Reviews for January Thaw
Shimizu Hitomi chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
Whoo! HOW DID I MISS THIS.

I remember waiting for this one because... dude, Oswin/Serra. But I apparently forgot about it. I'm good at doing things like that.

Yay devious Serra and yay playful Oswin. The chemistry is sparking, and I love the very natural, relaxed dynamics here. They both feel their age here, but the difference also doesn't squick me out. So squee!
FireEdge chapter 1 . 7/9/2008
By the way, in your author's note at the end. Did you mean it was "humour" that you weren't so great at? 'Cause I have a hard time believing that it's "romance" that you're not so great at.

Anyway, this definitely made me laugh. While I'm more of a ErkSerra shipper, I DO enjoy the OswinSerra pairing, if only because it's SO funny. It's great to see stalwart Oswin be all flustered. And when Oswin actually took the initiative and kissed Serra back (and being so PLAYFUL, too), I definitely died a little. XD
Maxmagnus20019 chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
The opening quote is pretty good xD

Oswin and Serra is such a funny couple, but it does make sense, since they're both Hector's vassals, and those guys are pretty close-knit (all 4 of them can support each other xD)

Pretty nice one, your doing fine with other pairings :P
Princess Priscilla chapter 1 . 6/17/2008
OswinxSerra, yay! One of my Rekka OTPs
sadal suud chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
What do you mean romance is usually something you're not so great at...! It's practically all you write! AND YOU WRITE IT WELL.

Anyways... haha... this is great. "Generals of Ostia did not blush for any reason!" And he spends the rest of the story blushing his blood vessels off.

And wow, that was pretty racy for you. XD But it was still amusing, so it's okay. I happen to like Serra/Oswin so I didn't mind at all. It's awesome to see someone write this pairing. I'll bet the person for whom you wrote this fic is pretty happy right now, huh?

Nice job, Manna. _
Sardonic Kender Smile chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
UM. O_o

Haha, well, usually I'm not a big OswinxSerra fan (sixteen and...thirty? IT'S SCARIER THAN KENSHIN AND KAORU.) But, since it's you, I had to read it. Because...well, it's you. And your writing is always pwnage. And you don't get enough reviews.

Well, this was cute and fluffy. I loved Oswins reflections on why Serra compliments herself so much...I've often thought the same thing myself. Shaved ice in the Fire Emblem world seems a bit of a stretch, but...it's pretty much Italian, and so that makes it perfectly alright ;-).

Some things that made me go "hm" were 1) Serra being that CRAZY forward (if I were Serra, I would've made a move on pretty much anyone other than Oswin xP) and Oswin blushing quite a lot, 2) that sentence beginning with "He noticed she was smiling...", which was a run-on, and 3)"his delayed-action mode"...? Oswin HAS no delayed-action mode! xD Oswin is made of n00b pwnage.

I liked it, though. The tone was really cute (and a different color than most of your works), and I could see the characters very well in my mind's eye. This is a hard pairing to write for. (And you're not allowed to say you can't write romance. So shut your face.)

Off to review THE OTHER FIVE BILLION FICS YOU JUST POSTED (seriously, how do you DO that?)

Cheerio,

Kender
SpeedDemon315 chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Oswin/Serra is so endearing; they make quite an cute couple.

Well, I see no mistakes here so a job well done! A flustered Oswin is quite entertaining and Serra acting like a vixen is the icing on the cake. Bravo!