Reviews for Evaluations
Gabriel's Trumpet chapter 20 . 9/10/2013
I have to say that I absolutely loved this. Characterization was more or less spot-on, and your interpretations of their backstories gave them real depth. Wonderfully done.
Ninetailsjinx chapter 20 . 8/19/2013
I liked this. I found the story's premises to be entertaining, especially with the use of the psychologist as the primary narrative device. I appreciated the thoughtful and imaginative backgrounds you gave the characters, the exploration of (most of) the Titans' histories, team relationships, idiosyncrasies, how they've reconciled their sexual urges, and questions about their futures.
All things considered, I preferred Jinx's chapter out of all of them. Her witty parlance with the psychologist demonstrated your own knowledge of philosophy, as well as your ability to utilize it as a tool to study human motivation (ditto for Aqualad's chapter), which I found to be highly effective in explaining the change of heart that led Jinx to choose the heroic life over that of a villain's.
In contrast, I admit utter disappointment over Starfire's chapter. Of course, creative license allows for the writer to change or add certain details regarding a character or characters, but while your use of creative license filled out the rest of the Titans-giving them depth and exquisite characterization-it only served to decompress Starfire, squeezing her into the narrow role of "awkward alien" and a vehicle for the oft used trope "Everybody has lots of sex" without representing any of the endearing qualities that make her so beloved by fans. Perhaps your own prejudices toward the character came out in this section? A jump to conclusions, I'll admit, but with the direction you decided to go with her (such as the "redheads have big dicks comments" that made her look lusty and shallow), it isn't an unfair one. Elsewise, why depict her as a shallow, sex-crazed, elitist fool? Yes, there's a time lapse between the end of the series and the beginning of this story, but where the other characters' differences can be easily extrapolated upon if they aren't outright explained, Starfire's can't; they don't fit with the romantically/sexually shy, culturally sensitive young woman we loved in the cartoon. Even the comic version doesn't stand up to this. Even if you decided to keep it that way, fine, but there should at least be justification for how and why she's developed this way-there was for everyone else.
Thank you for posting, but please, please revisit Starfire's chapter and make it reflect her so that falls in line with the rest of your impressive, thoughtful psychological analyses.
FallenHope-Angel chapter 20 . 2/2/2012
wow, that was pretty intense. but also very funny and good.
Unices chapter 20 . 6/25/2011
Nicely done the backgrounds were nice though the tower was made from a fallen ship in the first chronolical episode not by cyborg
incense-whiskers chapter 20 . 5/10/2010
I love this. The idea of giving a pysch evaluation is one I've never seen yet. Each character was done well and the backgrounds was (from what I read of comics) accurate. The physiques all seem the same but I guess that's a given when you're running around as a super hero. Superb job.
Marlicat chapter 20 . 10/9/2009
Teehee. Great.
Mrs Maxim de Winter chapter 6 . 7/17/2009
I'm wary of the way you characterized Starfire here- you made her seem like a complete airhead oddball with a strong sexual appetite. Though she occasionally sprinkles in Tamaranian words and once in a while says "friend" before someone's name in conversation, you took it to the max here. Also, the word association game made her seem quite stupid.

Overall, this is a very entertaining story, though.
BurnishTomatoes chapter 5 . 7/6/2009
You know, M.D. means Medical Doctor, right?
nequam-tenshi chapter 20 . 6/26/2009
wow! that's unbelievible! sweet story!
Denalien chapter 20 . 5/10/2009
:D heh this was fun!
Xment2bursX chapter 20 . 4/24/2009
Wow, this was awesome! I seriously loved it. I think Kidflash's interview was my fav - the way you wrote him and his whole story really pulled me in - , but the others arent far behind. Speedy and Aqua's story made me really sad though. I can only hope that there was an unspoken reunification at the end - jk... or not-. Jinx really made me laugh as did everyones fixations with butts/Kidflash. I loved it!

Noodles Bamboodles chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
that was great, you really are a awesome writer.

well, the speedy/aqualad/some starfire stuff, was a little awkward, but other than that, i love how they each had depth and a strong personality. very good!
Emma's Bleeding Summer chapter 9 . 2/18/2009

That made me laugh so much.

Starfire's was particularly hilarious.

GeekGirl2 chapter 20 . 2/11/2009
Great story great ending. heehee :) Caught em all right out. Thanks for keeping on writing it :)

As always, looking forward to future writings... :)
JMJones chapter 20 . 1/31/2009
So. This is pretty much my favorite and least favorite addition to your enticing Evaluations. I adore it because, well...I love your Robin. For real? Oh my GOD. Dude made me bust up so many times. Poor kid. It's bad enough he's five-foot-eight. Five-foot-eight? HA! That was splendid. (I'm horrible.) Silberman's musical spotlight was great, too. Good choice on lyrics! I could picture him jumping on a desk and doing a jig. He disappointed me, though. I've grown to admire his rather modest and compassionate character, but oh-ho. He went THERE. Such a shame. Although he got what he deserved, I cannot help but feel bittersweet with a teaspoon of pity towards him. Hmm. I'm rambling.

...ANYWAY! Um. Yeah. Silberman and the fact that this is over are the only negatives. Just...jeez. Your dedication and writing style, and just how professional you made it sound, almost made me start swooning. Your version of these characters are interesting. As for who's session was my personal favorite... I'll have to go with BB. He's just so CUTE. Which is slightly surprising, since KF and Speedy are my favs. Heehee. Kudos to you, dude. Seriously.