Reviews for Save the Queen
Dollface chapter 7 . 9/15/2012
I just read all the chapters in this fanfic and I think its awesome! I'm smitten! I love your writing style so much 3 please update soon! Can't waiiiiit! :D
computerangel21 chapter 7 . 12/15/2010
Look this story! update soon
Mrs.Hedlund2007 chapter 2 . 2/24/2010
Love it lots! Can't wait for you to update.
LadyZaidey chapter 7 . 12/21/2009
Your story was such a pleasure to read, i was so glad Penelo and Balthier hadn't actually done anything :P

Oh and i so hope Basch and Ashe can move past what happened with Noah, i want to see them together and it's almost painful to think this might come between them :(

But back to the point, yours is a very well written story and i can't wait for more!

Merry Christmas!
Gweneal chapter 7 . 10/15/2008
Oh, Famke! This chapter! I couldn't help but read it all in a breath without making the read/review erm, technique. I was so happy for Vaan and Penelo, because in my opinion, this was one of the best scenes I ever read for them!

It is so... innocent but deep and meaningful. I loved Penelo's hesitation then iniciative, and the way Vaan replied was powerful! It was beautiful!

But then Balthier... wow, I don't know if you know but I admire Jote a lot and here she was so, so great! OMG finally someone writes about her being not the cold, heartless viera she seems to be, but also a being with deep feelings! (after all, in the game it is blatantly shown she allowed Mjrn to return, and cared for Fran to the extent of lying for her sake) So, Jote... wow, the way she run and shattered the offerings and quickly tried to heal Balthier was awesome Famke!

Balthier... and Fran! :( Balthier is dead! Oh no :( The leading man gone... this will be the death of Fran if she survives the Silverflow challenge :( and the shadow... Balthier had come to her when he died... this is so sad, Famke! You are brilliant in angst! This chapter, like all the story, is so magnificent. I really love you for this. *HUG*
Dikitas chapter 7 . 10/11/2008
Hurray! Another chapter! Sorry I took so long to read it, but school startted a month ago and I can't feel the days pass by, I have a bunch of stories to read and some of them already more than one chapter updated.

But I just couldn't leave this one in the dusk, Final Fantasy XII is one of my favorite games, Basch and Ashe are favorites too, and the story's great!

I'll be waiting for the next one!

Happy Words

*Melodia*
Maudiebeans chapter 7 . 10/9/2008
Famke!

Wow, there are so many things to read, a parade of goodness! This day has been awesome in reading everyone’s fanfic :D I’m all inspired *dances*

*ahem* okay so review time!

This chapter may be shorter than the rest, but it was still great, and the fact that 8 will be following shortly makes me squeal WEE! I have to say that Vaan and Penelo steal the show here. I’m used to reading Basch and Ashe romances but seeing these two have a moment is wonderful. I’m glad they made up, yes Penelo you should feel ashamed for what you did! I really liked the line Vaan thought of how she gets to cry but he can’t. How sad you want to give him a hug!

Basch’s scene, although brief was nice to read too, how everyone was afraid of the Judge and then him knocking down the poor page boy, and his reaction to Basch helping him and then running off. Not even a thank you, people these days :P XD

Woo Circlet of Divine Light YAY! I don’t know why that makes me happy but it does *SMOOCH* but wow, despite the morbid and serious tone in the end part, I found your wording to be very beautiful. And Fran with Fafnir, holy crap!

*total straight face*

I don’t believe Balthier is dead : He is the leading man, he said they don’t die!

*breaks down and squeals* EYGAR YAR ARGHLA! SNARGLEMUCO! You master of suspense you! *tackles*
Basched chapter 7 . 10/5/2008
Famke...this won't be long I'm afraid...because we MSNd about a lot of it this morning.

But I shall just put this on record for saying how magnificent this is! You had wonderful Vaan/Penelo that was so warming and Basch's little scene certainly made me laugh! (It was brilliant!)

As for the tragic ending of the leading man...I was shocked! So shocked and yet I wondered why on earth you did this. But it all fits in so well...especially when Fran sensed it. :(

You should be so proud to have written this...for it was an honour and a joy to read another excellent chapter in this story. I just don't know how it could get any better when it's this near to perfection!

If anyone doesn't like this...I would be very surprised!

