Reviews for Fly Away Home
Star-of-Chaos chapter 19 . 2/6
Another well done story. :-)
Star-of-Chaos chapter 18 . 2/6
THIS. This this this. OMG this. Oh hon this is just absolutely beautiful, just one of the most wonderful ways of them experiencing each other I've ever read. I actually read this yesterday, but was at work so I couldn't log on to review, but now I can just gush like I wanted to. Really good job with this.
Paulina Ann chapter 19 . 10/4/2014
You are a fabulous writer with a gift for story telling !
BD-Z chapter 19 . 7/17/2014
Dear lord, I had to remind myself which story this was and I skimmed the chaps really quick. I was impressed with how you looped their powers, Rogue and Remy's absorbing, I mean. That was very believable.

Once again Sinister was a jackass but once again, he was so well written. His logic is very scientific and from his point of view, reasonable. As for your inclusion of Belladonna, loved it. I wished that Belle was in the original series but they never did delve into Gambit's character. It always bothered me that they didn't do it. Then again, I could say that about a lot of the different character backgrounds. Thanks for this and now I am onto the next review.
Ryvaken Lucius Tadrya chapter 4 . 4/4/2014
I like Rogue's frustration at not being able to forgive Mystique. It's very emotional, very real. Kurt's response, probably as introspective as you can expect a teenager to be.

Forgiveness is a tricky thing. If you've never had it asked of you or been in a position to ask for it, it seems like a complete cop out. But when it's sincere, there's a huge weight of subtext. To ask for forgiveness admits that you've hurt a person with your actions and, more than that, hurt yourself with the guilt. Even worse, you're saying that the only way to become whole, to make the pain go away, is to ask for a gift from the person you wronged. It's painful and humbling and it takes a strong person to get through it.

Mystique is simply too weak. She's excused her mistakes, she's explained them, she's dismissed them.
Me Voila chapter 19 . 2/7/2014
I loved the concept of divided loyalties that came up in this story - so much potential! And we got some more background on Remy's upbringing, which makes sense with the way you've written him in this series. The scene with Mamere and the sugar pot really stood out for me - it was so poignant and vivid. I also loved the scene where Rogue reflects on how at home Remy is in the Bayou...it would have been nice to have a similar scene in the city, or to know Gambit's thoughts on the condition of 'la ville' after the hurricane.

Logan's feelings for Jean hit me like a ton of bricks, I did not see that coming! The idea of a teacher falling in love with a student he practically raised is challenging, thats for sure. But I think you did a really good job of having Logan realize and process it.
Dragonstars chapter 19 . 8/21/2013
beautiful end. kind of wish Rogue could touch, but then, that's the way it is. still, beautiful end.
IrisAyame chapter 19 . 11/17/2012
Wow! This story is full of energy and enthralling! I really enjoyed it!
I forgot to tell you that I absolutely LOVED the kiss scene! That was so much more than a kiss! You described their feeling really well there!

Just a little something about the French equivalent of "The end", you've the correct word, but the spelling shouldn't include an "s" at the end : "Fini" is the correct way of writing this. It's the shortened form of "C'est fini". It is the verb "finir" past participe (the equivalent of the "ed" at the end of the English verbs ("finished"), or, for irregular verbs, the equivalent of the third colum - you know : to go / went / gone - (that's the way we learn English verbs in France)).
IrisAyame chapter 13 . 11/17/2012
You sure please me with all the French sentences you're putting in this story! :D
Just a little detail :
Me, neither. Moi non plus.
What you wrote "moi n'en plus" and what you should have written "moi non plus" sound almost the same in French if you're speaking quickly, so, I suppose you're more easy with hearing and speaking French than with writing it. How did you learn French? It's quite unusual to be more fluent in the spoken form of a language than in the written one! For sure, I'm more at ease with reading and writing English than with speaking it! (I'm French)

Back to your story :
I wonder who it was that Remy saw. Was is Mystique desguised as Bobby? I'm pretty sure the raven's Mystique, but this glimpse-of-Bobby, I don't know... Let's read the sequel!

By the way : thanks for writing this story!
IrisAyame chapter 10 . 11/16/2012
fleur-de-lys is a stylized lily that is one of France's national symbols.

I'd rather say that the "Fleur de Lys" WAS a French National symbol. It was used by French Kings and their Family. Since we cut their head and all (French Revolution, 1789), we don't use this symbol anymore, except in History books and in Castles (in order to keep their pristine royal look).
The sole French National symbol we use nowadays is our flag (vertical stripes, one blue, one white, one red), and, since we're not really nationalists, we only see it on national hollidays on the buses and on public buildings (I think we have to have one in the town hall, but it's not always there). The history behind our flag is linked to the Revolution : white was the artistrocat's color and blue and red was Paris's color, so they put the white between Paris's colors in order to mean that the aristocrats were under the Citizens' watch.
Personally, I don't like it when there are flags everywhere, we know we're in France, so what's the point to put flags every ten meters ?
That's all for this historical review! I'm sorry if I bored you.

Iris
IrisAyame chapter 9 . 11/16/2012
Est-ce qu'on a suffit à manger pour encore deux autres?: Do we have enough food for two more ?
a slight correction : A-t-on suffisamment à manger pour deux autres? / A-t-on assez à manger pour deux autres?

We don't have enough food for ourselves. Nous n'avons même pas manger pour nous.

I really enjoy reading this story! :D The idea of visiting a Bordello was great! :D

Iris
IrisAyame chapter 3 . 11/16/2012
Your "Going out," he announced. "Back later." and the sentence that explains how Logan's bending the rule is a great creation (une grande trouvaille in French).
I also appreciate the French sentences. There is still small mistakes in them, but, all in all, they're pretty well written.

Thanks a lot for writing and sharing this story!

Iris (French reader)
TheRavenFlute chapter 3 . 4/15/2012
Just saying... If he gets on flights I presume he has to go through security right ? What about the metal detectors?
Gambit's green eyed Chere chapter 19 . 12/17/2011
HANDS DOWN BEST ROMY EVER!

I love this story it had exactly everythinng I wanted in a romy fanfic

Things I liked

Rogue and gambits background were both made aware of

There was a power swap kinda thingy going on

I like how you made thm nice to each other in the beginning instead of

Rogue always being pissy at gambit

Loved your explanations of what things meant at the ends of thechapters

The length was good

Nice fluff

Just the right amount of lemon

Anyway very good!
Iryl chapter 19 . 11/24/2009
/cry

So sniffly and happy and shiny and happy and SNIFFLE! O.O