Reviews for A Step Behind
Elless chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
OMG thank God that didn't happen in the books. I would've cried buckets.

But this was really good, and I think you wrote Sirius brilliantly. I didn't know what to feel half the time, which, I think, was the point. Beautifully written.
blabla chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
so sad and so well written. I almost cried at the two last paragraphs
567573 chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
This was so beautifully written, I was ready to cry by the end of it. So emotional, and SO sad - but real. Very real.
ttfn.tahtahfornow chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
"Sirius imagined for a moment the way Voldemort's face would look when he realized there was no one important left to kill, because they'd all done it themselves."

Wow. How horrible and . . . wonderful (the story, of course, not the general concept of mass suicide). Really wonderful; tragic and ironic - the Boy Who Lived killed by a pair of incompetent Muggles? - and still very fitting. And I love the feeling of absolute inevitability - and resignation - that accompanies the events after Harry's death.

Very nice!

]
blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah chapter 1 . 9/4/2008
Wow, this was really well written. I think it's clever that you didn't actually say how Harry died, apart from the fact that it was the Dursleys that killed him, because it's told from the point of view of people who wouldn't know. I think you wrote Sirius' reaction well, although I'd have thought he'd be in denial a bit first.

Well done for a really good piece of writing!
Mary-ann3112 chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
That was brilliant! Really quite morbidly beautiful. Couple of questions, 1)did the Dursleys kill Harry 2)how and why did they kill him? Thanks x
Desiqtie chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
Wow. This was so sad. But very realistic at the same time... I love Sirius & Harry's relationship...and it definitely comes across that Sirius is too devastated to really feel.