Reviews for Hors d'Oeuvres
fluggerbutter chapter 3 . 8/22/2013
my grin right now you dont even know IM SORRY FOR REVIEWING EVERY CHAPTER ITS JUST TOO LOVELY and look you write in the present tense I ALSO WRITE IN THE PRESENT TENSE i salute u for such

this is so lovely ((and domestic. domestic is my favourite))
fluggerbutter chapter 2 . 8/22/2013
your words are so p retty wow this is perfect
fluggerbutter chapter 1 . 8/22/2013

-fluggerbutter (too lazy to log in)
Making Some Toast chapter 4 . 2/4/2013
Just finished watching this and I had to find a fic! But I found four and these are great! The third one is for sure my favorite one. Wonderful job! I hope there are more treasures like this one in this fandom.
Goldencity chapter 3 . 1/8/2013
Oh my goodness. I loved that. Bruxing. Reading this made me think of when I used to have pet rats. I really, really loved this! :)
Girl Who Likes Your Chapters chapter 4 . 7/11/2011

I love these. They have the perfect emotion!

5 stars!

I especially like "Vocabulaire." So heartwarming!

You inspire me. :)
The-Cat-of-the-Baskervilles chapter 1 . 1/7/2011

I especially like Remy's thoughts in the end. :D

Poor Linguini, to play against such a rival.
L100Meganium chapter 4 . 8/30/2009
I love you forever for writing these. Ratatouille does not have enough fanfiction! I wish they'd make a sequel. Even critics wanted a sequel. xD Thanks for tying me over until then (hopefully..!)!
Vee22 chapter 2 . 4/7/2009
Love these little vignettes! You write the characters so well.

My favourite is Vocabulaire - it was so touching and sweet. I didn't know what bruxing was, either.

Thanks for writing such wonderfully realistic and entertaining stories.
Muriel Candytuft chapter 2 . 2/19/2009
Look out: LONG review coming up.

Of these four vignettes, I think this one ties with "Ma Cuisine A Moi" as my favorite (yes, I've read them all, and I'll be reviewing them all in a moment.)

You've obviously put a lot of thought into their characters. What I like about this, and about all your Ratatouille stories, is that you don't make the mistake that a lot of writers (myself included) tend to make, which is simply rewriting a character's traits. You take the traits that are already there - Remy's insane joie de vivre, Colette's methodical intelligence, Linguini's naivete, Ego's quiet dignity - and you expand them. Not only are Remy and Colette in character, but it's a new dimension of character, dimensions that simply cannot be explored in the medium of film. It's like you took the characters and multiplied them by 100. And it's really great to watch the movie with these new dimensions in mind; it makes you appreciate the characters in their original form anymore.

Anyway, on to my favorite parts.

"She knows she's not a genius...her skill comes of diligence, of study, of true love for her art. Le Chef's kind of genius, though, only a whisker away from madness...that's not her. Her feet are too firmly planted on the ground for that."

Are you by any chance familiar with NUMB3RS? There's a character in it who's a mathematics professor and certified genius, and he has a slightly insane love for math. This really brings that character to mind. And I can so see Remy talking to himself - which, I will admit, I have done on more than one occassion.

"Nothing can stop him when he's creating: he's like a creature possessed...weighing possible combinations in his mind, choosing not out of knowledge...but out of pure instinct at the highest level...She watches the intent look on his face as he frantically searches for the right element to satisfy that tiny voice giving orders in his mind."

Perfect. Absolutely perfect. Pure instinct, frantic searching, that tiny voice in his mind. Perfect.

"Perhaps she and Alfredo can save him from the madness that comes with the territory, can prevent him dying of a broken heart like Gusteau, Van Gogh, Schumann… so many artistes before him."

Okay, I'll admit...I tore up. Not only at the idea of Remy's love for cooking actually isolating and killing him, but at how much Colette respects him. Rat or not, she is comparing him to some of the greatest and most tortured minds on earth, and...

" return, they get love, and knowledge, and happiness. Worth much more than being a genius, any day."

WOW. Beautiful. One thing for sure, at this rate, however short Remy's life is, it will not end like Van Gogh's or Gusteau's. It's so wonderful that Colette has developed such an unconditional, genuine love for and understanding for Remy. He's finally getting the support that he just didn't get before.

I don't know what else I can say about this story. It is a work of genius, it really is. Thank you so much!
Muriel Candytuft chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
Oh! Oh! Oh! I love this! So very sweet and so very in character!

"...the last time he'd done this kind of roughhousing was as a baby rat with Emile, and Emile had quit roughhousing with him when he'd grown up to be slight of build, fearing to hurt him. He'd forgotten it was so much fun!"

Oh, I can just see that! "Dad, make him stop!"

"Man, if your wife wasn't human, Linguini, mon ami, he thought, intensely grateful for the interspecies difference, you would SO have competition."

*squeals* Adorable! I love to think that Remy and Colette became such good friends, and it's wonderful that they have, in your stories.

This brightened up my (tedious) day so much. Thank you and happy writing!

excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 6/29/2008
Another splendid vignette. M...sorry, having a private moment with the memory of some pickled garlic.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 6/29/2008
I didn't know that about rats-how cool! I know a dog who growled-trying to purr-when he was that happy, but he'd been raised with cats, too.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 6/29/2008
Oh, how lovely! Sometimes writing is like that (when you're downloading straight from God and just doing the typing part). Sometimes it's chess (like the way I have it for Ron Weasley in "Midnight by the Weasley Watch").

Whatever it is, it's glorious. (Pity Little Chef doesn't ever work with Severus Snape, that could be _really_ interesting).
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
Oh, how cute! Colette is like that, she really is.