Reviews for Wires and Watchtowers
Good fic.
biaslord chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
Love it!
PSG1JOHN chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
I love how you betrayed Sarah Connor, her mindset and what she was worried about. John not listening to her doing things she deemed stupid irresponsible. She didn't like how john treated the machine.

I think you should have placed a line between the points of view changes and the story change when Sarah walked in on them. The changes in point of view confused me for a few seconds.

John and Cameron deciding to play hooky and not going to school. I'd like the interaction between the two as normal john is teaching her about social norms. In the end it ends up with both of them sitting down at the table and Sarah walks in from her brooding to find them both sitting together and she hears the last part of the conversation "All right… I would like that."

This sets are off like a bomb her emotions firing off in exchange of words between the three was funny in the way Sarah reacted.

In the end Sarah ordering Cameron to follow her upstairs to have a little heart to heart chat. I love how she reacted and said" would think you're doing" Cameron's only response was stating the obvious and not understanding Sarah emotional outbursts. It was hilarious when she finally understood that Cameron had no idea what she was talking about and said never mind.

I love your ending nine" the terminator had no idea what she was talking about, or at least, she hadn't and not until Sarah explained it to her"

Great little story about Sarah protective side and Camreon's innocent naive understanding and last of all Johns teenage rebellion against her.
ImFanci chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
This was well written, M. I do enjoy your writing style. The characterizations were also well done. You understand the complex personalities of Sarah, John, and even Cameron. Their pensiveness comes through smoothly without seeming forced or jumbled. I thought I reviewed this before, so I apologize for not doing it sooner. And it is too bad that TSCC was cancelled because it was really a good show.
midnightwaters chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
I love your writing style and the detail you put into this. The ending was kinda abrupt, but overall, very good story.
Jezrianna2.0 chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
Very nicely done. Excellent characterization, very in keeping with the show (what I've seen of it). A little too much drama for my taste but still in keeping with the show.
amber-prescott chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
Hi,

thanks for writing this story. Appreciate it a lot. Only criticism I'd have is that tere's something odd about Sarah in this one. It kinda feels a little off how she jumps at John and Cam, and her thoughts in the car. However, it's very subtle, and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Anyway, it doesn't detract from the enjoyment of the story.
imperfectandchaotic chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
Haha poor Cameron. Poor Sarah too, I think. Worrying's not good for her. Neither is not thinking properly.

Excellently written. I look forward to more!

Annie
Dark-Syaoran chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
Well written and very enjoyable. Looks like Sarah just opened the metaphorical 'can of worms'.

I hope you decide to continue with this and not leave it just as it is.
Lanaa Taurof chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
I really like what you're doing here. The back and forth between characters is very well done.

"If focus was Sarah’s best friend, then observation was like a close cousin to her..."

Loved that line. Fantastic. I also loved how well you've captured Cameron. Keep up the great work and I look forward to your next chapter.
Miguel Artadi chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
I can't emphasize enough how this scene really stood out for me:

"But even if he didn’t voice the words, his eyes had all but yelled them.

You owe me."

Beautiful. Hope to see more of this.
dimraven chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Good chapter, and especially good beginning of a story. In all honesty it would be an awesome one-shot.

I also thought it was interesting to read what and how things happened from different point of views. Although don't overdo it. It feels like I read the same thing over and over again.

Well, hope to read more from you!

/D.R.
Flatlander chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
I must agree with Metroid over here. I was reading the story over and over again, and while I lean towards detail in my writing, I saw voluminous descriptions overwhelming the dialogue. I'll give you that it was a realistic depiction of the characters' thought processes, but it began getting circular at a point, resulting in even me getting lost.

The style was precise, me likey. A little tweaking on the detail density and it would have been much easier on the eyes. Regardless, I'd love to see ya continue this.
Metroid13 chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
Ok, first off: The writing was excellent. Your style was consistent, I saw no outstanding errors besides a minor dialog quirk with Cameron, and the dialog was good. The story was... amusing, but I think it would have been more effective if you hadn't had Sarah merely allude to what she was fearing, but come right out with it.

Ok. That out of the way, it was also perhaps the most ponderous story I've ever read on this site. There was way too time and space invested in the characters heads and examining every littlest detail of their thoughts and not enough on the dialog and on the characters, and on the actions. You know what I mean? I'm pretty much guilty of this myself, but not to this extent, I'm sorry to say.

I found myself skipping over multiple paragraphs just to get to the dialog. Mind you, I READ them, but I think you get what I mean here. This chapter (I'm assuming this is a multi-chaptered story) could have allowably shorter. Much, much shorter, actually.

On characterizations and events: I found it silly that Sarah would jump to that conclusion without enough evidence. And your explanation for it sounded like an excuse, rather than, y'know, a reason.

It would have worked so much better and could have been more believable if the thing Sarah was assuming actually WAS more believable. Take their shirts off, have Cameron in something skimpy, make them sweaty, I have no idea, and frankly all of those suggestions would be rather unbelievable in the context of what they actually were doing. But that's the only way I could see Sarah jumping to such a conclusion.

But yeah, I've read you the riot act enough. The interactions were strong, John stood out as the most believable character, so kudos to you for that. I'm rather interested in seeing where this is going, and I can't say that about a lot of other stories.