Reviews for Branded Heart
Natascha chapter 28 . 12/4/2008
I really hope you are not going to leave it hanging like this. I like the story very much and have been reading since the beginning.
Luftslott chapter 10 . 12/3/2008
Om my god, you killed Carson! I can't believe it :(, but if you don't take that into consideration - great story! It is exciting and I can't wait to see how it ends.

...you killed Carson...:(:(

;) Luftslott
Holly Short of the Lep recon chapter 27 . 10/31/2008
will you update if I beg? beccause I'm dying to know what happens to ronon! and fanfic wont let me tell you this on the last chapie, caues i areddy reviewed you for that one! gir.

PLEASE up date! im goin crazy thinkin of all the ways of how this could end ronon!

I love it!
TubaPrincess chapter 28 . 10/25/2008
...what? He's dying? After that amazing rescue? This is such an amazing story. I'm glad I had a free Saturday to enjoy it! Although.. I'm going to be crushed if Ronon dies. This is such a dynamic story and I love all the descriptions and the varied use of verbs. The story is alive. I feel like I know all the characters. I will definitely be keeping up on this story from now on. Thanks for such a beautiful story!
twin1 chapter 28 . 10/18/2008
ow wow, amazing amazing story. my favourite stargate atlantis one so far, it's going on my list. i'm going to recommend it to my sister as well.
fyd818 chapter 28 . 10/12/2008
Dear Black Hawk, my faraway friend - First, I must apologize for how long it's taken to review the most recent chapter of "Branded Heart." It seems every time I sat down to do so, or even headed for the computer, something would happen to pull me away. Even today, this is my SECOND attempt. I'd just begun, when I had to go help my husband hook up the outside antenna to my mom's new little TV in her dinette (her big TV is hooked up to satellite, but she only watches local channels when she's eating). So having said that, and throwing in an extra grovel or three-

Thank you for the extra-long chapter! I confess to being greedy, I never get enough of your writing! And-Wow! That was . . . very intense. Not only did Rashid get his much-deserved desserts, (I wonder if the Wraith got indigestion from feeding on such a slimeball!), Dannella got hers, too: squared and cubed! It's a wonder I didn't crack the mouse, I was gripping it so tightly while scrolling down! The battle between Ronon and the Wraith (you're so good, girl, you actually had me empathizing with the WRAITH!), Teyla's, John's, Liliana and Curtis's reactions to what was happening in front of them. . . Especially Teyla's. When she told John she would die with Ronon, I was going, no, no, no, LIVE with Ronon, dying with him is really NOT the best idea! ! ! You've both been through too much to give up now, you're TOGETHER again (sorry for all the "shouting," I just get really passionate about those two). And now Ronon's heart has stopped. Can you say MEGA evil cliffie? I knew you could! LOL!

Loved the little bit of Rodney and Bo, where he's trying to protect her from seeing awful things. His awkwardness with kids just made it that much sweeter. And what a sharp young lady Bo is, as if she hadn't already proved it! She knew how to fire a drone to save her Ma and Teyla! BO ROCKS!

Hope classes are going well for you. I'm getting called back to the Bureau at the end of the month: not for the 2010 gear-up, but for the telephone center where I started out. *sigh* But hopefully I'll have a chance to switch over to scanning for a while once the surveys start rolling in. I like talking to people, but hours are more limited in the call center.

Again, sorry for the lateness of this review! May you always enjoy love, laughter, and life! -Mama Jo

Hello, Black Hawk! Like Mom, I apologize deeply for taking so-o-o-o long to review. RL can be such a pain. :P

Um - wow! This entire chapter was one jaw-dropping twist after another. Ronon and the Wraith, the Wraith and Rashid, Teyla and Dannella - just, wow! I was shaking through the whole chapter. You write everything with such clarity, it makes it so incredibly easy to see in my mind's eye what's going on. I especially like the final showdown between Teyla and Dannella, which really wasn't that much of a fight (on Dannella's part, that is, she was no match for Teyla on a good day, but after what she'd done to Ronon. . .). It was so intense, and I could just *feel* the rage, the hate, the grief - everything Teyla was feeling when she killed that vile woman. And Bo - my gosh, I love that girl! I always knew she was amazing, but this just doubled, tripled, times-ten her awesomeness! That girl knows how to get things done! I loved the moment where Rodney was trying to keep her distracted, so she wouldn't see what was going on outside. He really is a sweetheart, even if he's not quite sure what to do with children. :P

And now Ronon - oh my gosh. He *can't* die, he just can't! Teyla's come for him, they're finally together again, everything that has stood in their way is gone. They're free, they can go home, they can live happily-ever-after and all that. He can't die! *wails*

Once more, Black Hawk, an exceptional chapter! Each time I think it's impossible, but with every chapter you keep proving me wrong - this story just keeps getting better and better! Thank you so much for this update, and I eagerly look forward to the next! Once more, I'm sorry for taking so long to review!

*hugs*

fyd
TheWelcomeStranger chapter 28 . 10/5/2008
Brilliant! My favorite part is "Ronon the Runner who couldn’t flee for help. Ronon the warrior who couldn’t fight alongside her in the rebellion. Ronon the lover who couldn’t be faithful." Please update soon.
Holly Short of the Lep recon chapter 28 . 10/4/2008
ronon: add another chapter!

me:yes, please! cant...stand...SPIENCE... WHAT HAPPENS!

that. was. the. BEST. chapter. yet. when are you gonna review? please do it soon!
Little Miss Sci-Fi chapter 28 . 10/4/2008
ANOTHER CLIFF! :P Very good chapter, hope to see more soon.

