Reviews for Prodigals
anemix chapter 41 . 10/24/2010
This was a great story, but poor Ianto. The Doctor's almost split-personality as John Smith was interesting, and I really liked Varna. Keep writing!

( . .)

Caylin chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
I was wondering if you are starting to post this series over at Teaspoon archive ( ?uid8854)? I was there and found Prodigals and Abomination there posted by Mister Turnipseed. (see link above)

Caylin at rogers dot com
timano chapter 41 . 9/17/2008
Whew! A magnificent saga of epic proportions that literally had me on the edge of my seat! I couldn't stop reading-it would have kept me riveted however long it lasted. And now I'm sad it's over.

I look forward to reading the sequel (which I understand is finished or at least in the works). Far more than just 10 out of 10 stars-are you a professional writer? You could be...
Chocky chapter 41 . 7/27/2008
Wow, you get stuck at work not able to look up and full 20 chapters are written and out... Your an amazing writer, just by the fact that you able to write such a great story and it to be so full of pace.

Where to start?

I love the interplay between Jack and the Doctor. From when Jack finds the TARDIS in NewHope, through to when the Doctor meets Jack. My favourite bit was chapter 33 when Jack was watching the Doctor and again in the sick bay with Chapter 35.

I also love how you gave TARDIS a strong conscious. For me the TARDIS has always been a being as smart if not smarter than the Doctor, but appears 'quiet' as she lives in the Time Space Vortex and really only partial exists on the physical realm with the Doctor. I always thought the TARDIS has just a strong heart as the Doctor to help people. (That why they keep ending off target - as she really knows where to go - living out side of Time). Again I love the interplay when Jack finds the TARDIS on NewHope.

I found it interesting that the ship had name herself NewHope after speaking to the TARDIS ;)

I was not too sure on the use of John as a character. He seems a bit two nice and has left all his sociopathic tendencies at home. I do not really know him as all I have seen a few clips from BBC America although I really didn't think a babysitting job was really his thing. But maybe he has change. Blowing up Cardiff may have finally scratched his itch? Mind you we never really found out what he made Jack promise.

I’m also really curious to find out how John came by Ship in the first place. There seems to be a story in that too.

And in case you can’t see me in my bedroom in Sydney Australia, I have both my hands up for another story. Hopefully I will be quicker with my reviews – might mean I need to drop at least one hand to type them. I least want to know if Doctor will cope/like/enjoy with Spike, particular not being a cat person - well at the moment - Sixth was. Maybe Spike will meet Novice Hame.
RandomCheeses chapter 33 . 7/20/2008
Another cliffhanger? Oh, now you're just being mean! ;)
RandomCheeses chapter 30 . 7/16/2008
Squee! Jack!

Cool convo between Varna and the Doc'.

How fast are you writing this story? You seem to update every other day! *worships you in awe*
Suzy chapter 22 . 7/13/2008
No offence because this is a really wonderful story but please don't end this with a Jack/Wil. Loving the Jack/John though - very amusing pairing.
RandomCheeses chapter 27 . 7/13/2008
Oohh! Jack and John about to have a fight! (*drools*) We all know how that ended in the bar in Ep1. Great chapter! And they found the TARDIS! Woohoo!
RandomCheeses chapter 25 . 7/11/2008
I do NOT want to know where Capt. John keeps explosives. (Guess Jack taught him about concealing weapons as well as paralysing lip-gloss.)

Is it just me or is your Capt. John being suspiciously too nice? He is a murdering b*d after all.(Guilt for burying Jack alive kicking in? Or an evil plan?)

Hope they meet up with the Doctor soon. Would love to see the look on 's face if John flirted with the Doc. ;)
chalkysunsets chapter 25 . 7/11/2008
"Although there’d been a time, once, when it might’ve been… Had been… Damn."

I cannot tell you how in love with that line I am!

This story is genuinely brilliant, and intresting, and exciting. I would love to be able to give you a more helpful review, but it's hard to expand on excellence ;) JACK IS A GOD.
Chocky chapter 24 . 7/11/2008
Oh no! Everyone in peril :)

Love the writing. My favourite cliff hanger so far was with Jack.

Can't wait to see what happens next.
RandomCheeses chapter 23 . 7/9/2008
Oh no! A giant eyeball! Where DO you get your ideas? Love the interaction between Capt Jack & Capt John. Another great chapter!. Chibi!Ten says hi.
Chocky chapter 18 . 7/4/2008

As I write this review I'm still chuckling about YOU WILL BE PROCESSED INTO THE ARMY OF THE MIGHTY OZ. Obviously the wicked witch of the west has killed too many muchkins lately... or did they revolt ;)

I love the interplay between Jack, John and Ship. Light hearted but untrusting. I particular love the interaction between Jack and Ship. It makes me wonder the circumstances on how John got the Ship in the first place. Did Ship just let John take her? Sometimes I wonder if Ship doesn't have her own agenda.

With the Doctor, I wonder will he regret slipping away from John Smith so quickly, without a thought. Will Varna notice?
Suzie chapter 18 . 7/4/2008
This story is absolutly brilliant, please continue :)
chalkysunsets chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
This is so fabulous.

Jack wears being a broken man almost as beautifully as you write it. Well done ;)