Reviews for Worthy
Ganheim chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
Somewhere in the midst of the jollity I must ask Eirika for her hand in marriage. Father had wanted to ask King Fado himself, but I suggested I broach the subject with her first.

[This indicates an interesting level of both growth on the part of the extremely timid Lyon and foresight for Vigarde]

In a life that has been arranged for me, this one thing I should like to do for myself.

[I wonder if too much arrangement for him is one of the things that weakened his resolve in the critical last years of life]

I’m sure Ephraim is the sort of son my father would have wanted, someone strong and brave, perfectly suited for the role he will one day inherit.

[Very well written from the unfortunately small segments glimpsed in Ephraim’s campaign]

It’s my work with the Stone. It requires a great deal of energy."

[I’m pretty sure he didn’t go much into what he did with the Stone or she wouldn’t have been _quite_ so surprised when she finds out that it’s consumed him – him collapsing and the many signs of it being common I’d have thought would have clued her in. Still, this is extremely well played]

I look up to Sir Seth. "I’m afraid you’ll have to take my place, Sir Seth."

[A strange shadow of the future here that I’m sure Seth-Eirika fans will like. I personally never saw it in canon (outside their A-rank), in the feudal culture that FE8 takes place in Seth would have known that the consequences could have been dire for him to develop (or allow) feelings for her and he more likely would have even dissuaded her from doing the same to him – his life and her honor hang in the balance]

Yet there is something I have seen: Some catastrophe will befall Renais and Eirika will be left alone with only her knight to protect her.

[How extremely ironic. I just wonder how the material preparations that would’ve been necessary for Grado to build up its army like it must have work into this world – although that could just be a game plot device]

A lute and pipe play a jaunty piece, something with a bucolic feel, perhaps a shepherd’s delight in spring at the sight of the green hills and the sunshine–

[For this to follow the dark portends of his vision is bitterly ironic and very well worded]

even Eirika’s gentle hand can defeat me in a duel. What skill I have is all in magery.

[Ironic then that this nearly brings Magvel to its knees]

My hand on the wall, I can feel the stone beneath my fingers trembling. Another tremor. They come more frequently of late. But it’s no matter. The Stone of Grado... the Fire Emblem... All my hopes lie with it now.

[Interesting way of leaving off, with so much of the focus on Renais and then a brief whisper of the calamity in Grado]

Excellently done – the characterization and narrative were flawless and a pleasure to read. I’d never actually thought of Lyon seeing a vision of Renais instead of Grado (I’m fairly sure that the latter is implied, but neither is explicitly specified) and this flows so well I can see it a prelude to the game itself. Bravo.
IcedWings chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
Wah, I loved it! Wonderful work, ! Just the thought of Seth and Lyon rivalry is most alluring. The tone and voice of the story is by far well-written. Unlike most Fire Emblem FanFictions I have read, yours gives off that air of "medieval times" and such. You know what I mean. Anyways, again, well-written story.
DreamyLane chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
Sigh, this is so beautifully written. I've always pitied Lyon though he is like the main antagonist in the game
Trevor X chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
You know, this almost makes me feel sorry for Lyon. I mean, well, sorrier than I felt for him after playing the game. He made some wrong choices, but he WAS trying to do good. And though I don't think he'd have much luck with viewing the future, you did well with using it the way you did: In short glimpses of possibility.
Contramundi01 chapter 1 . 10/28/2008
Very good. I love the details. You should go on and continue on to Lyon's death, I think it'd be interesting.
Maxmagnus20019 chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
Very, very interesting point of view for Lyon.

It's especially ironic when he says if only he could know who Eirika's enemies were.

Awesome, good job.
Levity chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
.. You know what I've just noticed? I barely read FE8 fics. I don't know why.

But nevertheless I read this one, and I really enjoyed reading it. It's kind of sad when you consider what happens to Lyon later on. Poor thing.
Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
This was...amazing. No, seriously. It was beautiful. I never thought I'd like to read a story about Lyon (mostly since I don't know much of him), but the time and setting of this was absolutely perfect. I loved Lyon's thoughts, even though they were depressing, and I loved the small things he seemed to notice about Eirika. I feel so sorry for him, but at the same time, not.

This was very impressive. It's going on my favorite's. (A real joy to read. :) )

Sierralaine Walsh chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
Aww. Lyon.. *sigh* I still love Seth more than him. :P It's beautiful and sad.. Tnx for the update. I really wanted to read another fic of yours! :)
Goldfish chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
_b Agreed.
Anoniwik chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
Lyon is not emo. He's just a pathetic beta male who never stood a chance of getting laid in his life.
ayumi-nightbeauty chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
It was good, very good.
Sei Honou chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
Beautiful. Simply Beautiful.

EternallyNostalgic chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
I loved this! Lyon is my favorite SS character, you've written him very nicely. Well done!
devandonet223 chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
This is someting out of the ordinary. I like it, good job. But I'd have to say, Lyon in my perspective, was my least favorite character. He was such a "pure and honest" type of person that it sickened me. But yes, you've pertained him very realistically, and so realistic that I almost feel sorry for him. But I did like his interactions with Eirika too. So, I congratulate you. Nice fic.