Reviews for The Fireflies
angel0wonder chapter 2 . 6/21/2008
Another good chapter. I didn't read any problem on their slang, so don't worry about it. :) Cameron's interrogation was quite entertaining.
dragonwarlord chapter 2 . 6/20/2008
Wash should be both hacker and driver in the future hackers would be of more use against the machine but he was born to pilot (or drive as that would be the closest thing in the current situation) I'd like to see what you will do about simon and kaylee.
GreyWolf D'ancanto chapter 2 . 6/20/2008
Nicely done. You have this story set kinda like CSI

About Wash maybe yo can make him a Dirty FBI agent that works in cyber crime department for the good guys and as a super hacker for the gang.
Matt chapter 2 . 6/20/2008
Thanks for the explanation, it clears up alot for me and makes Cameron's reason for protecting Mal alot more plausible than I initially thought. It'll be interesting to see Cameron juggle her two "jobs" (good thing she doesn't sleep).

Here's a bit of fun: Jayne's potty mouth would make for some very interesting questions for Cameron to ask John and Sarah, especially since they'd have no clue where all those questions are coming from. (Sarah after cameron asks about something very err... impolite: 'What kind of school am I sending my son to?')

On the same note, the other Fireflies' influence on Cameron could be fun too: Mal's sarcasm, Wash's humor, Zoe's attitude...

Hmm... I wonder how Sarah will react once she realizes that Cameron is missing at night? I guess we'll find out pretty soon since being woken by nightmares are a frequent thing for her.

I'm kinda looking forward to seeing Sarah meet the Fireflies: I think that Sarah and Zoe would get along quite well, but I think that Jayne's life would quickly be at risk when he says the wrong thing around, or to, her.

I think that Wash more fits the profile of a fly by the seat of his pants driver than a guy who sits in front of a computer typing on a keyboard for hours on end.

About the language, I say don't worry about the future slang and Chinese: current slang is fine but they grew up in and are living in a different time and setting. The dialogue is good as it is and much easier to read than it would be if you tried to insert a bunch of Chinese phrases in it (even on the show I was never absolutely certain what it was they were saying at times cause of that).

Anyway... I'll be on the look out for the next chapter.
angel0wonder chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Well, I think it has potential. Its worth a try :)
GreyWolf D'ancanto chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Yes, I think this story is worth more chapters. Keep going :)
Hat O' Doom chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
Hm, this looks interesting. I look forward to seeing where you take this.
agent-shinobi chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
i loved it! i miss firefly so much, and seeing them interact with another favorite show of mine will be very interesting! please update soon
Matt chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
Hmm... Honestly I'm iffy on this because if Cameron goes with the Fireflies, she's leaving John without her protection. Mal's survival to save John in the future won't matter if John is killed in the present (that's kinda the point of the whole series: John dies in the past and everything he would have done after that doesn't matter).

Plus, due to the constant changes resulting from each sucessive person/terminator sent back in time, she'd know that something as specific as Mal's involvement in a single assassination attempt out of many attempts would almost defintely be altered: The changes could even result in that particular assassination attempt never even happening, or it being prevented by someone else next time around.

Cameron's whole reasoning that you wrote is a very slippery slope. If you go down that path, Cameron would enevitably decide that she needs to protect *EVERY* person who will play a role in stopping the numerous attempts on John's life and then her reason for being sent back in time is undermined as she leaves John himself vunerable while she's rushing around to protect the dozens, if not hundreds, of people who *might* save John in the future (assuming he survives long enough after his appointed protector abandons him).

Hmm... maybe you have Cameron bring John along so she can protect both of them. But in the end, John's current safety must be her priority, and she is the best one to protect John and she can't protect John without actually being there with him, everything and everyone else is secondary to protecting John himself here in the present.
le tc chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
:D

firefly/t:scc crossover. you just made my day.

hmm...one question though - is there a river in the gang? that would make for an interesting reaction. lol.
Lord Mordaq Sevillate chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
Interesting.
King Steve chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
Really good so far, keep up the good work. I only know a tiny bit about Firefly (not seen it yet but ordering it on DVD soon) but it's a really entertaining story. Keep up the good work!
tick-toc-tick chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
Firefly great show, so sad they canceled it. The writing was good and it was a really nice cross over.
Miguel Artadi chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
Shiny! ;)
triggercini chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
This totally made me giddy! Anything that mixes T:SCC with Firefly is totally made of WIN! Please continue. I'm very interested to see what you have in store for this little piece of AU GOLD!

*Trigger-Happy03*