Reviews for The Perfect Enemy
pokemaster101 chapter 4 . 7/14
I hav to say this was very well written! And an original idea for me. I'm wondering when Raito will realize his feelings for L and if L has the same feelings. Will L follow Raito or Raito follow L?

Or maybe something entirely different... ;)

Keep it up! 8DDDDD
Guest chapter 4 . 8/26/2013
please please please... I am begging.. continue the story
TourmalineBlue chapter 4 . 3/28/2013
Curious, since Raito knows L's real name why is he still using her alias Ryuuzaki? Or is the reason Raito does this ,is just because he wants to keep an arms length distance from her emotionally when he interacts with her?

Hope you can give me some insight. Love your story thus far please update soon. :)
Ra'iira The Fiend chapter 4 . 2/21/2010
ohmigawd, UPDATE. Come on now! It's been over a year! Please? I mean, I really, really like this (possibly more than Inner Glow) and it's been FOREVER since you've updated. Please, please PLEASE don't just drop this story! D
Lady Laran chapter 4 . 7/2/2009
Oh man..I can't see him cracking her to his vision. It'd be nice to see her trying to reach him though. I can't wait for more. Bad Raito - threatening Near and the others!
eli chapter 4 . 5/9/2009
very interesting.

please don't abandon this story. :)
Aquarius Dragon chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
I read this story, because I thought it would be a bit funny, perhaps bordering on farce like your other female-L story, which I believe you deleted, but, it pains me to say that I am left disappointed.

The reasons behind L’s prolonged life are not solid enough, and Raito’s character has ventured deeply into the realm of OOC. If Raito really wanted L on his side, he would have done so in the anime, but he did not. And these casual attacks of sentiments for the detective are very unlike the Raito we know from Death Note. I mean, he was leering at L’s dying form for crying out loud.

Also, your comparisons of their personality in regards to “taking law in their hands” are quite off as well. L did not take any law in his hand. Prisoners are detained, and tortured all around the world in one way or another to try and make them spill the truth. If that was not the case, then no one would like to tell the truth after receiving the royal treatment now would they? And besides, both Misa, and Raito are nothing more than murderers. I believe L was easy with them. He should have been more-cruel with Misa and Raito during interrogation.

I am not being harsh, just thought that you should know my 0.5 cents. I like the pepper mint idea. It is different, but the rest of the idea has been tried and tried again (I keep seeing it in every one of those DAMN yaoi fics). Come on DA, you are much better than this; much better. Try and veer the story a little, so that, at least the characters look cannon.

Take care, and keep up the good work!
Larusa chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
*Faved this fic*

i have just found this awesome piece or work from you today, so i hope it's not too late to review this

So, Have i told you how much i love your writing? and this one is the best genderswap fic (which is L as a woman) i've ever read. Both of them are very in character, Light is Light we all knew as a teen with his so-called charming and his Kira's arrogancy that you've portrayed so well as well as woman-L who is really intriguing so much in my eyes.

And Peppermint.. yes..! you even make the girl-L more cooler and masculine than the male version (because in the most fanfic i've read, he have such a sweet scent like strawberry, baby cream, sugar milk chocolate and etc, but not peppermint XD).

And i'm going to drink some mint tea tonight XD

ja! keep up the awesome work! i'll be waiting for next update

see u soon and take care :))

With Love,

Sioen
dalby chapter 4 . 1/7/2009
This story is awesome - I don't think I've read anything so gripping in a long time... or as good a depiction of Raito for that matter. Keep writing and I'll keep reading :-)
FeraNelia chapter 3 . 1/5/2009
And I love the genderswap! L as a woman is really working here and you bring her to life so well. In my eyes, Light'd be more boring, (s)he'd just be a typical femme fatale and all the men would be on their knees in front of him/her. But L is more charismatic, more fascinating type and doesn't charm others by blinking her eyes. She's an intelligent young woman with a strong sense of justice. And as a female L still stands against Light. So I love her in this story! And I love Light too. Even though he's an evil bastard I can't hate him, there's still something very sympathetic in him. So he's very well written in this~ Actually, I like how you keep them both in character.

That part where Light killed the criminal right in front of her eyes was great. The atmosphere worked and L's emotions were easy to identify with.

And I'm looking forward to the change from T to M. Not because I'm a pervert bastard (even though I am *laughs*)but I've always thought that a sexual tension is such a fascinating thing and it adds more interest to a story. Especially when the characters try to fight against it~ But take your time, a good relationship should not be ruined by a hurry.

So, hope you update soon. I'm not telling to hurry, write when you feel like it~ But this just is the best genderswap story I've read.
FeraNelia chapter 4 . 1/5/2009
I'm absolutely in love with this story. The plot so far is really intensive, and the whole situation is getting more and more interesting. It seems like impossible for romance and that's what I love in this - because I can't stop loving twisted love stories~ Things are never simple between L and Light and it sure is going to be exciting to see what'll happen between those two - the love-hate relationships are always the best ones
StarrySky chapter 4 . 12/28/2008
I have a little difficulty wrapping my mind around the genderswap concept, but I have to say, you pull it off very well. Whatever mistakes in characterization you make, the plot makes up for. Hope you update soon!
hee7 chapter 4 . 12/27/2008
Great job. I love it! This kind of situation between L and Light (done well) is what I always desired for the original Death Note.

You certainly have the done well part down. :D

(btw, who was the author you borrowed that idea from?)
X3MonochromeX3 chapter 4 . 12/26/2008
awesome story. I was happy that you finally updated. I just cant wait for the next chapter, is sure getting interesting.
Stringlish chapter 4 . 12/26/2008
I hate him. D he totally doesn't deserve her. -smacks Raito-

but great story, it's really getting intense ;D

but of course, you and I both know that well enough hahaha
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »