Reviews for Let Myself Fall
Jemimah chapter 1 . 5/26
The relationship between Susan and Caspian seem to be coming in from no where - like I feel there is missing parts to explain what is going on in each of their minds. Also, many times I have seen that you have portrayed King Caspian as weak, not able to make his decisions properly without seeking the help of Susan. There is some lacking in character buildup.

And Susan's character, they way you have portrayed is not really true to her character.

I understand this was you first fanfic. Overall, you did a good effort.
Leanne chapter 14 . 5/26
Really nice - except some places you do tend to over exaggerate - as in too many descriptive words - or adverbs/verbs (I forgot the actual term) - but I really enjoyed. Will read it again!
Diane chapter 6 . 5/26
Your story is good but I feel as if that the personality you have created for Susan in your story doesn't quite match her real character. I don't know how to frame it. I find Susan in your story to be a bit too 'quick'... I'm sorry, you're not going to understand what I'm trying to say, but overall, I enjoyed your story, but the ending dialogue of Caspian was too long and not quite realistic - it was a bit cliche.
MajesticMoments chapter 15 . 4/30
This is a ridiculously fantastic story. I am in so much awe I'm not even really sure what to write in this review.

Bravo! I read this in less than a day. And though I am sad that I didn't find it sooner, I am happy that all the chapters were there for me to finish it all so quickly.

I will definitely be returning to read it again. And again. I love the Narnian history you included and the tie into the books. I hope to see more Chronicles of Narnia stories from you.

Until next time.
CillaT chapter 15 . 12/2/2014
one of the most beautiful narnia fanfictions I've read (and mind you've I've read quite a number if not almost all). beautifully, beautifully written!
mrittika.roychowdhury.5 chapter 15 . 6/18/2014
Its just awesome...really can't believe such a brilliant story can be written...thank you so much for the story Scion of Kushiel... :) chapter 15 . 4/17/2014
Beautiful story from start to finish. Your story made me love Swiftly, mourn Mog and celebrate Susan and Caspian. One of the best stories on this site, I'm looking for more Suspian to feed my addiction.
MelodySong231 chapter 15 . 4/1/2014
wow-I absolutely love this, not even ashamed to say that it moved me to tears in some parts. Well done
purple sky always chapter 15 . 2/21/2014
You write very well. I thought the letter Susan wrote was very touching.
Lothiriel5 chapter 15 . 11/19/2013
This last chapter was so good, it made me cry. I loved this story.
hashi chapter 14 . 11/7/2013
this is the third time I read this story fully. Loved it more every time. I don't know how you do it but it is magic. Truely magical your story is. I only wish if this happens in the book series too. Thank you so much for this amazing story.
hungergamesfan77 chapter 15 . 7/8/2013
Love love love very good story
Masayume85 chapter 15 . 6/30/2013
I'm not sure if you're still receiving these reviews or not, but I'm going to type this out anyway. It wasn't until the most recent movie adaptations that I began to love the Chronicles of Narnia. The movies brought the books to life for me in a way that I was never able to manage reading them on my own, and I swear this story has taken my breath away much like the first two movies did the first time I saw them.

Even though it wasn't in C.S. Lewis's novels, the hint and suggestion of something more between Caspian and Susan intrigued me, and has ensnared me ever since. I don't often go looking for fanfiction, but it wasn't until recently that I had a sudden urge to read something for Susan and Caspian. I wasn't quite sure what I was looking for exactly, but I've spent weeks combing through different stories, skimming some, finishing others, and outright stopping others after the first chapter.

I knew the instant that I began to read this story that it was everything I had been searching for. I can't exactly put it into words, and I'm somewhat incoherent since it's about 4 a.m., and I've spend the last 4 hours devouring this story, but this was incredible. Every detail stayed true to the spirit of these fantastic tales that we hold so dearly. Everything I've gone through up till now has tended to present very OOC versions of either Susan or Caspian, or both together. Within the first two chapters of this I was ready to cry I was so happy to see both of these characters that I love so dearly being presented as I knew them to be.

The presentation of this story, which by this time the idea of Susan returning to Narnia for Caspian has been told countless times, no one has dared to capture exactly what it would mean for both of them, and the risks involved quite like this story. The fact that you were actually able to include believable conflict, in which Susan is able to further prove her worth as a warrior as well as a wisened ruler and adviser was just so refreshing. I love how despite everything, Susan was able to bond with Ramandu's daughter. The peace they shared between one another, and the quiet understanding they were able to foster even with Susan's feelings for Caspian was extremely thoughtful and appreciated. I do not think Susan would be so petty as to hate the poor woman for doing what she believed she ought too, and when Ramandu's daughter stepped aside at the end, even if it was for her own sake, it felt so noble and full of caring for Susan and Caspian alike-it was extremely touching, bringing life to an otherwise rather unknown character.

Ugh, where do I even begin with Caspian. The poor man is always trying to do what is best, even when he is being brash. I loved him in this. I could see him in this. He always tries to be so noble, but somehow he doesn't quite manage it as well as he would like. Part of me wanted to be disappointed in him for moving on, but the argument for doing one's duty is always there, and Caspian is never one to give up on anything. The fact that he couldn't get it through his thick skull to make it easier on all involved, was kind of frustrating and so very him. Maybe if he had just talked to Ramandu's daughter (I am so sorry all I keep wanting to call her is Lillandril-I can't remember the name you had for her) in the beginning and explained what was even so plainly obvious to her things might have been very different, but it's clear that option never would have even crossed Caspian's mind. After all, he didn't exactly grow up around the most honest of people with his Uncle, he's had to learn that elsewhere. Through your story I fell in love with his character all over again.

Overall though, I think the biggest thing your story does for me is it redeems Susan from her fate in the books. I have never been very happy with how things were left for her in the novels, which is probably why I've never really been drawn too deeply to them, and I've always hoped that should the movies ever get that far they might change that-but for now stories like this will give Susan the happy ending I've always wanted for her. She's far from perfect and it was so wonderful getting to see all sides of her in this story. Like all of the Pevensie children, after their return from their first trip to Narnia they've seemed horribly stuck between their older and younger selves. In this, Susan finally seems to be able to have come to peace with that in herself. The path she set for herself in this story was a difficult one, but one she bore with the utmost dignity I feel, and that, more than anything is what made me so happy about this story. She bore her heartache better than most women would in her place and that made me feel for her. I've always felt that if she had known about Ramandu's daughter, or somehow been there, she would have encouraged Caspian to be with the beautiful star.

Ugh, I could go on but I feel like at that point I would just be rambling and going around in more circles than I already am. Suffice it to say I loved this story and it will probably forever be one of those stories that leaves its mark on my psyche. Thank you for putting this out there for the world to read, it was exactly what I needed and it has inspired my own muse.
Shadow41 chapter 15 . 4/21/2013
One of the best stories I ever read! Simply perfect!
slioe chapter 15 . 4/6/2013