriptive and poetic writing.

I love how, even though we never even knew the names of the other woman and the other man, we were still able to relate with them and feel empathy for them. Even though the woman was in the profession that she was, I still thought of her as an intelligent person; her character truly had depth to her, considering this was such a short story.

Hawkeye's man really spoke to me. I don't think you ever even used the word "love," but I knew he was in love with Hawkeye. You showed us how he thought of her: as a strong, capable, clever and beautiful woman. They could have such great conversations with each other, and he just thought that "Wow, I think I just found the one. I wanna grow old with this woman."

What a sad, sad story. Breaking hearts and never being able to be with the one you love. This story spoke so much to me because this is exactly how I picture Hawkeye and Mustang's relationship. You've got their relationship down to a tee. Such an amazing fanfic!

Thank you for writing this and sharing with the online community. I hope I can be even half a good a writer as you one day.

Cheers,
LGT
Cerisabeth chapter 8 . 7/25/2013
I love it. It's so very painful and sad and just perfect. I don't really know what to write because I'm kind of stunned. It's really really beautiful. It's brilliant.
val1794 chapter 8 . 6/15/2013
me encanto tu fic, hasta ahora no había leído uno que plasmara a la perfección lo mucho que se aman roy y riza, aunque también me dio un poco de pena las otras dos personas terminaron destrozadas, pero escribes excelente.
sub.C chapter 8 . 5/11/2013
Yeah... casualties is a much better word than subsitutes. Substitues doesn't include the fact that they get hurt so bad. After all, actually you even don't know who got hurt worst.
They did not only hurt their substitutes, they got hurt back and they hurt themselves by adding another mistake that they cannot forgive themselves.

This is so NOT FAIR, isn't it... why can't there be a possibility for them... some way, some chance, some hope... just ANYTHING... to enable them to get together somehow?! This would never had happened... if they... just... instead... *sigh*
sub.C chapter 7 . 5/10/2013
OMG and now she's striking back. THAT ONE hit him. Wow. Ouch. :(
Hmmm... he had done it... he had hurt them both cause he finally had to do SOMETHING cause he just can't tell Riza the truth... and as HE's so hurt bacause of that he had to hurt them back.

You really make the readers get to know Roy. It's like one has never even got a HINT of who he is... before one starts reading your fics. :)