Little Miss
starg8fans chapter 28 . 10/4/2008
Phew - for a moment there I was afraid you WOULD let them die together. But what a great twist to get them out against impossible odds! And both Rashid and his mate-from-hell got what they deserved. I must admit, I was a bit taken aback when Teyla killed her with her bare hands, it seemed a bit contrary to her usual self control. But then I remembered all she'd been through, and it made sense. She can't be the character we know after this ordeal.

Now I can only hope John knows his CPU, so we'll get a happy ending after all... But that's up to you, of course. *sigh* I'll be sorry when this is over, though. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a story this much. It's way better than any of the SGA novels I've ever read, that's for sure!
lazaro chapter 27 . 9/25/2008
Aw, man! i can't wait until the next installment
fyd818 chapter 27 . 9/25/2008
Dearest, dearest Black Hawk, fyd and I FINALLY have our landline (and therefore Internet) back from Ike's depradations, and oh joy! THREE chapters of "Branded Heart" to catch up on, and savor, and review! Glory, glory, glory, but were they ever worth the wait!

Poor Ronon! I realize I've been saying that a lot, but - really - the agony he's having to endure, not just physically, but emotionally and spiritually and mentally. . . ! No wonder even he is crumbling under it all! And Teyla was RIGHT THERE! And he thought she was just another feverish hallucination. . . Would you consider me a horrible person if I say I'd hoped Dannella DID actually have her throat cut by Rashid, for what she did? Or better yet, that TEYLA will have a chance to avenge her husband's honor (while we've been marooned offline, I've been reading Anne Perry's Victorian mysteries, so I'm a wee bit saturated with that period's views at the moment :)). And I was about ready to stand up and cheer when Teyla pushed John out of the way so she could go running past him!

Also, cover your ears, dear, but I LOVE BO AND RODNEY TOGETHER! How perfectly nailed that scene was, how TOTALLY in character for them both! It made me clap my hands and stomp my feet in enjoyment. All three chapters, marvelous, marvelous, marvelous. I apologize if this is all muddled, but I'm a little giddy, can you tell? ;)

Oh my, stuck in a classroom with a lot of old fogies like me! At least you only have the one lit course left, and hopefully it will be relatively painless. Fyd shared your earthquake experience with me - oh, my goodness! We've had some minor tremblors around here, the most recent back in February or March, when the Wabash fault area got a little active. The New Madrid fault could also affect us if it decides to reshape the Midwest again, so I can empathize with you a bit. And the poor girl from Serbia! I wanted to hug her, too!

Who would have thought that living so far inland, I'd be able to say I now know what it's like to live through a tropical storm/minor Cat 1 hurricane: mercifully absent the heavy rains. After I was out helping take the underskirt for my mom's mobile home loose from the north end so the winds could just pass on through underneath, I found bits of leaves in my ears, in the pockets of my mumu, even-! In 54 years, I've never experienced winds like that! And fervently hope never to again! If my poor, shredded silver maples in the front yard could speak, I'm sure they would agree. . .

Well, fyd has been wonderfully patient with me, allowing me to go first, as usual, but I need to let her add her part to this review. Again, I thank you for the lovely surprise waiting for me, and pray you and yours will always be blessed with health, love, and happiness! Love always, - Mama Jo

Black Hawk, I've missed you! *hugs* (And, yes, I have missed you, not just the updates of "Branded Heart"!)

First of all - I think I am going to sit down and cry my eyeballs out. I want to hug Ronon very, very tightly - then hit him over the head. It wasn't his fault! He didn't betray Teyla! Whether he wants to see her again or not, by Jove, he's going to see her again, because she's bound and determined to see him again! The scenes you wrote with him were just so - there's not a word for them. The emotion was just so real, and raw, and there, and heartbreaking - oh my gosh. Oh, Ronon. . . *hugs him*

And Bo and Rodney! Oh my, I loved that scene. It was a perfect drop of levity in the midst of some very hard, very angsty scenes, and I adored every second of it! Rodney has most certainly met his match, now that Bo has discovered the wonderful advantages of sarcasm! Their back and forthing made me laugh, and it was so lighthearted and fabulous. I hope we get to see more of them interacting in the future! I also adored John's circus reference. :D I could so, completely hear him saying that. Too, too perfect.

Oh, and I hope Danella and Rashid so-o-o-o get what's coming to them, nasty people. I think it's too bad Rashid didn't take care of Danella right there. *grr* Nasty, mean, horrible woman. And now Ronon - he's going out there to die, isn't he? Because he thinks he's not good enough for Teyla anymore? *cries* But I loved it when Teyla shoved John out of the way to run after him, to go to him. *muffles squeal* I just know everything is going to turn out okay, somehow - it just has to! O.O Otherwise I will be very, very sad. :(

Thank you so much for these three fabulous updates, and I look forward to more in the future! *hugs* Hope you and your family are well!

fyd
Lucifer Lazaro chapter 15 . 9/24/2008
This tory is written by a diety of literature. I'm at awe of your skill and cannot wait until the next chapter. Seriously...it is a JOB WELL DONE!
Little Miss Sci-Fi chapter 27 . 9/24/2008
Stop leaving us hanging! :'( Haha! Very good chapter as usual, hope you can post more up soon. :)

Little Miss
TheWelcomeStranger chapter 27 . 9/23/2008
True, I judged quickly- but you cannot mistake her personallity or intensions from your writing. Great chapter, torturous beginning- that it was not Teyla.
123 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »