Reviews for Aftereffect
Javanyet chapter 2 . 8/17/2008
Just came across this when I was revisiting your stories and looking for new updates. A perfect coda, both chapters become far more than the sum of their parts.
Javanyet chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
Ouch, existentially. Brilliantly, bitterly done.
Lenni George chapter 2 . 6/22/2008
Wow. Two very great pieces! Moving and heartbreaking. I love it. I'd ask for more, but I think this is perfect!
Elisabeth Carmichael chapter 2 . 6/19/2008
Oh how tragic. They both know but they are both stuck. Very artistically written. Especially the "Not Claire" aspect. So wonderful! You are just terribly talented!
Elisabeth Carmichael chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
"sleeping on her back the way Claire never did"-now that is genius writing! You have so much talent for capturing grief and personality!
RebeccaInley chapter 2 . 6/17/2008
Wow, very good. You set the tone so well; so sad.

I feel bad for Not Claire (and Jack too, of course)...loveless marriages are so depressing.
mccoylover chapter 2 . 6/17/2008
Wow. Chapter One was awesome, but chapter two is even more powerful!

This chapter really clarified - no pun intended- things for me. It also magnified the reasons marriage number two was destined to fail for our guy.

It's just too sad...for Jack...as well as Not Claire.

Oh please... now that you've set the tone so wonderfully... more!

Not only would I like to see you pursue Jack's stuggles and the ultimate end of regarding his 2nd marriage, this is a wonderful prequel to the road to Regan!
lovelyvah chapter 2 . 6/17/2008
Welcome back, Gil!

Good take on Jack's love life after Claire's death and I'm really looking forward to see who's this mysterious wife.

Now, where's Jack and Regan?
Metalchick36 chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Very good! and very sad too! Jack really loves Claire and he'll never get over her death.
mccoylover chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
When you do angst, you really mean it!

So sad, for everyone involved.

Wonder if Jack is the 'not fill-in-the-blank' for his lover as well.

Well done. I think you nailed Jack, as always.
Knight of Silver chapter 1 . 6/16/2008