Don't ever abandon it...I hope that you will continue to see it right through to the end! *Where Basch and Ashe do finally get together...right? ;) )

X
heaven-monument chapter 7 . 10/5/2008
This fic is a giant, steaming heap of YES YES YES.

I love it to bits. It's so fresh and unoriginal and OMG BAL-BAL IS DED?

Yes, I call him Bal-Bal because he pisses me off. Stupid Archadians. But I digress.

Quite frankly it's the best fic I've read in months.

9.6/10

~HM

Faved, Alerted. Please update soon!

PS: Fran. Unarmed. Without armour. Fafnir. 1 million and a bit HP. Are you out of your mind? XD Can't wait!
Feeny chapter 7 . 10/5/2008
New Chapter! Heehee!

And you dedicated I to me? Aww! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU! *TACKLE GLOMP*

And Chapter 8 will be soon? He!

*Reads*

With a thundering roar and a flash of it's damned and glowing eyes, the behemoth approached.)

HOLY CRAP FRAN’S GOANNA DIE! NOO! *bitenail*

her eyes fixated in horror on the dark blood that began slowly seeping out from under the hume man's back.)

BALTHEIR’S GOANNA DIE TOO! NO!

She knew this hume would not survive and with Balthier gone, Fran's death in Silverflow's End would surely follow.)

D But, Balthier and Fran can’t die! T_T

Jote's claret eyes widened as they fell upon her younger sister's partner that lay dying at her feet.)

…Jote goanna get mad.

I love Hala, so, so, so much, by the way

“Vaan!”)

d:SAHf:G!

He blinked and suddenly looked straight down at her.)

YES YOU SEE HER NOW SHUT OF THE AIRSHIP ENGINES AND TACKLE HER! DO IT NOW YOU!

This scene is awesome but I feel like my stomachs going to get ripped out XD

Instead, it began to descend gently before her.)

DAMN STRAIGHT! *Happyclap*

before it had yawned even halfway open, she was bounding up the stairs in a crouched run.)

Vaan is irresistible! *shot*

It was worth it XD

Suddenly, he was up and out of his chair, then storming the few steps it took to close the gap between them. He leaned in, almost touching his nose to hers and clutched the back of the seat next to her head in a vice grip.)

-Kinky- *shot*

Oh wait, Vaan’s angry at her despite cornering her into a wall, and shoving his nose in her face, and their lips are very, very, very close right !

"Why did you have to kiss him Pen! Why!")

YES! WHY?

"Not like I do.")

lkjdsg/ldsug;xclguj;clgihfd:LGkfdLGHKFDHKFD?LHJREO:TKD VgF DGJfdGJFDKGJFSG

*dies*

*comes back to life*

E-E-E-E HKFDHDS *dies*

I hope Fanfiction doesn’t get annoyed with the gibberish…XD

Seeing no one, he squatted with a low grunt and began gathering the pieces of vellum bearing Larsa's elaborate handwriting.)

HAH! Basch, trying to be all Bagranthy failed! YOU CAN’T ESCAPE YOURSELF BASCH! You can’t escape the selfless nature!

Heheh. That was cute XD

He didn't move away from her touch and this terrified her and excited her all the same.)

OMIGAWD! Hehee! *happy-clap*

Penelo couldn't help but release a small anxious smile as she brought her trembling hand up and flattened it out over his face.)

NYHRKJHFKFHSD

His eyes widened as she leaned forward and touched her mouth gently to his)

….

;ljgFCKG j:GJK OMIGAWD SHE KISSED HIM FINALY AAH FAMKE YOU ARE EPIC OMIGHJDJLDKFLDSKFDSALDKL! D D D

She closed her eyes as he released a shuddering breath into her mouth. Then, with an abrupt motion, his mouth was over hers and he was kissing her.)

NYYHWWHWHWH OMIGAWD I’M LOVING THIS SO MUCH! E-EE-E!

*Spins in chair*

*feels dizzy now*

as he wrapped his strong arms around her

his strong arms

his strong arms

*dies*

"Don't stop." She whispered already grasping the back of his head and forcing his mouth to hers.)

THEIR GOING TO DO IT! EEKDSJFJF

Famke, EPIC! EPIC DOESN’T BEGIN TO COVER THIS!

She was almost to it when someone suddenly called out her name.)

