Reviews for How Was Your Day, Dear?
scifijoe chapter 1 . 7/15
A nice quick story. I know how Kim feels when I talk to my niece about her time in Iraq. I would like to know but she will/can not tell. I understand very well as there are some things, I cannot say either.
Like I said, this is a very nice story.
Alexander - Godslayer chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
I’m starting to think THIS must the conflict of trust that you have told me earlier that would be a huge thing for Kim to deal with eventually, and I can see where this is coming from. I guess that, despite their personalities matching to a point and they now loving each other, if there’s one thing that doesn’t combine about them is Shego’s position with these jobs and Kim’s mild but present “control obsession” that makes it so she Needs to know pretty much everything. And Shego’s background sure isn’t helping.

Well, I’ll see how that goes eventually.

Other than that, all I can say is that the fic has been very, very, very, very, very cute. _

Looking forward for more.

Yours, “Now with sugar-induced cavities” Alexander/Alexlayer

Take care!
Thomas Linquist chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
I am proud of Kim. She has learned to think before talking, and to see how things might look to Shego, rather than acting and then apologizing later. Their relationship was on one heck of a slippery slope for a while.

Sometimes you have to conciously think about the techniques that counsellors give you. I've seen both side.

I love the way you write these characters. I just realized I wrote that I was proud of Kim, as if I could sit with a flesh and blood person.
ginna5683 chapter 1 . 10/29/2008
this was a really good follow up. i was wondering what would happen when they got back. and now i know so im happy. YAY!
RonHeartbreaker chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
Nice little vignette. Good, solid KiY-style domestic cuteness and humor (fries in the nose - nice touch; my daughter is 7 now and has outgrown a lot of that basic juvenility but I get to look forward to it as the 2-year-old grows). Shego and Kim trading counseling terminology is priceless.

This story also has a nice final touch in Kim's decision not to analyze the clothes. That'd be high-school Kim behavior, a la endorsing Ron's being chipped or telling him how to get his haircut - putting herself and her need to know/control above everything else, including her most important relationship. It's nice to see a more mature Kim making a sensible, mature choice about how she's going to treat her wife.
Mirenope chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
I love it. Your fics have inspired me and have even changed what I originally had planned for Nat. Att.

(Sniff) Your like the father I don't remember having.

Sorry.

I can't wait for the next story!
Etherelemental chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
And the main downside for having Joss and Bego over is that they already know that Shego was in Egypt. Which I really doubt that she's aware of that fact. At least I'm pretty sure they're aware of that fact. So much happened in there that it's kinda hard to keep all of it straight. But it's definitely good that Kim let the clothing analysis go. As it really was a good question of what Kim would do after the results came back. Aside from that, even if Kim didn't do anything, Shego could always intercept them by accident which would just create a whole other bag of worms. Which definitely wouldn't be needed by either of them. But anyway, thanks for posting that. I just wish you'd put out what happened during that dinner, since it would likely have been in the next chapter. But since this is clearly a one-shot, I'll just have to wait and see if it'll be in another fic itself or not! Although, I'm still wondering if there'll be more happening from that venture in Egypt.
shinneodeus chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
That was a surprise. They both acted mature about their whole situation. A brief fight with words but then deflated. And Kim does the right thing of not trying to go behind Shego;s back to find where her mission was. Not that she didn't have the temptation to do so. Thinking of investigating the clothing to her partner;s hair.

Read you later!
sweetPixiesmile chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Haha! Found it. Nice ending, I loved it. Tense and yet no action. It had completely no action, but you effectively pulled off the tension underlying marital relations with extreme circumstances.

The sign of a working relationship is choosing your battles so that a win-win situation can arise rather than a lose-lose (you rarely get into win-lose situations, in long term 'ships, I find.)

I totally think Kim, with her competitive "Kimness" would hunt down the mole for free, especially since it happened "on her watch" as it were. And her first big time operation a failure!
Daryl chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
great story. wish kim would leave it alone though
The Humbug chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
I enjoyed reading this story and was very entertained! I appreciated the references to past marital counseling between KP&S and also the trust issues; faithful readers of KiY will recognize these issues as being highly critical ones between our heroines. It's good to see Kim take the high road. Shego's handling of her secrecy restrictions was about as good as anyone can expect; I'm glad that she didn't make too big an issue of it and assured KP that it isn't her (Shego's) choice. On a technical note, the length of the story was just a litle short for my tastes... but I always want more, so ignore that part! Great story!

(Do I have to read City In The Sands?)
Invader Johnny chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
Well I didnt read thhe Egypt fic but I'm gonna guess that this one-shot was meant to be as a trust thing for Kim huh?

Invader Johnny Signing Off.
A Markov chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
The only thing worse than having fries up my nose would be finding out that I liked having fries up my nose... A sentiment I will carry with me from this day forth.

I love the way you portrayed Kim here and I'm so glad to see her really thinking about someone else's feelings. This is a nice cap on "City in the Sands" and I'm glad you wrote it.

Alex
Wispr chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
That really was a very nice Epilogue for City in the Sands. Love how you write the domestic scenes.

Wispr
Mr. Wizard chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
Actually, I prefer this standing apart as you have it. It lets the relationship stand out better that way. Great domestics as always.