Reviews for Irresistible
L.C. Li chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
AMAZING. AS USUAL. O.O
Kairikiani chapter 1 . 3/5/2009
Youd did an amazing job depicting Kent's state of mind...or lack of one, for that matter. Excellent timing through the whole piece. I like how you began with the kiss rather than ended with it. Most people have introduction just for the sake of introduction; I'm glad you didn't do that. You have a nice resolution too. Great piece.
FireEdge chapter 1 . 7/9/2008
XD Ahahahaha! That was so freakin' cute and funny. Oh, Kent, you insecure little package of adorableness. I loved when Lyn told him that everyone was watching. I could totally see him dying of embarassment/shame. Or everyone (especially Sain) going :O. Anyway, that was lovely; gave me a good laugh (at Kent's expense, of course).
Talren chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
Huh. I don't check this site for a couple days and you've gone on a writing spree. I swear, there's some sort of conspiracy or something.

Anyway, "entertaining" would be an understatement. Mushy as it was, there was enough humor ([Everyone is watching]) mixed in with the mushy romance to bring both "awws" and chuckles to any readers.

The bit with Kent snapping back into his old self. The story being narrated by what's running through Kent's head was also an excellent touch.
Maxmagnus20019 chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
“Everybody is watching,” she murmured, and he swallowed almost nervously at the tone of her voice.

OH GOD, THAT WAS PRICELESS XD

Awesome, very good, keep up the good work you :P
Qieru chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
Well, FFnet ATE my review. *angryface* Anyways, my apologies for that *tries to remember what she wrote*

Yay! Thankyouthankyou! :D I loved the thought-based narration and how it was weaved with the "real-time" actions. Very lovely, very smooth. x3 (OKay, not so smooth for Kent, who was in turmoil-which was epically written- but you know what I mean :B )

I WUBBED IT. 8D WUBWUBWUB.

...My literacy is starting to fail me...

Two Grammar thing (I usually don't /look/ for grammar stuff since I like enjoying the fic as it is rather than interrupting my thought process to pick at it, but if you want me to, next time I can do more)

[anything even remotely resembling intimate with the woman] "remotely resembling inimacy" maybe? x3

And that you used "steady himself" twice within relative closeness. x3

*insert more squees of happiness and strings of unintelligible words*

:D

Fence
Qieru chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
*squee*
Saber Wing chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Loved it! That was very good,the description was great. I had the image clearly in my head. Great fic.
Korsriddare chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Great pacing as usual! Particularly enjoyed the ending, when Lyndis went "We'll finish this later."

I love lines like that, especially coming from her, as if promising more things to come. Of course, she probably did mean to have more waiting for Kent.

Good work!
sadal suud chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Ah, I just said I don't like fluff, but gosh darn it all, this was cute. Oh, Kent. Why'd he have to get all emo? XD Just be glad, boy, that you get to kiss your Lady Lyndis.

...Don't ask me where I get off calling him "boy."

Muah, I liked this! Nice work, Manna. Sorry for leaving such a short review.
Sardonic Kender Smile chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
You may as well skip reading this review since you know what I'm going to say anyway xD.

Well. Wait. Guess I might as well...

You ready?

Okay:

KYAH!

Oh, KentxLyn. Our cult pairing xD. You do write it so very well. I like how the way it was narrated was not telling what Kent WAS thinking, but his actual THOUGHTS. If that made any sense. Like how the last line was stuttered, and all that.

I do think Kent's whole angsty "I'm not good enough!" was a bit random...I mean, Lyn just KISSED him, so a logical man like Kent might be able to reason that it's not that he's not good enough xD. But overall, yay. Kiss. Adorable .

And now write more! Thou art thusly commanded!

-Kender
SpeedDemon315 chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
-chuckles- Kent's awkwardness here so humorous but you got love it. Of course, when he started going down the whole 'I don't deserve her' tangent, I went "Kent, Kent, I don't think she CARES". That's to be expected in any case and luckily Lyn's there to set everything straight for him.

Ending with Lyn's promise of another kiss and Kent's eagerness for more (which was a hoot) was the perfect touch, nice job on that. Keep up the great work!
Kitsilver chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
The first line is a good hook. Grammar and spelling are good, as always. The actions and thoughts of the characters are realistic. I can totally see the elation of victory making Lyn want to kiss Kent, and the guilt and hesitation Kent would feel. You have a lot of detail for Kent's thoughts and description of the scene.

But I feel that I'm being told too much. Like in the 4th paragraph we're told that he's hesitated and confused, his stomach is lurching, he'd never done something like this before, and he would have recoiled in horror not long ago. This is good for the author to know, but I want to see it instead of being told. I can't see the kiss since I'm wading through his thoughts. It's as if his mind is so filled with memories of her - her voice, her laughter, her eyes - that he doesn't see her now, with her lips against his and his arms around her. The actual moment is lost.

And again when they pull away and he thinks she looks so strong, so amazing, the most beautiful thing he'd ever had the honor of laying his eyes on, we're only told what to think. So I don't really feel it. It's spelled out so clearly that I can't see her as Kent does, don't take in her mussed appearance and realize with him that she is still so beautiful.

I do like the ending with what Lyn says. That is so like her, yet so delightfully playful and flirtatious that it's almost unlike her.

There's a lot of good things about this piece and I'm glad I read it. But I think the emotions would be stronger if we're told less and see more.
devandonet223 chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
You know, these stories of yours are very good. All of them kept me captivated as I read them. This one was outstanding. The emotions, actions, everything was kept in great detail. Loved it!