Reviews for Broken
Devin Trinidad chapter 1 . 11/29/2014
I don't know, merry-go-rounds usually look quite majestic when they stop.

Love the characterizations and dialogue.
young dawn chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Wonderful insight on two of the lesser known characters in the DN universe. Dialogue was eerie and just superb.

"I think you and Mello weren't as broken as the rest of us."

Oh the irony, that in the end, they're the two that /are/ left broken.

Sora
spacehikariangel chapter 1 . 8/25/2008
This was amazing. It's short, but there is so much depth in it. The dialogue was great and the last line was absolutely perfect! I loved this!
Forgotten.Thirteen chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
Really well written. This is definitely a side of Linda that I haven't seen. I've never thought of them as a couple. Well done!

-Rasko
PandaMuffin123 chapter 1 . 7/6/2008
hn...ya know i used to really like this pairing but i've grown apart from it! the weird thing is that my 2 fav pairings were mattxlinda and lindaxnear...but...(and i don't remember how) then i replaced matt with mello! huh...mello and linda? WELL, I'M NOT CRAZY!
Gosurori-Otaku chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Much love for this. I mean it, this is amazing. :)
Hikari Daeron chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
*eats*
WithABunny chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Wow. Linda's lines are pretty eerie, with all the foreshadowing.

"Broken reflections of a letter that we'll never be in the end. Reflections are never as good as the original."

That line by Matt - that was genius. *shivers* And, seeing as it took both Mello and Near to take down Kira, the statement does seem to ring true.

Oh, and MattxLinda - I haven't read a fic with this pairing before. I think this is pretty interesting - normally, Linda in other fics has been portrayed as this artsy type of person, or as having a crush on Near. Here, though, she seems to be well-matched with Matt. Well, even though they're not really attached to each other here, but I think you get the point.

Yup. This is definitely going on my Favorites list.
Kanki Youji chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
YAY FOR MATT/LINDA! Do you know how long I have to search for fics about this pairing? There are hardly any out there. Now that I've switched from M2 to Mello/Near (though I still love, love, LOVE M2), I've really started to pick up on Matt/Linda, not that I didn't before, but then it was only a passing fancy. Good, but not your best.
lazy reviewer chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
I really like this one. It's serious, and it's cute, and it's absolutely hilarious ("I -know- Matt"). I wonder if Linda feels any resentment toward Matt, though. I mean, really. Of course, for all we know, Near might be the only "weird" kid of the bunch-Mello, though genius, was normal simply by being competitive, Matt is normal enough because of his cocky laziness (not to mention they work together, insinuating that they both have -some- form of a social connection). And Linda tries to make Near play with the other kids.

But I like your take on it, although the "broken children" topic has been done enough times to make one's hair bleed.