Reviews for Whisper
Now I know there's something wrong with me because Jared's misery is the first scene I'd actually pay to watch play out on-screen since this trilogy(?) began. And he's not even on my Top 5 Most Hated list!
Don't worry: I'm fully prepared to hate Jared Casey by the time everything is said and done. Him and Chris (or the blahs, as I like to call them) were never on my Christmas list anyway. Plus all this Gwen tolerance (and, dare I say, liking?) is giving me that same strange, nauseating feeling too-I blame you and your mad writing skills for that, Ava Sinclair!-and throwing characters shade should help me regain my equilibrium.
If ever there was a girl who deserved to prove the old adage wrong about girls marrying men like their fathers, it's Sheridan Crane. I was never a fan personally but I don't think anyone could watch the show and not want Sheridan to prove that disgusting bastard wrong, with or without Luis. And I highly doubt that many, if any, thought she'd do so with Chris. Ugh. I hate how not surprised I am by this dark turn of events. I know Sheridan deludes herself into believing she's no damsel on a regular basis but... where the flying frick is Officer Lopez-Fitzgerald?!
And you thought Gwen was the "hoity toity, stuck up bitch" to watch out for, Jess... You know, it really isn't just her. She is the final product of two of the most gullible morons to ever procreate in Harmony.
I don't know if I should gasp or groan but I do know that the Shrieking Shrew of Harmony is about to wipe the floor with that silly little girl and, honestly, I can't even blame her for it. Damn her.
About time Theresa gave Whitney the tongue lashing she's deserved for so long! Whitney was a Negative Nancy from episode one but she just went nuclear after Rome when Jared entered the scene. Honestly, I can't remember the number of times I shouted at my screen, "Well if you think Jared's so great, why don't you take him?!". She really believes Theresa would be happiest with the safe bet rather than the guy she's been hopelessly in love with her entire life? Far be it from to take any flack away from that little miscreant Chad Harris-Crane but, if that's the kind of logic that got Whitney to the altar, it's no wonder everything crashed and burned so spectacularly. Oy vey...
If this was Fox instead of Ethan, I would think Endora had something to do with that book. As it is, I can't imagine where Gwen found it-or what one earth possessed her to pass it on-but I can't help but feel (hope?) that Tabitha Lennox has something to do with it.
Only Rebecca could make a daughter feel like her mother ogling her husband was a sign of progress.
Oh and Ethan? I'm pretty sure Dr. Love's advice is better (if at all) suited for a current boyfriend/fiance/husband who's in the doghouse, rather than an ex-boyfriend/fiance with a knack for getting himself into one. That's just the vibe I'm getting so far anyway.
Uh, Theresa, honey, 'reliable' and 'stable' mean the same thing. Also, Ava, you forgot to mention that Fox is Theresa's grandson! ;) Maybe it makes me a little twisted but that was always one of my favorite things about Theresa's unholy union to Alistair.

Moreover, Kay and anyone else who dares throw Theresa's past in her face are the ones with a lot of nerve because Theresa's the only person in town who has always worn her scarlet for all to see. No other character has suffered through more public shaming than Theresa BECAUSE she's the only who who is ever made to pay for every little thing and the only whose every mistake is guaranteed fodder for those who revel in her humiliations to feel superior (read: Ivy, Julian, Rebecca, Gwen, Kay...).
You know, if there'd been a couple of rhymes thrown in, I wouldn't have been surprised to find out that Dr. Love is an alter ego of Woody, Theresa's lawyer... Somehow their voices sound just the same in my head...
Theresa's not the only one feeling a little tingly inside...

Honestly, even thought it's only happened a couple of times, I've always thought the idea of Sheridan watching Sarah and/or Jane to be a little forced. I mean, I know Sheridan's supposed to be Gwen's best friend but I don't know... they were always so removed from each other's baby dramas, at least until the aftermaths, when the dust settled, that it just feels disingenuous for Gwen to have Sheridan babysit just because she had no other friends in town, especially given that all the kids have these extensive family trees through Ethan and Theresa.

Also, thanks so much for making Ethan earn his place back in Theresa's life! I'm not entirely convinced he ever could after the hell he's put her through-I don't think I'll ever completely forgive him for "death of a dream" in Rome-but I never get enough of making him try.
Okay, who was that woman and what did she do with the real Gwen Hotchkiss? Also, where was she between the years 2000-2008 and who do I have to kill to go back in time and make a swap?
See it's the moments like this, the moments where one minute would've made all the difference... these are the moments that have convinced me that "moving on" is vastly overrated. ESPECIALLY for the residents of Harmony. The impatient fools.
Admittedly, Whitney's alleged friendship with Gwen has always rubbed me wrong (like what the frack?) but I'm willing to suck it up because nobody is more vindictive than Gwen so I'm expecting to cackle with glee over what she helps cook up for Chad

And can I just say-because I can't gush about this enough-I am blown over by how expertly you've completely deviated from canon while still keeping the characters more in character than even the writers themselves ever managed to! SUCH fun.
But the Blue Note is so classy! :(