NO ASHE! Don’t go in there! LEAVE THEM BE TO…Do….each other *shot*

"It's me...Kytes!")

GO KYTES! Yes, Ashe, speak to the child for a half hour or so, leave Vaan and Pen be!

Hey! Let me get the ladder, then you can climb up and get his attention!")

*Retracts statement* Damnit Kytes!

unaware that the boy was happily climbing up right behind her, as customary.)

That boy’s a pervert.

Like unholy tears, near-black beads of blood dropped from his body and spattered the floor. As one, the guards moved to the alter and gently laid him over the cool, smooth surface.)

Aw crap! D

and waited, but his next intake of breath never came.)

NOO! BALTHIER CAN’T BE DEAD! NO!

This time Fran was able to hear the earth shaking roar over the screaming voice of the wind. Fafnir snorted huge puffs of steam from his nostrils...then charged.)

FRAN! She can’t die too?

Nyeeh D

“Balthier is dead.”)

YOU CAN’T LEAVE IT THERE?

Well you did but, what a cliff-hanger.

*Will be on high alert for Chapter Eight*

Will Balthier die!

Will Ashe ruin are AWESOME moment?

DDARGH!

~Feeny “Will bug you so much on MSN tonight” Beeny
Dikitas chapter 6 . 9/18/2008
oh no...

Balthier...Penelo...Basch...

I WANT THE NEXT CHAPTER! *gnif*

Please, please update soon! *puppy eyes*

*Melodia*
northswain's glow chapter 6 . 9/17/2008
Hello Famke! I've been following your stories for some time, but I've just decided to give up my lurker ways to finally leave a review :)

I just love the way you tell a story - this latest chapter was simply heartbreaking, and while things seem grim for everyone, I can't help but hope that eventually all will turn out well. I actually happen to love your cliffhangers - keeps me wondering as to what will happen next, and yet when you update you completely blow away my expectations. Keep up the wonderful work, looking forward to the next update!
SharperImage chapter 6 . 9/13/2008
OH MY GOODNESS!

I can't belive it, You did it again Famke!

I'm so concerned for poor Balthier right now, did he just die?

And Basch...is he going to inevitably somehow turn into his brother full of bitterness unable to let the past go? This is poor Basch, his morals are bending backwards and suffocating him in a vice grip. He's telling himself he wont remember, but this action probably only is worse if you ask me...

I bet Vaan's coming back for Penelo, he just needs to blow off some steam.
Gweneal chapter 6 . 9/8/2008
Famke! I am so glad that I could read and review before I leave :D Because I loved this so, so much! OMG I love such angsty stories, and you have reached such limit XD EVERYONE is lost, sad, sorrowful :( though I hope everything will turn out to be ok for everyone in a near future :)

Wow, the first part... I knew exactly of what Basch was talking about, it was the Anneau yet I was speechless to see that Noah had kept him... did he really keep it as a mere trophy? :( Or something more?

And wow, I am really really pissed with Penelo XDD You see, I like a lot Fran :) it was really hurtful to see a girl, like Penelo, who is always so concerned about everyone (I remember her concern about Fran and the Mist in the game) precisely hurting almost everyone else around her: using Balthier, hurting Vaan and Fran. It was unexpected and I liked a lot to see this, and I wonder how far Penelo will be to regain everyone's trust :) Vaan AND Fran! XD

My favourite part... it was Fran's redemption. It was so, so hearbreaking... this sentence speaks for itself: "As she did so, Fran lowered herself to her knees and let her head fall forward in defeat. Her tangled white hair cascaded over her face and brushed the leaf littered floor of the dwelling's wooden porch. Her usual melodious voice gone, she spoke in words that were barely audible, "I seek to return, to become one with the wood again." THIS IS SO PERFECT FAMKE. It really lets one know how Fran is defeated and utterly lost :( *hugs*

And of course, I fell in love with Balthier's willfulness (sorry if such word does not exist) to go to Fran. I know he loves her :) he must love her, to put his life at risk in such a way! (Silverflow's End OH NO FAMKE, I am thinking of... oh no, poor Fran :( ) And Hala, wow, I am glad that I am not beginning to know her :D she seems so sweet, a true fresh breeze in this village of cold-hearted warriors :D

BALTHIER! No, DON'T DIE! WHO was the idiotic viera that dared to shoot him? :( And Hingabe, I am so, so curious now. What is it? What Fran has to do? Somehow I also thought that it was probably something that must be done without the aid of any weapons (Fran's nightmare... after all she is the weapon expert in the party), but I am clueless about anything else!

