Reviews for Learning Curve
Clarica chapter 1 . 7/15/2014
I think the last three reviews just wrote pretty much my feelings about this story too... I mean... I didn't recognized my beloved disgraceful perfect couple Clois... and I mean 'perfect' in the sense that perfection is not something that belongs to this world...

I'm married and marriage is not all day about love and sex and sexual desire for each other every moment of the day but this doesn't mean 'divorce'...the true love struggles with difficulties and differences... anyway... back to Clois... they are my model... my disgrace... they made their disgrace their perfection and that's why I love them so completely... and I think this is showed quite well in the last episodes of SV season 10...
g
at least there's hope in the end...

I love others of your Clois stories... very deeply... but this one... I'm glad I've read it... it's form a different point... but it's not the Clois I love...sorry...
1eclecticreader chapter 1 . 3/23/2009
You know, I'm a little ambivalent as to how I feel about this story. Honestly, I don't know if I like it or if I don't.

As I was reading, I slowly became alarmed at how the discontent and pettiness abounded within the story. As I continued, I became uneasy because I couldn't recognize the couple I love. Then I read the word "divorce" and I started wondering if I stumbled with the white rabbit into wonderland. My first thought was "NO!".

'Tis pretty cynical, don't you think? I mean, I would never, even for one moment, imagine that LL and CK's married life is one perfect story. After all, their lives are far beyond normal. But considering their characters, I think this is a harsh outlook and somewhat skewed. It could be a possibility, I'd grant you that.

Hope is what I've always taken away from Lois and Clark. So I'm pinning my faith that this is one story among countless many that's aimed to challenge. But challenge what? Destiny has written and tried to re-write their story. It always ends the same. They're STILL together. ...I suppose as they are in your story, as well.

Bravo for a story that scared me just a little and made me think. Great job!
gathers-no-moss chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
I can't remember how long ago I read this, I just know I haven't been able to get it out of my mind. I'm a big fan of stories that have the abilty to turn what we know about the characters upside down and inside out, but still keeping them within the realm of what we know to be true. Personally, I believe this is one of those stories. Marriage is hard so why should that be any different for these two complicated people. I love the possibilty that this could happen, if they let little problems become bigger problems.

Thanks for this wonderful albeit sad story. Adding to favorites.
metaphor chapter 1 . 11/27/2008
I almost stopped reading this halfway through because I'm a firm believer in Lois and Clark and I think their relationship would work much better than this. But you do have interesting things to say about marriage, and at least the ending was somewhat hopeful. Well written, even if it's not the Lois/Clark I have in mind.
Raudell chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
Okay then. I think I'll go wash my face and forget I ever read this.

In all seriousness, you do raise some great points about marriage, about relationships, and about Lois and Clark, but in all honesty I still don't see this ever happening. It COULD happen, but it WOULDN'T happen, at least from my point of view.

I'll give credit where it is due...it was very well written and you did convey your version of what Lois was thinking and feeling very well.

But even so, that doesn't mean I liked it.
framework4 chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Well done. Hopefully someone in the Smallville universe can hand them a copy of Aaron T. Beck's "Love is Never Enough".
Zucht chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
interesting intraspection; nice and angsty.
1000GreenSun chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Great story! It seems realistic that this would happen in the clois relationship, so thumbs up! Keep up the good work! :)