Reviews for Dust of Life
Leona Esperanza chapter 10 . 10/21/2011
I stayed up waaay too late to finish this one. Another fantastic story, even better than the first one! Your characterizations of the DS9 regulars are spot on, and your OCs are well developed. You had a gripping plot, and your technical writing skills are excellent. (It's so hard sometimes to read a good story that's written badly - it's like watching da Vinci paint stick figures.) I'm definitely going to read more of your work later - but now it's time for bed. :)
Thankyou chapter 10 . 11/17/2010
incredibly moving
nightbird47 chapter 10 . 7/22/2010
This is absolutely amazing. Its moving and involving and makes you care about these kids and people who as OC's are sometimes lesser than the premade ones. But this story has a grand total of ONE regular character and the world he has come to live in is done so well its as if we've known them for a long time.

The slow buildup of tension, and the curiosity and wariness that are there is done extremely well. It goes from a worry to a horrific act of anger with a pace that feels very natural.

The description is marvelous. I can see the old house on the hill quite easily, but it isn't over described.

And as someone who loves to use the technique of mixing past and present, this was done extremely well. The italics ARE hard to read, but the way the sections always relate and how the transition is clear is perfect. Congrats of a very difficult achievement.

And the last twe section, I was just frozen in place reading. Cats knocking things off, blurring vision, all that didn't matter because it drew me so deeply into the scenes I had to read.

The dream sequence with the dead is very effective, especially using BC. Its not clear at first if Julian is dying or dead or sick from fever.

Can't wait to read the next part, but gotta get some sleep first
Shadowgirl119 chapter 10 . 4/9/2009
Great story,the complexity and believablity of it was amazing. You really have a talent for writing.
deeply-spaced chapter 10 . 2/4/2009
Son of a gun! This was incredible! I am stunned at how good this story was. Thank you for all of your hard work and wonderful talent. Julian is incredible. Wow, what a ride!
miarath chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
Very lovely first chapter. :D Loved how walking like that calmed him down and all. Wonder what's about all these children...
Rachel Evans chapter 10 . 11/7/2008
I absolutely love this story! I have been neglecting so much homework so that I can read this! Your writing style is beautiful and the entire plot is brilliant! The imagery was so good that, at times, I could see or smell what was being described. This story is going on my favorite stories list. _
Rachel Evans chapter 1 . 11/3/2008
I really like this story so far. I love your writing style. It is very eloquent and smooth. I find it very hard to find writing of this quality here. Stories like this make me want to write more myself! Thank you!
lauren hedgehog chapter 10 . 10/29/2008
Wow. Possibly my favourite story of yours yet. Wonderfully written.
TenshiNanashi chapter 10 . 10/20/2008
well, that was really tragic. Just...sad. And poor Julian, he's always trying so hard to save everyone, and you just can't save them all.
ScopesMonkey chapter 10 . 9/21/2008
This was excellent! Your writing is very strong; you have a lot of talent for noticing small details and for accurate and poetic descriptions. I like how you moved from past to present and kept me wondering how things were going to tie in together and what was going to happen. I think you do a very good job on an exiled Julian and how the trauma of being kicked out of Starfleet would make him more uncertain of himself and more reticent about interacting with others.
Zonya chapter 10 . 9/3/2008
I'm glad Julian is alive. So you can write more ;) I enjoyed this story a lot, you are one of my favorite authors and you write my favorite character, Julian. Life is perfect! hehehe
Copper Kestrel chapter 9 . 8/29/2008
*is on edge of seat* Wow! And the action just rolls on! Great chapter, it really sunk its teeth into you and wouldn't let you stop reading. I love all the characters you developed in this chapter, especially Nalor, and the 'group mentality' that is definitely pervading. Quite a chilling chapter, but very good. And Bashir was good in it to... I just hope the next update's soon!
Copper Kestrel chapter 8 . 8/19/2008
Gosh, I'm really surprised you haven't had more reviews - this is a great story! I love the way it's quite complex, with all the different Bajorans and Bajoran/Cardassian children, who are all very real people. And I like how you portray the emotions of everyone, especially Bashir. Really looking forward to the next update - the tension's really rising, now!
MuseUrania chapter 5 . 7/18/2008
Please keep going! And that was a nice moment with Julian and Tarhena.