Reviews for A Witch out of Place
Worshipper chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
I know I should be working, but my boss is being a moron today because I keep refusing his invitations to dinner *stupid long story; the moral is that men are dumb :P* so I've decided to (un)officially take a day off at work by relaxing.

Now imagine my surprise as I suddenly felt like reading fanfiction only to stumble across this? *hearts*!

Legend of Kyrandia has got to be one of my ultimate favourite games of all time *it's right up there with the LucasArt's franchise*

I've officially bookmarked this story to my favourites because not only did I find LoK fanfic but I also found one that was AMAZINGLY written! I mean it's so good that the moment I found this I found myself going through all the chapters. Wish I hadn't because it's over :( *sighs* but oh well. I hope maybe there'll be more wonderful Kyrandia stuff from your end?

It's obvious you've put a lot of effort into this 3 and I thank you for that!

My happiness has been restored thanks to you. Have an e-cookie basket!
Meeerf chapter 20 . 5/25/2009
Here I am, to finish the rest of your review!

A thought did occur to me. You listed this as a crossover, but really, it doesn't have a heck of a lot to do with Enchanted Forest at all, does it, since Vanora's an OC? Not really a criticism, just a totally random observation.

Aw, that was sort of sad about Doyle :( I must admit, I didn't really see coming who she was going to end up with, though? Came as a bit of a shock. (No spoilers in reviews.)

Vanora's agonizing over what to do was really touching. Aw... And a super-cute epilogue as well. Maybe, like you said, a little predictable, but who really cares?

Nicely done ;) Congratulations on finishing!
Meeerf chapter 21 . 5/24/2009
Wow! Sudden impulse to finish the thing, huh? Or just got internet access back?

BTW, did you know your PM feature is disabled? Leaving the only way to contact you through reviews...

I'm actually running late somewhere, but I did read ch 17 and 18... will get to the rest tonight probably.
Meeerf chapter 16 . 3/20/2009
Haven't heard from you in a while... and now a DOUBLE update! No matter, I know how it is to be busy... right now I'm spending Friday night at home, alone, studying for a test on Monday that my teacher sort of forgot to mention... But hey, what better to break up studying than a little fanfic?

Interesting chapter. So we finally get to go to the castle and meet the de facto king? Add to that the unresolved murder mysteries, and Vanora's new love interest (maybe)... well, lots of possibilities are opened up.

I feel with this chapter that the plotlines you laid the groundwork for earlier are approaching fruition, so I'm excited to see what happens next. Vanora is a very likable character. Is she a canon character, or an OC?

I'll be studying late tonight, so I'll probably be able to get your other review done as well.

-MEERF!
Meeerf chapter 15 . 1/24/2009
So, if you're approaching completion, what should I read of yours next?

Sheesh, Malcolm isn't much of a dad OR a king, is he? With this kind of leadership, Kyrandia is pretty well doomed.

Interested to see what's happening at the castle... and yeah, their rather unique method of transportation sounds pretty darn fun to me ;)
Meeerf chapter 14 . 1/22/2009
Update! Woot! Though it really sucks that you STILL don't have internet at home.

You really MUST live in the middle of nowhere ;)

LOL, "getting beheaded for negligent babysitting." What number is that in the penal code again?

The whole setting of this chappie is pretty comical, really. Poor Vanora, getting stuck with the brat. She has better things to do, like getting back to her own world, or something. Though the ending of the chappie makes me wonder, is that really what you plan? Is the theme of the story about returning home, or acclimating to a new one? (Esp. after you crafted your LoM story to be about "family", I know you like to use your fic settings for more general things.)

That reminds me... I always meant to ask you how that one ended...
Meeerf chapter 13 . 10/20/2008
Wow, on a serious roll, huh? Insomnia has a way of doing that to a person.

Ooh, Zanthia and weird black haired guy, sitting in a tree...

Goddess, I would hate to baby-sit that kid. And I can't imagine Zanthia wants it in her house, either.
Meeerf chapter 12 . 10/16/2008
As I recall, you said Zanthia was pretty biased against witches, but she seems to be warming up to... uh... "Vannie?" Wonder if she'll trade back some witch-magic for the alchemy? If it's even possible in this world...

Vanora seems to be settling in rather nicely. At least she has her cat.

Was Zanthia your old profile icon? I don't think I realized she was blond until now. The story probably said it, but I forgot, I guess.

I love "The Drunk Dragon" as a pub name. Was that in-game? Actually, it feels like a title in search of a oneshot story to me...

So, I'm wondering if possibly only one of the two gets to go back, and the other stays? I'm interested to see how you work out the next step.
Meeerf chapter 11 . 10/15/2008
Wow, that was QUICK. Stayed up all night finishing it, huh?

I think I saw some typos - was "naught" in the second paragraph supposed to be "naughty"? And "Its charming", some way down.

Offspring of Malcolm? Icky. It also implies someone engaged in certain activities with him... I guess some women have odd tastes...

And that shall be all for now, as I must get started on my day.
Meeerf chapter 10 . 10/14/2008
Zanthia and Vanora make an interesting pair, don't they? Just enough personality clash to liven things up, without descending into overt conflict.

I'm finding I rather like Vanora. She has a pretty low-key attitude of "okay, I'm stuck in some random alternative kingdom, so I suppose I'll roll with it and do the best I can."

A thought occurred to me. Like I told you, I don't know either fandom, but is Vanora essentially playing the part of whomever your character would be in LoK? I somehow see her having something to do with "fixing" the whole royal situation.

Norton's Potion Primer. LOL. Although I probably would have used "Potions for Dummies"...

And I am now worried about the cat...
Meeerf chapter 9 . 10/7/2008
Good morning!

The bald, ugly fairy reminded mo of the "Fat Fairy" from "A Link to the Past", if you've ever played that... my friend and I used to laugh so hard over that way back when...

I was confused on one point. This might be my fault, reading at 4am in the morning, but... what I got out of chapter 7 is that Malcolm is the court jester? Or whomever he is, Vanora has met him... aack. Did I miss something? Or maybe it just needs a couple words to confirm that Malcolm was a jester, to make the link more clear.

A camping cauldron sounds convenient. Where can I get one? maybe Ebay?

Yeah, where did Zanthia go? And the cat? Are they up to something together?

Clever and amusing read ;)
Meeerf chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
You mentioned you were working on this tonight, and I'm still pretty awake, so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

I have absolutely no familiarity with either of the crossover components, but so far, so good. Nice scene setting.

Giant toads as neighbors... one could do worse.

Got through three chapters, and now sleep calls... will get back to this tomorrow...
FlamingQuill chapter 3 . 8/28/2008
O... weird creepy clown-guy... keep writing :)
FlamingQuill chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
Very good :) You're good at imitating Celia Rees's style :) That's always a good thing to be able to do when you're writing fanfiction based on written works :) Great job!
Ry Sabir chapter 3 . 7/12/2008
Imagine my surprise when I found a story that combined two of my absolute favorite things - Enchanted Forest Chronicles and Legend of Kyrandia!

You have wonderful prose, and I'm really enjoying the story. I can't wait to read more!