You KNOW how to torture EVERYONE! :D Not only the characters, but also us, poor readers that are now all aligned in cliffhanger and eager to read more! :D Famke, you are awesome! Please, keep writing like this :) *HUGS*
Feeny chapter 6 . 9/8/2008
SUPER LONG REVIEW ENGAGE!

First part is sad :(

and most horrifying of all...she was weeping.)

Poor Fran :(

and the fact that Jote sees Fran's crying as horrifying means she still cares.

Everybody’s miserable right now! It's naw cool! There need to be major kiss and hug sessions here!

Ashe gave Balthier a brisk slap to the back of his head causing him to jump with surprise.)

TOO RIGHT TOO! :[ XD

"You are no longer welcome. Leave this place at once.")

Sometimes...I really want to hurt Jote.

"There is no longer a place for me there.")

Look at the destruction BalPen has wrought! D

both his strong arms)

Despite that fact that his arm are around the wrong person! I shall fangirl.

VAAN IS WELL-BUILT AND MUSCLED! heheh

Then things had gone terribly wrong.)

Uh-oh...

Whoa, Penelo got attacked by the Green eyed monster pretty bad there.

D

Getting worried for Fran here...

And Hala! HAHA!

"Love" was a weakness and an affliction that a respectable viera would not concern herself with)

Lol the Viera need to chill out,

I'm liking your adaptation of Hala!

"Erromonea comes from the garif,")

SUPIHALA! HAH!

Hala was in love.)

Supinelu! T-that is how you spell his name...right? XD

He would be reunited with Fran and his the Strahl before lunch-time.)

Balthier has a medical condition. It is called "The-Stick-up-the-arse-itis "

handful of the platinum hair on the back of his head)

DON'T BE TOUCHING VAAN YOU BITCH!

and the Rozzarian girl was annoyingly hanging on Vaan's elbow trying to stop him. )

"Annoyingly" I like how you put that there!

Then Vaan had punched Balthier. Hard.)

HE SHOOTS! HE SCORES HAHA!

GO VAAN

NOW TACKLE PENELO!...please?

he stepped very close to her, yanking his arm roughly out of the Rozzarian girl's grasp.)

HAHHAH!

Oh dang Fran, ouch. hedeservesitthough

his light familiar scent wafting over her.)

AH I DON'T WANT THIS TO END BAD!

AH VAAN NOO!

D DON'T WALK AWAY NOO! AH *falls over*

Maybe he was a gentleman and didn't look.

Yeah...right.)

Yeah Mister The-stick-is-too-far saw like that. He even tried to peek on you.

She had to find Vaan.)

YES YOU DO! FIND HIM FIND HIM!

So it's the Protect charm! Ouch...that has to sting for Basch...

He had completely forgotten himself for a moment and allowed his fingers to touch some of her light colored hair.)

E-HE!

She had leaned up suddenly and pressed her soft lips against his for an excruciatingly brief moment, then pulled away quickly from the kiss.)

I LOVE THIS SCENE! Hee *happy clap*

Now he knew differently.

Noah had kept it as a prize; to him it had been a trophy to mark his conquest.)

NOAH! DAMN YOU!

Cursing under his breath, the sky pirate stared down the line of armed and ready statuesque wood warders that blocked his path; as one they raised thier arms and aimed thier weapons directly at him.)

Oh be-deary

She just had to.)

YES YOU DO! Hurry up Penny!

"You can't...Penelo stay back...Vaan is taking off...he's taking off!")

AAH!

She took a giant breath then screamed, "Vaan!")

O_O

*sucked in to the story*

"Van!" Penelo screamed again and this time her voice broke with desperation.)

AH CRAP! SHE CAN'T BE TOO LATE! *pulling out hair*

GO HALA! I like Hala. She is awesome...The viera better not exile her.

a bamboo arrow protruding from his chest)

HOLY CRAP!

Is Balthier goanna die!

...and with that Basch fon Ronsenburg was no more.)

Is he...not going to be -him- anymore?

DAMNIT BASCH!