Reviews for Heaven in My Arms
spongyninja24 chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
aw, that was the sweetest fic ive ever read!

u r an amazing writer! little roy was so cute!

i love this fic so im faving it!
FireEdge chapter 1 . 7/9/2008
Aw, Roy's so cute! And the kittens! But good job on getting all three of those aspects in the story. You most definitely succeeded. Roy made the story flow along nicely, you could see the elements of romance between Eliwood and Ninian and the whole thing definitely made me teary-eyed. I also liked your interpretation of how Ninian starts to weaken and such. It was very believable.
Arauru chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
I adore this family - this pairing - so much..you've perfectly placed them into a situation were, like Eliwood and Ninian, I wish it would last forever. It was short and sweet and I think you've did a really good job of this.
Talren chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
Lets see, here's a simple formula for this fic:

Romance Angst Young Roy Kittens One fic that mixes sadness, fluffiness, cuteness so well that its hard to believe none of them were overdone.

You've brought out the happiness and touch of sorrow Eliwood would feel about Ninian's condition.

It's a shame you don't write this pairing more often, from the looks of this fic, you write the pairing very well.
Saber Wing chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
Aww, how sweet...Nice job!
sadal suud chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Blargh, I don't care for Ninian, but what can I say? You wrote it, so I gave it a chance. As always, I like your writing style. You're great at writing natural conversations; I've always admired that about you. The only thing is that I don't like fluff. X3 Good story, though. Nice job!
Xirysa chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
How is it that your work always inspires me? Pfeh. That just goes to show how pathetic I really am. [self-angst]

Either way, I thought that this was really sweet. Especially since Ninian knew she would get weaker and not live as long if she remained in the human realm...

D'aw... Baby Roy is so adorable... Really nice overall. Great job!

-Xirysa
Popo-Licious chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Uhwa! I HAD to comment! XD This is just so sweet... I don't really know what to say! I love it when authors write about little Roy and that brief moment in time when he can enjoy the company of both his father AND mother. Good work!
Sardonic Kender Smile chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Marc's! HA! You go, mini!Eliwood! (Gahh...too many...exclamation points...)

Anyway. I almost don't want to review this, because all I'm going to do is just rant on and on about how good it was. Adorable-ness and little baby Roy-ness (before he grows up to be a professional Marth-pwner) and KITTENS...SO CUTE! ALL OF IT! But also touching and sad! It was beautifully done. The best part, of course, is Eliwood using his political skillz to bribe Roy into going to bed...(poor dear doesn't know that when Roy turns five, he will lose. THERE IS NO ARGUING OR GIVING LOGIC TO A FIVE YEAR OLD. IT CAN'T BE DONE.)

And I thought somewhere along the line you told me you couldn't write EliwoodxNinian...? Hmph. Guess I'm not going to listen to anything you say ever again.

Excellently done, once more.

-Kender
Hikaru Morinaga chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
My heart broke with the whole situation for Ninian.

BUT OMG LITTLE ROY. I DIED OF THE CUTE.

...I want a kitten now. D: DARN YOU, MANNA.
crazygunbladergirl chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
are you kidding i love eliwoodxninian fics so much!

little roy with the kittens is so cute! :D

you mixed everything together very well! lovely job!
Kitsilver chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
I like it. This piece is sweet and touching and just a bit sad, moved by dialogue and many small actions throughout.

Roy is endearing, acting and speaking as one would expect a 2 year old to (on a good day). Imagining this miniature version of Eliwood looking up at his parents with a kitten in his hands and a grin in his chubby, blue eyed face is just too cute.

Ninian is a sympathetic character. That she needs Eliwood's help to walk and leans on him even when at rest makes clear that she's physically weak now, much more so than before. But we can tell by the way she watches her son and speaks to her husband that she is happy and would have it no other way. When she smiles and teases him, reassuring him even though her health is failing, she seems very gentle and strong.

Eliwood is real. We can see by the way he humors his son how much he loves the boy. But more importantly we see how much he loves Ninian with every light touch to her waist, to her lips, and every murmur in her ear. That she means so much to him is humbling, and the anguish he feels knowing she will soon be gone is sympathetic and real. It is easy to feel for him.

My only criticism is that you explicitly state how much it hurts him to see her like that a few times, especially in the beginning. That line about the horse stomping on his soul isn't necessary, and it would have been more effective to just have Eliwood clench a fist over his heart instead of mentioning again how much it hurts him to see her like that.

Overall though, good work. You use a light touch throughout to make the characters and the scene come to life. It is easy to see the scene and feel what the characters are feeling.
devandonet223 chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Loved it. I found everything beautifully placed. The scenes were very vivid and it felt so realistic. I love how you portrayed the angst and romance into the story. This is a very good fic. As soon as I read it, I read every bit of it. God job, loved it.
SoloWing chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Poor Marc's, he just can't win.

Anywho, I enjoyed this litte fic very much. The way you wrote their personalities were spot-on and its not hard at all to see why they would respond as they did to the situation. Ninian's always struck me as very understandingly content, which means that few people I've seen have been able to write her well, but you just have.

The emotions played out very well, and you did a fine job detailing Eliwood's emotional conflict. Realizing that and drawing it out of his character was a feat in and of itself, but then to make it real was a whole 'nother ballgame that went equally well.

Great work.